Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

P. 212 - Camp Snoopy Coming in 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:00 am

Introducing Camp Snoopy - Coming Spring 2020
Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 11.00.06 AM.png

Michigan’s Adventure will debut its new Peanuts® themed kids’ area, Camp Snoopy, for Spring of 2020. Camp Snoopy will feature five family rides, including a family-friendly roller coaster and beautiful natural landscaping with plenty of shaded seating and pathways that offer something to explore around every corner.

Camp Snoopy will feature five new rides aimed to please families with kids from toddlers to tweens:

Woodstock Express: Little thrill seekers can join parents and grandparents on this family roller coaster with plenty of ups and downs, just like the flight of Snoopy’s best bird buddy.

Beagle Scout Lookout: Adventurers will board a version of a colorful hot air balloon and float high in the sky.

Mud Buggies: Kids will climb aboard their very own all-terrain vehicle for a bouncy ride.

Camp Bus: This fun family ride takes passengers soaring up and down and all around on a wacky bus with Snoopy in the drivers’ seat.

Trail Blazers: Riders will buckle in and zoom around a track, like an off-road expedition.

In addition, the new Beagle Scout Acres will feature a large climb-and-play structure with lots of interactive features and things to climb.

More info on the official website: https://www.miadventure.com/explore/camp-snoopy
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:09 am.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:02 am

codeGR wrote:Camp Snoopy it is. https://www.miadventure.com/explore/camp-snoopy

In the future, please don't make crappy posts like this. Just posting a link offers nothing to the group. The above post took me 90 seconds to make, and that is how we prefer announcement posts to look.

If all you are capable of doing is posting a link to the forum, don't post to our forum.

Have I made myself clear?
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:20 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:10 am

I'll bet anything that the new coaster is Big Dipper, but I hope I'm wrong since I want to watch all of the whores drive to middle-of-nowhere Michigan to ride a kiddy coaster.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby WolfBobs » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:11 am

This is an awesome addition to MiA and really really needed. I'm glad they're getting some love and it looks like families, their bread and butter will love this! Super happy for MiA.

Now maybe a nice small Infinity coaster like Tantrum can make it's way here!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:12 am

coasterbill wrote:I'll bet anything that the new coaster is Big Dipper, but I hope I'm wrong since I want to watch all of the whores drive to middle-of-nowhere Michigan to ride a kiddy coaster.

The layout looks like it lol.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:41 am

RCDB says its a Zamperla if that has any truth to it while Big Dipper is a chance big dipper
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:49 am

People act like RCDB is some kind of big, be all and end all authority on coasters and I'll never understand why.

They probably posted that because there's a picture of a Zamperla on the website but they could have easily just posted that because the train says "Woodstock Express" on it.

Untitled.jpg

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:01 pm

I see some nice benches in the artwork. Well deserved!

All kidding aside, I remember the park being filled with families when I visited a few years ago so this should be a hit.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:15 pm

I'm scratching the old noggin', too on if that's a brand new coaster (not that it really matters)... they say 5 NEW rides.. so that might be a Zamperla package. And who knows... Big Dipper may be getting retired soon... you never know.

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:30 pm

Awesome! Nice to see some real investment at the park, and this was really needed, honestly. I look forward to taking my youngest there next year to check it out!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!