TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Just checked it out on youtube. Looks like a fantastic addition to the waterpark! Awesome theme, colors and such a cool concept.

Now.. Cedar Point, it's time for CPS to get a water coaster!

It's time for Cedar Fair to explore water coasters in general.....

THIS....LOOKS....AWESOME!! HW did a great job managing or even under promising on this one. When they said not on the same level as thunderbird, I was expecting something much much smaller. This however, is a very very very nice surprise. HW made a Facebook post now calling themselves the water coaster capital of the world.... I think that Italy certainly fits! This thing looks flat out FUN. They already have the two best at we coasters in the world... could this be #3?

As for the plans somewhere above that we’re suspected to replace the pilgrims plunge area... I still have a gut feeling those are real plans.... just not for this year. HW knows at least a couple years before hand what is coming next and they CERTAINLY plan out way in advanced for that. Those plans just fit that area WAY too perfectly to not be real.

As for how the park was running for me on my recent visit I mentioned above - operations were FANTASTIC. The Voyage was running way way wayyyyyy better than the last time I rode it back in Thunderbirds launch year. It felt like it did the first year it opened. I was very impressed with The Voyage. I’m also crazy surprised Thunderbird hasn’t gotten way way way more accolades thus far. That has to be one of the “funnest” overall coasters I’ve been on (either wooden or steel)...and they have those operations running like the fine tuned machine it is. The ride ops really really know what they are doing there.

The park itself was in EXCELLENT condition. I didn’t see one piece of trash on the ground the entire day... and I was there from open to close. The new Santa’s Merry Marketplace is AMAZING. I like how roomy it is compared to the old space. And while it’s all new, fresh, and clean, it still managed to throw back to the original in a very pleasing way to those of us that call this our home park and have been visiting since birth practically. The new way of ordering and serving food in there is VERY quick and efficient. Plymouth Cafe has been my go to favorite place to eat in the park since it was built... however Santa’s Merry Marketplace absolutely ties it now. Lots of variety in foods to choose from and it just been a very nice, roomy, and air conditioned place to hang out, coupled with its location at the top of those hills in Christmas and a very large variety of food choices, make it a clear stand out. The place just looks and feels remarkable.

All the ride ops were very fun and friendly. They all used the little scripts when dispatching the rides... but it was always done in a very real way... not like they were memorizing some script. Very very genuine delivery. And of course they were all very happy to chit chat it up as well. Also if you read my post from weeks ago, I was concerned about now being a bigger guy. I had no issues on any rides at all. I never felt subconscious about my weight gain at any point riding any ride at all.

I went on a Wednesday... on purpose... because I know how busy the park can get on the weekends.. so I can’t comment on waiting in lines really. The longest wait I had was for the Wildebeest... and I had to wait maybe 30 min. Max for that ride. That still seems to be the most popular ride in the entire park (both water and dry sides, which also makes this new addition make a lot of sense). None of the rides... read: ZERO we’re down.

For those of you complaining about recent issues at the park... they have no control over boil orders. When there is a boil order any park is going to struggle a bit. I find it amazing that HW was able to still hold to their promise of unlimited free drinks during this time. Yes it might have been a longer wait, yes it might have caused hiccups in places, BUT YOU ARE STILL GETTING IT FOR FREE even though the time and resources required to provide such a service greatly increased during the boil order. As to the crowds and capping entry numbers. One word - NO. I’ve been on their busiest days of the year. Yes lines can get long.... however if you just follow the tips on their website the park becomes very manageable even during its busiest days. They are constantly adding capacity in various ways ( not just in adding rides). Heck I remember before the re did the Splashin Safari entry plaza and added the new lockers... that area became a nightmare on busy days... those days are no longer. As the park continues the grow they continue to expand capacity and make operations more efficient every year.

Build advisories, ride breakdowns, and rough days can’t be changed or controlled.... they just happen no matter what. The park focuses rightly on what they CAN control, not what they can’t. HW + SS is STILL and ALWAYS will be #1 for family fun for me, but I actually see their operations IMPROVING drastically from year to year rather on staying stagnant or decreasing. Give them some credit, they deserve it for sure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely put me in the category of somebody who is super excited about this addition to Holiday World! Splashin' Safari was already my favorite water park due to their existing water coasters, so this just makes it even more amazing! I guess I won't say more here until it's "TPR Official", but I'm definitely pumped for going on this when I'm there again for Holliwood Nights with my kids next year!

Holiday World has announced their new launched racing slides attraction called Cheetah Chase, opening in 2020! Check out all of the exciting details about this new addition below!

https://www.holidayworld.com/rides/cheetah-chase/

Cheetah-Chase-Header-2000x1600.thumb.jpg.3dce29e4354ec2a28b6c0e8adbf3e636.jpg

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]
Who will be the fastest? Race against your family and friends on the world’s first launched water coaster!

Holiday World’s third water coaster will feature two ProSlide RocketBLAST®-powered racing slides totaling more than 1700 feet of track. Riders will experience a water-powered flat launch before racing against their families toward the finish line.

The ride features the first-ever head-to-head dueling zone on a water coaster, as well as two other RallyPOINTS™ where rafts will synchronize with one another. Each side also features two FlyingSAUCER® elements—which create “a faster and tighter ride with stronger g-forces,” as well as “maximum curving speed and centrifugal force,” according to the manufacturer, ProSlide.

Ride Facts

Height limit: 42” to ride with a supervising companion; 48” to ride alone

Type: RocketBLAST water coaster

Opening: 2020

Length: Left: 851, Right 852 (Total 1,703 feet)

Highest BLAST: 27 feet

RocketBLAST sections: 5

Top Speed: 30 feet/second

Boats: Three-person toboggan-style with seatbacks

Designer: ProSlide Technology Inc., Ontario, Canada

Tips For Your Visit

• Cheetah Chase does not have any slide-tower stairs, so it’s accessible to folks who have difficulty with stairs.
  • Is air-time only for roller coasters? Ha! Ride Cheetah Chase for that tickle-your-tummy feeling on a water coaster!
  • Cheetah Chase is Holiday World’s third water Coaster. Check out Mammoth and Wildebeest, the world’s two longest water coasters, while you’re visiting Splashin’ Safari.
  • There’s no time to admire the scenery once you leave the station: Cheetah Chase is the world’s first launched water coaster!
  • This attraction is not recommended for Guests who have high blood pressure, back or neck condition, recent surgery, injury, or illness, are pregnant, prone to motion sickness or dizziness, heart condition, or a fear of heights.
  • Guests wearing neck braces, full arm casts that cover the elbow, or full leg casts that cover the knee may not ride.

Cheetah-Chase-01.thumb.jpg.d86f09e1c18da5b38f328314ceff842d.jpg

Cheetah-Chase-02.thumb.jpg.3b2ef97d2fbe3c96b8bc1c7cc6a69b29.jpg

Cheetah-Chase-03.thumb.jpg.09254aa0eef3b70f6dc23cbf371b4d76.jpg

Cheetah-Chase-04.thumb.jpg.3010dc54409b8bbc2456da373ea1f472.jpg

Cheetah-Chase-05.thumb.jpg.addeac6c1fffa70719f9f327a475bb13.jpg

Cheetah-Chase-06.thumb.jpg.11b1208493da6221bec034d199f26bb9.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

Just checked it out on youtube. Looks like a fantastic addition to the waterpark! Awesome theme, colors and such a cool concept.

Now.. Cedar Point, it's time for CPS to get a water coaster!

It's time for Cedar Fair to explore water coasters in general.....

Oh but they have! They already have one in their chain of properties . . .

As for the plans somewhere above that we’re suspected to replace the pilgrims plunge area... I still have a gut feeling those are real plans.... just not for this year. HW knows at least a couple years before hand what is coming next and they CERTAINLY plan out way in advanced for that. Those plans just fit that area WAY too perfectly to not be real.

That coaster wouldn't fit with Cheetah Chase there, at least not the helix around Kima Bay. I'm guessing those blueprints were an old ride proposal leaked for fun, or just an enthusiast with too much time on their hands trying to stir up some rumors. I'm still very confused as to why Pilgrim Plunge's spot is still sitting there being an eyesore, but I'm sure HW has plans for it at some point.

Cheetah Chase looks like a ton of fun. I love Wildebeest and this looks just as awesome. Hopefully I'll make it back to HW in 2020.

Any idea what the expected capacity is on the new slide combo? I fear it will be putrid.

I would think the capacity would be higher than Wildebeest. Shorter length and basically two slides instead of one.

The rafts seat one less person than Wildebeest, however it gonna be loaded six at a time as there appears to be no separate lines for both sides. With that said, it could be more similar to Mammoth's capacity depending on how many rafts they're able to run at once. Getting on this thing next year is going to be horrible as Mammoth and Wildebeest both pulled at least 1 hour and 45 min waits during their opening seasons at the peak. The good news is that once the newness wears off, the lines for each water coaster should balance out quite nicely in a couple of years unless attendance skyrockets.

Definitely digging the Dreamcast-era graphics on the trailer LOL.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking along those lines.

Let's be honest though, so long as they are putting money into the park and attractions I don't care what the announcement graphics look like.

Any idea what the expected capacity is on the new slide combo? I fear it will be putrid.

I would think the capacity would be higher than Wildebeest. Shorter length and basically two slides instead of one.

The rafts seat one less person than Wildebeest, however it gonna be loaded six at a time as there appears to be no separate lines for both sides. With that said, it could be more similar to Mammoth's capacity depending on how many rafts they're able to run at once. Getting on this thing next year is going to be horrible as Mammoth and Wildebeest both pulled at least 1 hour and 45 min waits during their opening seasons at the peak. The good news is that once the newness wears off, the lines for each water coaster should balance out quite nicely in a couple of years unless attendance skyrockets.

Yeah thats to be expected. I hope with that kind of wait the queue is more shaded than it appears to be in the preview!