TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^ Correct. Teasers do nothing for me either. All I want to know is who the manufacturer is and what type of coaster it is going to be. I like when people find construction permits or plans so we can just cut to the chase without the teaser hype.

Well, modern announcements have two elements, surprise and fear. And ruthless efficiency. Three elements. And an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.

Amongst park announcements are such diverse elements as surprise, fear, ruthless efficiency....I'll start again.

Surprised to see no new activity on here. In fact, it’s almost like it’s The End of the World as We Know It.

Probably because teasers aren't really meant for enthusiasts as they're the only ones nerdy enough to go to city hall once a week and look for blueprints and permit filings. So by the time they start, especially at a park like KI that has to submit all that stuff to the local government there's no surprise.

So why work yourself up? I just wanna know the announcement date.

Teasers are meant for the average daily visitor to learn something new is coming and invest in a new season pass. That's all. Most enthusiasts still can't comprehend that parks don't revolve around them. They're ads.

Well, modern announcements have two elements, surprise and fear. And ruthless efficiency. Three elements. And an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.

Amongst park announcements are such diverse elements as surprise, fear, ruthless efficiency....I'll start again.

Spanish Inquisition: The Ride

might be popular with those who like "Haunt"

Personally I think teasers are fun, even when we know exactly what's coming, as in the situation were in right now. As to why I was disappointed/surprised at them not having teasers earlier (and it was starting to seem like there was not going to be any at all), is because this is KI after all. They always deliver on kind of stuff. If this was some other park not known for teasing big new coasters then yeah I wouldn't be surprised, but because KI's precedent of pulling off teaser campaigns incredibly well naturally I had high expectations for them in this realm.

That having said, they are now exceeding my expectations. These posters, while filled with mostly irrelevant/purposefully diverting info on them (as typical teasers are), they're still cool to look at imo.

67152110_2279054759026975_1950867544202018816_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQnHGULG8aOQgfyJfApEcUFdVpYuVCIhIwETWnaMV2BmG07igkvA4zPbg2JxxP8uRXqGBzEQAiqn3M93aM8pjdLW&_nc_ht=scontent.fluk1-1.fna&oh=440668a7839c7ae8f6c878bafe8024fb&oe=5DDF4053

T E O F T W _ _ KI

In fact, it’s almost like it’s The End of the World as We Know It.

lol. I see what you did there

Okay, I'm liking this petition thing so far. Very clever! Over 1300 signatures so far.

I know we basically know a lot about this project already but I still find teaser campaigns fun and amusing. I mean, if the park can run an effective teaser campaign for a ride after it was already announced with a ride video, layout, and everything, then who's to say they shouldn't or couldn't run a teaser campaign for a ride that's yet to be announced even though there have been "leaks"?

I wonder how difficult it would be for a B&M to pull off a dive coaster with a barrel roll twist thing like Ka/Dragster?

Either the coaster would have to be extremely tall (like KK or TTD) or have a really fast twist which would result in high forces, especially given how wide dive coaster trains are (and I kind of doubt B&M would do that).