TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'll return to Poland in like 10 years to ride this and whatever other crazy coasters they've added but I'm in no rush to get back to Energylandia. It's the most haphazardly designed theme/amusement park I've ever been to with random rides and themes plopped right next to each other and 90% of the park looks cheap. Hyperion is pretty good but not the OMFG amazing ride it makes itself out to be and 7 out of the current 14 (soon to be 15) coasters Energylandia has are kiddie coasters so keep that in mind before planning a visit here. The SLC was my third favorite coaster there so that gives you an idea how good the lineup is. Zadra does look amazing and I'm sad I missed it by less than a month because I have something to tempt me to return to Energylandia.

Great shots! I particularly love the US flag in the last shot even though this is in Poland.

They put up that flag while we were there. I think they also put up a Poland flag right behind shortly after this picture was taken.

• 2 weeks later...

Energylandia have released a POV video of Zadra, which looks AMAZING... but....

the park has chosen to call this a "Wooden" roller coaster and take the claim of the #1 wooden roller coaster. What do YOU all think? Should this 100% steel-tracked ride be considered a "wooden" roller coaster? Not even Six Flags, who came up with the "combined speed of these two trains on the track" fake marketing have tried to claim that their wood structure/steel tracked RMC coasters are 100% "woodies."

Just one more thing I don't like about this park...

Here's the POV video. Ride looks good!

I don't really get this move. Even if you would WANT to try making an argument about how RMC has blurred the lines a bit with what qualifies as a wooden coaster, there is a clear-cut difference between the assembly styles of their wooden coasters and I-Boxes like Zadra.

SDC_014.jpg

It's also not like there isn't like there isn't already a standard practice established from well over a dozen RMC coasters already in operation on which this park could base its marketing. Ride does look amazing, though.

Energylandia have released a POV video of Zadra, which looks AMAZING... but....

the park has chosen to call this a "Wooden" roller coaster and take the claim of the #1 wooden roller coaster. What do YOU all think? Should this 100% steel-tracked ride be considered a "wooden" roller coaster? Not even Six Flags, who came up with the "combined speed of these two trains on the track" fake marketing have tried to claim that their wood structure/steel tracked RMC coasters are 100% "woodies."

Just one more thing I don't like about this park...

Here's the POV video. Ride looks good!

I'm curious what your overall opinion on the park was. With all the new additions it seemed like a park to travel for but it seems a lot of the TPR members who visited had mixed feelings. It's quite out of the way for people to get to as well so reviews aren't too common.

They may be using "#1" in their marketing with regard to the ride's records... tallest, fastest, etc hybrid and / or wooden coaster.

It does look pretty phenomenal, and congrats to the park for persevering and getting it done even after the collapse. It's a huge accomplishment and they're obviously proud of it! However, it won't get me back to Energylandia on its own.

I've been reading some comments about Zadra possibly being the best roller coaster in Europe. What is generally accepted as the best in Europe right now, anyway? Wildfire? Expedition GeForce? Helix? I haven't been on Expedition GeForce but Zadra does at least look like it's on the same level as Wildfire, at least, and perhaps a little bit better than Helix. You can't beat Wildfire's setting though which would give it the edge for me over Zadra...

Just so our stance is clear, Zadra will be listed as a steel coaster on future TPR Coaster Polls, much like the other Rocky Mountain I-Box installations.

The claim on #1 woodie bothers me a bit more than it should. I used to think 6F was pushing it with their records but I can see Goliath still being a woodie, no problem. This is definitely hybrid though (or, if pushed, just totally steel). The ride looks FANTASTIC, though! I'm surprised it takes all the elements so fast.

I've been reading some comments about Zadra possibly being the best roller coaster in Europe. What is generally accepted as the best in Europe right now, anyway? Wildfire? Expedition GeForce? Helix? I haven't been on Expedition GeForce but Zadra does at least look like it's on the same level as Wildfire, at least, and perhaps a little bit better than Helix. You can't beat Wildfire's setting though which would give it the edge for me over Zadra...

I've ridden all 3 but my guess it's all about opinion. I mean all three are different rides, wildfire is a fast coaster, GeForce is an Airtime coaster and Helix is a looping, launch coaster.

But Zadra looks to be a nice competition for Wildfire, it really seems to fly through the elements. I'm heavily conflicted about a visit in the near future, I mean Hyperion and now this, those rides look so great.

I think it's just a testament to how amazing the main coasters of Europe are. I'd honestly have no trouble naming a ton that are on my bucket list that everyone seems to love, and that weren't even named here... Shambhala, Colossus, Nemesis, Balder, Goliath, Taron, Icon, Troy... good Lord, I need to travel more.

I think this looks like a great coaster, and obviously any RMC is going to be an awesome, world class coaster! But I was a bit underwhelmed by the POV, honestly, after all the anticipation for it, and based on views from off-ride. Not that it doesn't look intense, or exciting, because obviously it does! I love the stall, and the giant airtime hill and relentless speed are the highlights of it to me personally! But I'm not as into rapid, twisty transitions as I know a lot of enthusiasts are, so that could be why it was underwhelming to me. It certainly looks like the best RMC for that! It still looks awesome though, and I hope someday to be able to go over there, and check the park and this beast out!

As for it being called a wooden coaster... I mean, I get that it's all marketing, and they can market it to the locals however they want, and that's their target audience. Still, it's kind of hilarious, in a "shots fired!" sort of way!

I'm curious what your overall opinion on the park was.

Not good. I'll elaborate later but...

This is the place that charged us $2,000 to film on their coasters from 9am - 10am, and we didn't actually start filming until closer to 9:30am due to their lack of proper scheduling, which also included them handing us gift bags (thank you) but then immediately telling us we had to PAY to put them in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo before we would even be allowed to go into the coaster station, which ate into our paid filming time even more.

That was the very start of the our day, and with one-train operations on most coasters and lackluster staff everywhere in a park that looked like something straight out of those cheaply made China parks, let's just say it's not a park that I feel the need to go back to anytime soon, even with a giant new RMC.

And as for the RMC itself... Trust me, I love them all and they are some of my all-time favorite coasters... BUT...

I'm starting to think that many of them feel very much like each other. That's not exactly a bad thing because I'd much rather be on a similar feeling INSANE OMFG RMC than a "feeling the same" lackluster B&M.

I watched the POV of this ride and it looks great... but do I really *NEED* to make another trip back out to Poland to ride it? I think I'll wait until this park gets 7 more coasters (that will be in two years) or Legendia gets something new because I'd rather go back to that park anyway...

I THOUGHT it was pretty well established what makes a ride wooden or steel, and on top of that every RMC like this is considered steel, or hybrid at the least (but it should be steel) Pretty clear petty record grab.

BUT ofc the ride is what matters in the end and it looks sick. Deff one of the better looking RMCs. Not just its size but I like the layout, lot of whippy-ness, good flow etc

It seems a bit less samey, (to Robb's point RMCs are becoming prolific enough they are becoming less standout) the speed is good, airtime will be insane. I have to imagine it will compete for #1 in Europe, because yes even the increasingly samey RMCs are better than most anything else