Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1814 - Orion Giga Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby southpuddle » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:04 am

All I’m saying is that if everyone and their grandma (literally based on this thread) already knows exactly what is coming to Kings Island next year because all of the details were discovered (“snooping” or not), I wouldn’t be shocked or disappointed if they decide not to do your precious teaser campaign and focus that energy and money elsewhere.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:47 pm

Part of me wonders if there weren't already subtle easter eggs or "teasers" (maybe those Christmas posters that were on the walls by Flight of Fear during WinterFest?) that people just missed or wrote off, and the park just said, "Eh, maybe they'll make the connection eventually."

I do kind of hope whatever announcement is coming in August will be less of a full announcement and more of a confirming some of what we already know (e.g. giga coaster is coming) leading to the start of a teaser campaign and a slow roll-out of information.

But they could also do literally no teasers at all (as already mentioned) and people will still know about it and come in droves anyway. And in the end we'll still like the coaster just the same.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:02 pm

southpuddle wrote:All I’m saying is that if everyone and their grandma (literally based on this thread) already knows exactly what is coming to Kings Island next year because all of the details were discovered (“snooping” or not), I wouldn’t be shocked or disappointed if they decide not to do your precious teaser campaign and focus that energy and money elsewhere.

Apparently for Kings Island the best teaser is to start clearing land. Enthusiasts then go crazy over the stuff you were going to do anyway--file copyrights for names and blueprints with the government. They figure it out and suddenly the news and everyone is going crazy. In one sense, we could see this as the most cost-effective teaser the park has ever done!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Intamin_coyote » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:27 pm

At long last, we have teasers! (Or...something, at least)

Credit - KICentral member Enchanted Voyage Lover

Some things of note...

-20 would be the years that Invertigo/Face/Off has been at the park.

-11 the years FH spent at the park

- The color spectrum on the Firehawk poster represents the colors X-Flight had (green, navy blue), and the red and grey obviously being Firehawk's colors

Other than that, I don't think there's really much here to decipher (nor that really needs deciphering). My guess is that in the days/weeks to come they will put out a sign for each coaster at the park one at a time. Similiar to CP en route to Steel Vengeance announcement
Last edited by Intamin_coyote on Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:36 pm.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:45 pm

Dear god are people over there insane.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby RaceBoarder » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Mike240SX wrote:Dear god are people over there insane.

TPR does a pretty good job of keeping the most "enthusiastic" enthusiasts away and we're all fine with that :lmao:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:10 am

Finally rode Diamondback, Banshee and Mystic Timbers. Diamondback was great, fast and fun. Banshee was good, but both times I rode it I came off nauseous and Mystic Timbers was fun.
Last edited by ratdogg68 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:14 pm.
Let the Riding begin

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby fyrfyter33 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:08 am

Intamin_coyote wrote:At long last, we have teasers! (Or...something, at least)

Credit - KICentral member Enchanted Voyage Lover

Some things of note...

-20 would be the years that Invertigo/Face/Off has been at the park.

-11 the years FH spent at the park

- The color spectrum on the Firehawk poster represents the colors X-Flight had (green, navy blue), and the red and grey obviously being Firehawk's colors

Other than that, I don't think there's really much here to decipher (nor that really needs deciphering). My guess is that in the days/weeks to come they will put out a sign for each coaster at the park one at a time. Similiar to CP en route to Steel Vengeance announcement

Not sure I agree... why is there an ECG 12-Lead for a coaster that is dead?

Also, why does it say 11 AZ? Firehawk wasn’t in Action Zone area of the park like Invertigo is- It was in X-base.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:59 am

You wanted your silly teasers, there you have them.

Not like we don’t already know exactly what’s coming.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:55 pm

Well there we go! I haven't been to the park for a few weeks, but I'm liking the posters so far. It also reminds me of what CGA did prior to Railblazer being announced. I guess there's now a Flight of Fear poster too? And it looks like that one has a "0," so I'm guessing whoever said the posters will end up spelling "Kings Island 2020" is probably right.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!