TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

I must say I was about 50/50 to ever visit this park but Robb you really made that more like a 60/40, and yes 60% on the "no" vote and 40% on the "yes" vote.

But I cannot lie, maybe I will be visiting the park in 2020. Right now I have something going on but this is still very fresh and requires things to work out this year. Anyways that trip will also include Legendia so I have a chance to ride Lech coaster also, throw in Hyperion and Zadra that look like they can give me something. With Speed I know what I can expect because I rode Divertical this year (solid ride but nothing new or exciting) and Roller Coaster Mayan gives me the chance to experience the "new" Vekoma SLC trains (But thats in no way a selling point for me). So if I get the chance next year I will take it. In about three weeks I will know more, if it stops there I doubt I'll make plans to go to there any time soon.

I must say I was about 50/50 to ever visit this park but Robb you really made that more like a 60/40, and yes 60% on the "no" vote and 40% on the "yes" vote.

The park is absoultely worth visiting... but at least now you can adjust your expectations. And I'd also say the park is worth visiting provided you also visit Legendia on the same trip!

The park is absoultely worth visiting... but at least now you can adjust your expectations. And I'd also say the park is worth visiting provided you also visit Legendia on the same trip!

You recommending the park even after the "bad" experience sums up nicely why it used to be 50/50. It justs feels like a mixed bag of a park. So the adjusted expectations comes with the drop to 60/40, It's still very much on my radar though it just the priority has dropped. Getting this park recommended together with Legendia however helps me to consider the trip down the line if next year doesn't end up happening.

I'm still hoping that things work out this year not only for a Poland trip next year but it can also make coaster trips in general easier in the future.

Anyone ride Zadra already?

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A6003 através do Tapatalk

I got four laps on it today. It's a very aggressive (in a good way- not uncomfortable at all) ride. There is airtime everywhere. I preferred last row (rode three times in the back, once in the front). It doesn't let up. This one pulls less punches than Steel Vengeance, but it lands all of them, directly. I don't rank or keep lists, really, but I do know that at least at the moment, I can't decide between the two. Energylandia definitely has a big winner with Zadra.

I didn't say anything amid the excitement over so many new additions, but I've felt that the park seems off in some way -- it reminds me of a model train village with odd props from college parade floats & Oktoberfest scraps. No matter how colorful the park gets, it looks artificial somehow.

Tree growth will certainly help, but I hope the park pauses construction to catch its breath at some point -- Six Flags proved that adding five coasters in two years isn't the recipe for the world's best parks.

The park is a little weird. I walked through it, but didn't bother with anything other than Zadra, Hyperion, Formula, and Mayan. It absolutely does feel like a temporary fair here and there. The new area, hopefully a sign of what is to come, is top-notch, though.

One nice surprise, at least for the rides I rode, were operations. I don't know if this is standard, but they were pumping trains out like it was no one's business- without fail. I wasn't expecting that at all. Two trains going on each of the four coasters I rode, all day, apart from an apparent technical issue on Zadra late in the day. They put the second train back on around 8 pm (park closed at 21:30/9:30 tonight). I don't know of any Six Flags park that would have given a damn about putting that second train back on, and I've never seen a Six Flags park that gets trains out of the station at the pace that this place did (at least today). I only bring up Six Flags, because that was the bar I had set coming into my visit. A funny thing I noticed is that riders on Zadra actually listened to the announcements and weren't constantly holding up dispatches by lowering the lap bars themselves. That's been, without fail, an issue every time I've ridden an RMC coaster, Cedar Fair or Six Flags.

Energylandia is the only European park I've had the chance to visit to this point (so I'm sure my standards are set low by default) and apart from 12 of the 16 or however many coasters they have being of the kid variety, and the really temporary-looking scenery here and there, it seems like it could be a promising place. I know they're expanding at a crazy pace- it would be nice to see some investment thrown at the shoddier parts of the park. I'll definitely visit again, when next I get the chance to go to Europe, because of Zadra and the next eleventy coasters they put in.

Anyone ride Zadra already?

I got four laps on it today. It's a very aggressive (in a good way- not uncomfortable at all) ride. There is airtime everywhere. I preferred last row (rode three times in the back, once in the front). It doesn't let up. This one pulls less punches than Steel Vengeance, but it lands all of them, directly. I don't rank or keep lists, really, but I do know that at least at the moment, I can't decide between the two. Energylandia definitely has a big winner with Zadra.

Not surprised to hear Zadra rides as great as it looks!

While I still don't think it looks better than SV (at least given my personal tastes), I will say from the POV's I've seen with riders on Zadra (particularly from the back seat), it looks more wild and crazy than the official POV made it look! Definitely a great looking coaster, and while Robb has sufficiently tempered my expectations, I do believe this is still a park I want to make an effort to get to when I finally make it overseas!

So I was in the park yesterday and overall I need to agree with people that wrote that this park is kind of weird. I’ve been to a lot of European parks like Phantasialand, Hansa park etc. and none of them was that messed up like Energylandia.

Park looks really cheap and everything is all over the place not mentioning millions of kiddy coasters, no trees and ton of random stuff. Like you are just standing there and thinking where the hell am I. Formula and the SLC are very mehh, should be advertised as family rides but Hyperion and Zadra are really top class coasters.

Zadra in my opinion is for sure better, it’s the best coaster that I’ve been so far (before that Karnan was my fav) back row is crazyy, it doesn’t have any weak spots, it’s just truly an outstanding ride, it was the first coaster that after riding it few times I was still amazed how intense it was. But queue is even worse than Hyperion’s I think it takes about 8 min to walk it, like there is no end to it, really annoying not gonna lie.

And can we talk about how theirs new area where the Zadra is, it looks like rip off of Klugheim. I went there and I was like damnn it looks exactly like this but worse, you can see when you are standing there that it looks way cheaper than Klugheim not that realistic and professional but still farrr better that the rest of the park tho.

Honestly if not for Hyperion and Zadra I would never go to this park and I live in Poland (and yes it was my first time there) it’s just tragic, nothing makes sense there and the whole day I was just going between these two rides..I wayy more prefer other European parks

^ And this is why I said about 85% of the park looked like what I posted because you would randomly see some nice landscaping, but then on the other side of that, you just had a typical fairground ride with little to no decoration at all...

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 1.52.48 PM.png[/attachment]

There was zero consistency, rhyme or reason to why some minor areas received slightly more attention that the ones right next to it.

Why too much hate? No good thinks on park? What about hyperion? Zadra?

^ And this is why I said about 85% of the park looked like what I posted because you would randomly see some nice landscaping, but then on the other side of that, you just had a typical fairground ride with little to no decoration at all...

There was zero consistency, rhyme or reason to why some minor areas received slightly more attention that the ones right next to it.

There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between "hate" and reporting my experience. My experience with the park was "not good" and that is exactly what I've stated. I personally was not a fan of Hyperion, or I should say it fell below my expectations. I took 5 rides on it. 2 were good. The other 3 were some of the roughest, most "rattley" roller coaster rides I've had especially for a coaster that's almost brand new.

I thought most of the park looked cheap and tacky, like a summer carnival made a permanent stop. I did say some areas looked better, yes, but even those were a "knock off." There is NO WAY anyone could look at that new area where Zadra is and deny that the park was just ripping off Wizarding World and Traon's Klugheim and it didn't look anywhere near as good as those.

It's not "hate", it's just what my eyeholes saw. If you have a different perspective, that's fine. I also don't have to agree with it either. Who knows. Maybe on my next visit to the park my experience will be better and if so I'll happily report about that.

It also comes to no surprise that the RMC is good. Have they made a bad ride?

Edited by robbalvey

There is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between "hate" and reporting my experience. My experience with the park was "not good" and that is exactly what I've stated. I personally was not a fan of Hyperion, or I should say it fell below my expectations. I took 5 rides on it. 2 were good. The other 3 were some of the roughest, most "rattley" roller coaster rides I've had especially for a coaster that's almost brand new.

I thought most of the park looked cheap and tacky, like a summer carnival made a permanent stop. I did say some areas looked better, yes, but even those were a "knock off." There is NO WAY anyone could look at that new area where Zadra is and deny that the park was just ripping off Wizarding World and Traon's Klugheim and it didn't look anywhere near as good as those.

It's not "hate", it's just what my eyeholes saw. If you have a different perspective, that's fine. I also don't have to agree with it either. Who knows. Maybe on my next visit to the park my experience will be better and if so I'll happily report about that.

It also comes to no surprise that the RMC is good. Have they made a bad ride?

That’s exactly my thoughts on Energylandia. I wrote about it few posts higher. I can agree with you 100%, my experience with this park was the same

^ Yep, I saw... and I meant to comment on this...

But queue is even worse than Hyperion’s I think it takes about 8 min to walk it, like there is no end to it, really annoying not gonna lie.

That is disappointing to hear that Zadra's queue is the same. I mean, I'm all for parks having nice queues and places to put people so that the line isn't spilling out into the midway making the park look like a mess, but c'mon! That Hyperion queue was absoultely RIDICULOUS!

When I think about "unnecessarily long queues" my brain always thinks back to the original Dueling Dragons (RIP) queue and the Hyperion one had to be FIVE TIMES that length. And based on how many people I saw in line and how long it took to get through that amount of people, I can only imagine what the queue would be like if it were full?

I mean, there had to be room to fit at least 5,000 people and I cannot imagine that the line wouldn't take, seriously... ALL DAY LONG especially if it took them about 40 minutes to dispatch about 5 trains worth of people when I was standing in that line.

And that fact that Zadra has the same thing? That just goes back to what I said before about the poor planning and design of this park. Why wasn't this on someone's radar to "fix" after how insanely stupid the Hyperion line is? Or could it also be that on a crazy busy summer they might ACTUALLY HAVE 5,000 people waiting 6-7 hours in that Hyperion line as they slowly dispatch during a one train operation?

Edited by robbalvey

Normally operations in Energylandia are much faster. They are dispatching one train another another. You had bad luck.

It's even much faster when guests are forced to use lockers. The idea seems weird for us at the beginning but it allows them to make operations much quicker.

Regarding the turnstile at station entries during all my visits guests passed until there was 0 on the screen. If the wanted to wait for next turn, they usually encourage people to overtake, trains are full. It seems like you have been to completely different Energylandia than I was.

In fact I have not seen anyone including other RC bloggers/influences (call it how you want) complaining about operations in Energylandia that much. It simply does not look like you have wrote.

So far the worst operation I have seen in Port Aventura. And there were lots of empty seats and 1,5h waiting time.

Edited by wojok040

Normally operations in Energylandia are much faster. They are dispatching one train another another. You had bad luck.

Then that makes even less sense of why they built a stupidly long queue area not just once, but TWICE.

And like I said, this was my "first" (and only so far) experience at the park and I witnessed poor operations all over the place, which is the main reason why I didn't ride much. I mean, trust me, I tried. I got in line for the SLC. It didn't move. They weren't dispatching trains very fast. I got out of line. Same thing with the Boomerang family coaster. It even took them forever to dispatch the new Roller Skater in the Zadra area when there was NOBODY IN LINE.

So while I'd like to believe you that "operations are normally much faster" and that we just had bad luck, I also refuse to believe that we had bad luck all over the park.

But who knows...maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised whenever my next visit there is... which honestly, I'm not in a hurry to go back...

1910419587_slc1.jpg.fcbc752c12f102c00d08c0a202b0af21.jpg

Seriously, I got in this line for the SLC. I waited ten minutes. It never moved. In that time I watched them dispatch one train. I had zero patience for this bad of operations, so I left.

IMG_2722.thumb.jpg.44745aaffcda89934b01d7cb5b05bf6e.jpg

Here is the line for one of the kiddie coasters I didn't ride. But I wanted to at least get some off-ride footage of it. It went one time as I walked up to the ride, and I waited outside the ride for about seven minutes. It never dispatched again in that time. So I left.

IMG_2739.thumb.jpg.7ffd178a9253f0cca07778182bf0bcc0.jpg

Same story with the Boomerang family coaster. Full queue... I saw it operate once in about the ten minutes I was standing there, so I left.

Edited by robbalvey

Yes the building is oversized but still operation are quite fast.

When there is noone in the line they are waiting for few more guests like any other park.

In fact I have not seen anyone including other RC bloggers/influences (call it how you want) complaining about operations in Energylandia that much. It simply does not look like you have wrote. It's weird noone else have experienced no-moving lines for all day long. I'd say you are exaggerating.

When there is noone in the line they are waiting for few more guests like any other park.

In fact I have not seen anyone including other RC bloggers/influences (call it how you want) complaining about operations in Energylandia that much. It simply does not look like you have wrote. It's weird noone else have experienced no-moving lines for all day long. I'd say you are exaggerating.

I am not going to tolerate someone telling me I am "lying" simply for reporting my experience at a park. Banned from our page. Take your stupid drama and agenda someplace else. It is not welcome here.

I visited this park last year. I enjoyed by visit, but I definitely agree with some of the criticisms.

I really liked Hyperion. It had a bit of a rattle in the outside seats, but I've definitely ridden worse. (It was nowhere near as rough as Furius Baco). However, that was also opening year. It might have gotten worse since then.

I visited on a Saturday, so the park was packed. Thankfully, operations were actually quite descent on my visit. All coasters were running the maximum number of trains, and dispatches were not too bad. It is possible that the operators did not bring their "A" game because the park was less crowded, resulting in a more frustrating day. (I've seen that happen at other parks quite a few times).

However, the aesthetics of the park are quite bad to say the least. There are some nice-looking areas, but other areas look like Six Flags America. The theming is also random to some rides, having rides with wildly different themes right next to each other. It reminded me a bit of Hansa Park. Hansa Park is the nicer of the two parks, but I also don't really like that park because it has some of the same problems.

I also found the ride selection to be lackluster. I loved Hyperion, and I liked their Vekoma launch coaster. Besides those two, the third-best coaster was the family inverted coaster. That is not good in a park with a large number of coasters. I would imagine that Zadra helps give the lineup a boost.

I might go back to this park one day. I wouldn't say this park is worth making a trip for in and of itself, but I do like the city of Krakow. It is a beautiful city, and an absolute must-visit if you are a WWII history nerd.

It is not exaggeration. I was there that day and the two people I was hanging out explored the park ourselves. Maybe it was just a bad day for the park, but if there was a line for a coaster most of them moved slowly, I think Formula was the only one that was acceptable. I had the similar experiences with Hyperion and the SLC. At one point the group I was with left the park to take pictures of Hyperion and we were getting bored waiting for trains to dispatch. To add to Robb's experiences that day. Boomerang had 5-6 minutes between the train stopping and the next dispatch. The shooting dark ride has no ride ops. People were confused about boarding the cars and just standing there on the platform waiting for direction.

On the positive side, food service was very fast.

Edited by larrygator

On the positive side, food service was very fast.

...if you got there early or during a non-peak time. We were smart and went before and after the lunch rushes. But OMG. During that peak time... it was some of the worst operations I had seen at a restaurant making "quick service" be exactly the opposite.

Case in point, the restaurant we ate at, it took us about 10 minutes to get our food and there was only one person in front of us. By the time we got our food, the line was out the door, and we were in the restaurant a good 30 minutes and the people at the end of the line still had not ordered yet when we left.

It is possible that the operators did not bring their "A" game because the park was less crowded, resulting in a more frustrating day. (I've seen that happen at other parks quite a few times).

I would say that if the park was not crowded, I would agree. If all the coasters were a walk-on with no wait, sure I can understand. But just about every single coaster had a full queue. No one seemed to be in a hurry at all. In fact, here's another story I forgot about....

Let me first give you a visual....

882497982_shittyoperationsatashittypark.thumb.jpg.34b2fed481a919446f59e1e2290c6495.jpg

So the dude on the right was too tall to ride the coaster and was arguing with the ride ops about it. Instead of taking the dude off to the side and dispatching the train, the ride ops decided to call a manager over. Note the two ride ops LEANING OVER THE COUNTER just sitting there... doing nothing... waiting for said manager. It was like this for about 4 or 5 minutes while the rest of the train was boarded, locked down and ready to go.

The manager came over, told the guy he couldn't ride and then finally escorted him out of the station.

This is the kind of bullshit crappy operations I'm talking about. At no point was ANYONE in any hurry to dispatch that train and none of the employees gave a shit at all. And I'm not "making up" any of this, nor am I exaggerating. I am reporting my EXACT EXPERIENCE from my day.... and it totally sucked.

Oh, and also note the side bins large enough to even hold a decent sized bag that are not being used because you are forced to put everything into a locker that you have to PAY for. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Edited by robbalvey

^^ And I'm sure you weren't the only one on those trains, looking over at the un-used bins, with slide doors,

wondering why-tf they paid for a bin, before boarding, etc. Sad.

In my opinion the turnstile countdown system worked well enough, but there was never any room for people to step aside to allow a smaller group ahead of them. The turnstiles are also awkwardly placed, like right at the tops of stairs. At Hyperion, it was also very confusing because they use two queues for "group 3" which is the rest of the train, and let ten people through on each queue. Then you get to the top and the doors open and everyone just cuts in front of each other anyway. Pulsing single riders like that (group 2?) without a real human grouper also pretty much ensures that every train will leave with a few empty seats.

As for having bad luck - when you're on a trip and a park has a single day to make an impression on you, that impression sticks. They had one train on Hyperion and one train on Mayan, but they did have two on Formula. Mayan's wait time was significantly long and they actually ran two trains on it in the earlier morning only to drop to one in the later morning for what appeared to be no apparent reason. By the end of the day Hyperion's wait time was also very long, long enough that our group had to turn around at the turnstiles and exit because things just didn't appear to be moving.

And as for the lockers? I'm completely fine with paying for one for my backpack (that's how things are here at SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa) but to force guests to pay to store their small items like hats, mobile phones, etc is (in my opinion) unacceptable in a 2019 theme park, especially when that other park in Poland lets you drop any item on the platform regardless of size.