TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europa Park Discussion Thread

Okay, great. I just didn't want you to have wrong expectations and a bad experience because of that!

Have fun!Europa Park is great! Even more if you have plenty of time. Make sure to give all the small rides a shot. Even the normal travel fair rides liek the ones in the spanish area are better then you'd think.

Will do! As much as I love coasters, I don't really need to ride like I used to. Taking in the smaller rides, atmosphere and all that is just as important. We have two full days at the park, looking forward to checking out as much as we can!

• 1 month later...

Thanks! I got a Kronen Pils (never had it before), it's ok. Best beer is probably outside the park at Gasthaus zum oschen. Their local pils is fantastic as is their local German/Austrian food.

Ok,can we now talk about Wodan and Silver Star...

How is Wodan so highly rated? I rode it in the morning near the front and last row in the evening. There's no airtime... not figuratively, it literally has zero airtime... sure, its fast. Great...

Now about Silver Star. This IMO is easily the best coaster in the park. I got 6 rides in the last row. Loaded with airtime (even not bad for B&M airtime), forceful throughout. Might be my new favorite B&M hyper. I get Bluefire has a launch and is new and Euromir is unique and fun, but how those get into top 50 steel rankings and not Silver Star baffles me.

The park ops was as spectacular as I've heard.

How is Wodan so highly rated? I rode it in the morning near the front and last row in the evening. There's no airtime... not figuratively, it literally has zero airtime... sure, its fast. Great...

Now about Silver Star. This IMO is easily the best coaster in the park. I got 6 rides in the last row. Loaded with airtime (even not bad for B&M airtime), forceful throughout. Might be my new favorite B&M hyper. I get Bluefire has a launch and is new and Euromir is unique and fun, but how those get into top 50 steel rankings and not Silver Star baffles me.

You do realize that airtime is not proportionate to how well liked a ride may be? Wodan is great fun. Not sure what you rode, but I flew out of my seat during the ride multiple times. Typical GCI goodness.

I also really enjoyed Silver Star. Better than I expected it to be, honestly. It was running really great when there.

Thanks! I got a Kronen Pils (never had it before), it's ok. Best beer is probably outside the park at Gasthaus zum oschen. Their local pils is fantastic as is their local German/Austrian food.

Ok,can we now talk about Wodan and Silver Star...

In 2017, I found Wodan good up front with several pops of air, but it was bumpy elsewhere in the train. Ultimately I thought it was similar to Thunderhead.

This spring, around Easter, Wodan was on both days we were there butter smooth (as a fully loaded, 60 mp/h wooden coaster can be), Silver Star wasn't smooth in any meaning.

It was inclredible hot. Both were hauling A$$ and Wodan was just great in the back row. I had some relentless rides with damn noticable airtime on the drop, the pop into the fly through and the section after the Atlantica turnaround.

Silver Star hat bad rattles, especially in the first drop, on minimum two trains. Airtime and speed was OK. Perhaps the wheels were worn out, because later reviews didn't state a rattle.

Silver Star hat bad rattles, especially in the first drop, on minimum two trains. Airtime and speed was OK. Perhaps the wheels were worn out, because later reviews didn't state a rattle.

There was definitely some rattle on Silver Star, but that doesn't phase me. The airtime was pretty good, and that was after riding Expedition Gforce a whole bunch the day before, so the bar was high, lol.

I dont mean to rip Bluefire, it is quite fun and really good, just wonder why so many look past Silver Star. Then again I'm all about the airtime and blackout G-forces.

I enjoy Wodan a lot for its sprawl and interaction with the surrounding environment. That said, it was my least favorite of the three European GCIs I've been on. Troy was superior and I liked Joris en de Draak better too.

Fortunately, Europa is a place where my enjoyment of the park and its rides is not limited to how well the coasters stack up against their peers.

There was definitely some rattle on Silver Star, but that doesn't phase me. The airtime was pretty good, and that was after riding Expedition Gforce a whole bunch the day before, so the bar was high, lol.

I dont mean to rip Bluefire, it is quite fun and really good, just wonder why so many look past Silver Star. Then again I'm all about the airtime and blackout G-forces.

Yeah, I truly don't dislike Silver Star in general. And normally I have not troubles with rattling. But, really, all our rides in April were nearly unbearable (for us). I pretty sure that other reviewers here would have stated that also, if it would have still been there. So I think it was something mechanical that could be solved. Maybe we should heve given it a try on the next evening.

It's great for you that you found a coaster that had noticeable airtime after you rode GeForce and I know how Silver Star can run if the temperatures are good and the trains are full!

Hi guys, so Ive been staying in Biesheim for a few days (tomorrow is the last full day) and somehow I noticed that Europa Park is within 30 minutes.

I will have half day free (probably afternoon) and I'm thinking of visiting.

Can I ask for a quick and dirty guide to the park please - due to limited time, I'd go for the best roller coasters, preferably with skip the line pass if not too expensive.

And any tips and comments regarding operations, rules with bags/loose articles like spectacles and whether I'll manage without much German (at least I was a bit prepared for Parc Asterix but this one is literally the last minute)

cheers and thanks in advance.

^No skip the line passes offered.

Choose the coasters that interest you. Really most people go to the park for the actual PARK more than the rides as it's just such an amazing resort. They're very good language wise and you won't have a problem.

ok thanks.

are the VR coasters any good? I've tried a few at Six Flags in 2016 - it's not much of an attraction to me as I'm practically blind without glasses so the focus is usually out and blurry.

Do you think the following will tick the roller coaster boxes:

blue fire

euro mir

euro sat

silver star

alpenexpress

wodan

recommendations to the best seat?

thanks so much!

^I'm sure you will get to do all of those during your stay without problems since mondays are usually not that crowded and operations are absolutely fantastic resulting in extremely fast moving lines. On Silver Star you should do back row as I find that row the best (And the wait for the front row is usually very long.) I would also say that Arthur and Voletarium is must-do rides. (Voletarium have fast pass actually, works the same way as Disney, you scan your park ticket and get a return time )

Only half a day is a tough challenge, but you may squeeze in every major ride if you rush through the park.

Blue Fire, Silver Star, Wodan and Eurosat should be an absolute must.

Alpenexpress is just your next random powered coaster (with an exciting theming, though), so that might be the first to skip in your list.

Euro Mir can be hit or miss. If you do it, you should ride it once forward and once backwards. The spinning cycles are the same, so you just have to choose in the station.

I'd also give the Voletarium a shot. It's greatly themed. Same goes for Arthur (which I would highly recommend over Alpenexpress).

As Elissa said, Europa Park has no skip-the-line-passes (though they recently installed some for the members of the Junior Club, but you have to earn them with many rides at other things). But as almost all rides have Single Rider Lines, you'll be fine.

Also, almost all staff member will be speaking proper english. They have also name tag with the spoken languages on them.

ok just came back - spent only 3 hours and managed silver star, blue fire and wodan. silver star has a couple of nice air but doesnt really have the variety or change or directions or high G. blue fire was pretty good, went for the 1st row but the operator took away my glasses and ski goggles (lol I wear them so I can see and also I dont lose my glasses in case the ride is really high G - yes I get the funny looks every time, but this was the first time I got told to lose them. CP Maverick ops thought I had a camera hidden in them, but they came around in the end but I digress) so I really couldn't see but the ride itself was pretty good. Wodan surprised me as I didn't expect too much based from the the other two rides. The park is massive and I had a problem getting around and finding the rides. And I really couldn't handle the lack of the skip the line pass really as I'm so used to it now. Also single rider queue seemed to move very slowly - says it's used to fill odd empty seat but I don't know if that's how it works or they put a single rider in between the regular queue as well. in theory, the single rider line could stay stationary all day.

The speak good English so I needn't be worried. And the themes of the park seem quite well done. The speed of the operation, silver star was mind blowingly fast. blue fire was steadily moving, wodan I can't really comment as I was pretty frustrated stuck in the single rider line.

Will I visit again? Probably not, mainly because of the lack of skip pass and I think I can do better elsewhere in terms of quality rides. But I don't regret paying a visit.

Thanks all for the help.

Cheers.

That's too bad to hear that the day didn't go as well as planned. I can understand the single-rider frustration. I'm used to US parks where the single rider lines move quickly, however I think the reason they don't at Europa Park (same goes for Phantasialand) is the fact that a lot of the rides you are assigned seating and the crew is very good at filling empty seats that way. It's definitely more of a crap-shoot, especially on 2-per row rides.

• 5 weeks later...

I mean, it helps that they have a huge machine shop literally down the road from the park to build (most of) their rides. But yeah, definitely not the Six Flags method of "we don't need spares, just order a new one when this one breaks."

• 4 weeks later...

RWS Entertainment Group has sent us a press release detailing their upcoming audition tour in partnership with Europa Park!

RWS Entertainment Group (RWS), a full-service production company that creates award-winning custom entertainment, live events, and brand experiences worldwide, announced the launch of their upcoming audition tour in partnership with Germany’s largest amusement park, Europa-Park. The tour will span from Eastern Europe to New York City, as RWS seeks to procure dancers and character performers at the top of their craft for the park’s wide variety of live entertainment programming.

Auditions will be held in Moscow, Milan, Rome, London and New York City beginning September 23. Hired performers will be provided with complimentary housing, meals and the opportunity to take dance classes and German-language classes, among many other perks.

“We are more committed than ever to expanding our international presence as we continue our collaboration with Europa-Park to recruit the highest caliber of talent from around the world,” stated Ryan Stana, founder and CEO of RWS. “Using our global platform, we remain dedicated to delivering the cutting-edge entertainment and experiential offerings of our New York City creatives to a European audience.”

In addition to casting services, RWS also produces innovative new programming for Europa-Park, upholding the park’s status as a year round, one-of-a-kind getaway destination. Europa-Park is considered Europe’s best kept secret due to the high quality of entertainment it produces. RWS seeks to further translate this reputation throughout the international performing arts industry to further cement Europa-Park as a global destination for top performers.

The most recent show RWS developed for the park, JUNIOR CLUB Live! Klappe und Action!, utilizes song, dance and green screen technology to promote audience interaction as they work with the characters to recreate missing scenes from a movie. Guests are even given the opportunity to see the final film at the completion of every show.

Over 5.6 million people from all over the world visit each season to experience the excitement offered by more than one hundred attractions and shows at one of the world’s most beautiful theme parks. Located in the south-west German city, Rust, Europa-Park lies near the border of France and Switzerland. Therefore, many productions are performed in German, French and English, making the entertainment accessible to a wide audience. Europa-Park has elevated the standard for theme park offerings through their elegant European themed concept, dazzling seasonal decor and unforgettable experiences in the largest hotel resorts in Germany.

For more information about upcoming audition tour, please visit europapark-entertainment.de/.