TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Intamin Impulse Lingo

The only Intamin Impulse I have ever ridden is V2 at Six Flags Great America. I love this ride in the back of the train simply for the free fall sensation (especially since they stopped using the back tower brakes on the 2nd climb-out). However when in line, the operators will talk over the intercom prior to launch, but after safety restraints are checked and secure, and they say something that sounds like “115” or “150”, or some other ambiguous number...what is that?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's what I think you're talking about, it's a restraint number to recheck. Either 1 or 2 for which seat, then the row number 1 through 14. The computer tells them one isn't locked all the way, so they do that to quickly point the ops to the trouble spot so they can get it to lock correctly.

However when in line, the operators will talk over the intercom prior to launch, but after safety restraints are checked and secure, and they say something that sounds like “115” or “150”, or some other ambiguous number...what is that?

On Impulse coasters? That number is just the probability (as a percentage) of the ride breaking down on the next cycle.

Thanks for the feedback^, however I think this number may be something different in this case. I am pretty familiar with the usual, "check 53, or cycle 31," banter, but after they say "120, or 115,... e.t.c, there is no additional rechecking of any restraints. Usually the number they say is followed by "clear to launch". I was thinking it has something to do with the ride itself being 'powered up' and ready to go...