TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

There’s no doubt in my mind that next year’s addition will be one of two things. Either a consolidated children’s area finally themed to Snoopy. Or a throw back antique auto ride like King’s Island received last year (Mutley’s Putt Putts 2.0?). I’ll also add that this removal wouldn’t be happening this early if nothing was being added for 2020.

Not entirely unsurprising as I was sure this is what it would be eventually (and more so once Be-Bop's closure was announced).

What does surprise me, however, was that they fit it in on Be-Bop's old site but then didn't include the other kid attractions around. I figured it was going in there so they could theme and tie all the existing attractions in with the new ones, but this does not appear to be the case.

And are they just moving Big Dipper in front of Zach's Zoomer to make it "Woodstock Express" or is it an entirely new coaster? It looks like they are bringing a different kiddie coaster in.

Bout time lol. Gonna totally change that area. Camp snoopy makes more sense then planet in this area of the state

One thing to note though is loops around back by drummer boy which is good that it connects to more kid rides. Sadly though no new indoor eatery

Looking at the drawing, that roller coaster layout looks just like Big Dipper. There are only 4 other kiddie rides outside the Camp Snoopy area not including Zach's Zoomer and Big Dipper....Speed Splashers, Mini Enterprise, Motorcylces and Kiddie Cars. Those 4 rides may be removed either next year or in the future. It's pretty cramped over there in that corner of the park and Big Dipper is kinda hidden away in there. So to me, it looks like no new coaster for MIA...But this is still a great addition and hopefully makes that area of the park look nicer and better put together.

Introducing Camp Snoopy - Coming Spring 2020

1857139542_ScreenShot2019-08-15at11_00_06AM.thumb.png.1a4d5beb2d14949948cbdd537f997aa2.png

Michigan’s Adventure will debut its new Peanuts® themed kids’ area, Camp Snoopy, for Spring of 2020. Camp Snoopy will feature five family rides, including a family-friendly roller coaster and beautiful natural landscaping with plenty of shaded seating and pathways that offer something to explore around every corner.

Camp Snoopy will feature five new rides aimed to please families with kids from toddlers to tweens:

Woodstock Express: Little thrill seekers can join parents and grandparents on this family roller coaster with plenty of ups and downs, just like the flight of Snoopy’s best bird buddy.

Beagle Scout Lookout: Adventurers will board a version of a colorful hot air balloon and float high in the sky.

Mud Buggies: Kids will climb aboard their very own all-terrain vehicle for a bouncy ride.

Camp Bus: This fun family ride takes passengers soaring up and down and all around on a wacky bus with Snoopy in the drivers’ seat.

Trail Blazers: Riders will buckle in and zoom around a track, like an off-road expedition.

In addition, the new Beagle Scout Acres will feature a large climb-and-play structure with lots of interactive features and things to climb.

More info on the official website: https://www.miadventure.com/explore/camp-snoopy

Edited by robbalvey

In the future, please don't make crappy posts like this. Just posting a link offers nothing to the group. The above post took me 90 seconds to make, and that is how we prefer announcement posts to look.

If all you are capable of doing is posting a link to the forum, don't post to our forum.

Have I made myself clear?

Edited by robbalvey

This is an awesome addition to MiA and really really needed. I'm glad they're getting some love and it looks like families, their bread and butter will love this! Super happy for MiA.

Now maybe a nice small Infinity coaster like Tantrum can make it's way here!

People act like RCDB is some kind of big, be all and end all authority on coasters and I'll never understand why.

They probably posted that because there's a picture of a Zamperla on the website but they could have easily just posted that because the train says "Woodstock Express" on it.

Untitled.jpg.ec35487ab27bb63204f7d44ddc4028f4.jpg

I'm scratching the old noggin', too on if that's a brand new coaster (not that it really matters)... they say 5 NEW rides.. so that might be a Zamperla package. And who knows... Big Dipper may be getting retired soon... you never know.

I was at the park tonight and spoke with one of the higher-ups. They said that the new coaster is a "conversion" of Big Dipper. I assume this means it will be moved, painted, and possibly get new trains. I'm still glad to see some investment in the park, and I think that Camp Snoopy makes a lot of sense for the type of park it is.

I was at the park tonight and spoke with one of the higher-ups. They said that the new coaster is a "conversion" of Big Dipper. I assume this means it will be moved, painted, and possibly get new trains.

I'm sorry, this is just funny. Better luck next time with that new credit, guys.

• 4 weeks later...

I attended this park on it's final day of the season. Being a pass holder I got to see them rip up be bop real quick over a couple weeks. All the cement, track station and stairs are gone

20190908_152032.thumb.jpg.2535fc1c812bd7764b5225c7f138d266.jpg

Gonna change the look of area

20190908_152108.thumb.jpg.f1c9c6511e71777368db5e238d30494a.jpg

I'm curious if they are going to remove drummer boy or winki the whale since concept art shows it looping to that midway

20190908_152105.thumb.jpg.6497578fac3681c83529fd7a7cfe7ea1.jpg

real question is what are they doing with big dippers current spot right at the entrance

20190908_152130.thumb.jpg.e00241dced74b1cca5bfd3dd0e7f6be1.jpg