TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

Honestly after reading a lot of these reviews from this site, if Robb gave it an amazing review every person on here would be loving it. Since he didn’t almost everyone is hating on it. He is one opinion!!!! We love his reviews but doesn’t mean you have to agree with him!!! For god sakes have an opinion! You don’t have to agree with him 100% of the time, its ok I promise you will be ok if you don’t agree every time

What the FUCK is your problem??? Here's a review for you: I can't stand you. There. Now maybe everyone else on the site will hate you, too...

Curious to see if they replicate this haunt at Hollywood. It'd be a slap in the face of Knott's since their winter-themed haunt failed so miserably.

It would have been a joint announcement if that was the case.

Ok since the conversation has turned to HHN, need some advice from those of you that have experience with it. We have been to UO a few times but never for HHN and we are thinking of doing a weekend this year.

Very tentatively thinking of doing HHN on Sunday night Oct 13 (my son has a half day of school the next day, so the easiest day to miss) We could fly down Sat am and home on Mon. I'm kind of hoping that Sunday night will be a little better than Sat or Fri since we just cannot swing middle of the week. Any opinion on that or am I just wishful hoping?

Also, I am more than willing to buy the HHN fastpasses but read some advice that even with those there could still be hour long waits for the houses. Should we just really bite the bullet and get the VIP tour to get immediate front of the line access? I've purchased a lot of special event amusement park tickets on line but the HHN tickets are not exactly the most user friendly.

Appreciate any help from those of you that are HHN experts!

Black Intamin track has shown up on site for the Jurassic Park coaster, and it’s gloriously double-spined — which means it’s either going to be tall (thicker track sections reduce the number of supports needed) or forceful or a combination of the two.

HHN stuffs

Going right in the middle of October is a gamble for how insane the crowds will be with fastpasses. If you were going in September I'd prefer the regular fastpass but VIP becomes a necessity as the event goes on as the crowds get even more psychotic closer to Halloween. Since it's a Saturday, though, I'd lean towards VIP if you have the budget.

HHN stuffs

Going right in the middle of October is a gamble for how insane the crowds will be with fastpasses. If you were going in September I'd prefer the regular fastpass but VIP becomes a necessity as the event goes on as the crowds get even more psychotic closer to Halloween. Since it's a Saturday, though, I'd lean towards VIP if you have the budget.

Well that's why I was thinking we would do other stuff on Saturday, maybe just hang at IOA, and try for HHN on the Sunday night in the hopes it would be a bit slower.

HHN VIP is absolutely worth it if it will be your only visit. Guide to walk you right up to each house.

From what I have seen, it is doable to get all the houses in without even express if you are there for stay & scream to get a jump start on a few hours AND stay all night, but that middle of the night period is just packed everywhere.

HHN has no real "slow days" anymore. Wednesday, Friday, Sunday... September vs. October, early vs. late... Makes no difference. Been going since 2004 or so and honestly the past few years is simply a gamble on weather and other things if you end up with good/bad crowds.

We have changed our approach over the years, but now we simply plan to buy express two of the three or four nights we are there. The other nights we do houses when we see them shorter (usually early or end of the night) and hang out in zones and such otherwise.

For the best technique though, make sure to do stay and scream. Get into the hold area before the park closes and hang out for the hour or whatever until they allow you do go to a house. If you get a good position (or just avoid the hoard to stranger things and go to the alternative), you can often hit a few houses quickly with no wait at all. Last year I think we got through five or six houses before we even had to wait. But as expected, then things get bad quickly time wait wise. But crowds come in waves, so keep an eye on the app and watch for when lines dip to reasonable levels.

Hmmmm, thanks for the info so far. I guess maybe I will price out the difference between doing HHN on Sat and Sun nights with express pass on one or both versus doing VIP on one night and see how big a difference there is. Will definitely take advantage of the stay and scream.

Honestly after reading a lot of these reviews from this site, if Robb gave it an amazing review every person on here would be loving it. Since he didn’t almost everyone is hating on it. He is one opinion!!!! We love his reviews but doesn’t mean you have to agree with him!!! For god sakes have an opinion! You don’t have to agree with him 100% of the time, its ok I promise you will be ok if you don’t agree every time

What the FUCK is your problem??? Here's a review for you: I can't stand you. There. Now maybe everyone else on the site will hate you, too...

That's probably one of the most enlightening, enjoyable reviews I have ever read!

• 2 weeks later...

The Universal Orlando Resort has sent out a press release with new artwork for this year's Stranger Things house at Halloween Horror Nights.

527414607_StrangerThingsmazekeyart-HHN2019(logo).thumb.jpg.935828c9dd334d7dd25dc0d21c0919db.jpg

On the heels of the highly-anticipated debut of “Stranger Things 3” on Netflix, Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort have released new artwork for the all-new “Stranger Things” mazes coming to Halloween Horror Nights this fall. The artwork was designed exclusively by Kyle Lambert, who has previously illustrated art for Seasons 1-3 of the mega-hit Netflix Original series, and depicts the “Stranger Things” cast bravely facing a horrifying monster and ferocious Demodogs – a fate guests will soon experience themselves in the mazes at the nation’s premier Halloween events.

Inspired by seasons 2 and 3 of the critically-acclaimed series, this year’s chilling mazes will pick up where last year’s mazes left off, continuing the suspenseful storyline where a mysterious entity terrorizes the small town of Hawkins, Indiana, and delving even further into the parallel universe, referred to as the Upside Down. The mazes on both coasts will also parallel the hit show as it leaps forward to 1985, taking guests on a terrifying excursion through portions of “Stranger Things 3,” which is now streaming on Netflix.

“Halloween Horror Nights” begins Friday, September 6 in Orlando and Friday, September 13 in Hollywood. Additional details about the events will be revealed soon. For more information about “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.

• 2 weeks later...

The Universal Orlando Resort has sent us a press release announcing the debut of a new Killer Klowns from Outer Space maze after last year's successful scare zone at Halloween Horror Nights!

Metro Goldwyn Mayer’s (MGM) “Killer Klowns from Outer Space” lands at this year’s “Halloween Horror Nights” in all-new chilling mazes at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood – bringing together the most twisted scenes and ghastly gags from the popular horror sci-fi film at the nation’s premier Halloween events.

Based on the cult 1980s film favorite, the “Killer Klowns from Outer Space” mazes will transport guests to the sleepy small town of Crescent Cove, taken over by a pack of murderous clown-like creatures. Guests will be lured by the sweet smell of cotton candy and ice-cream and find themselves in an otherworldly circus tent where they’ll come face-to-face with the crazed klowns and their sinister, side-splitting antics. As they make their way through the Big Top Space Ship, guests will witness diabolical klowns making cotton candy cocoons from unsuspecting victims and will realize the joke’s on them as they are next to become the gooey snack. From one shrieking klown to the next, the mazes will lead guests through the doomed community of Crescent Cove to an eerie amusement park closed for the season. Trapped in a terrifying funhouse full of killer klowns, guests will be left screaming as there’s no stopping this twisted three-ring circus.

Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited “Halloween Horror Nights” to become victims inside their own horror film. Multiple movie-quality mazes based on iconic horror television shows, films and original stories come to life season after season. And, the streets of each park’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing scare-actors lunge from every darkened corner.

“Halloween Horror Nights” begins Friday, September 6 in Orlando and on Friday, September 13 in Hollywood. Additional details about the events will be revealed soon. For more information about “Halloween Horror Nights” and to purchase tickets at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.

1972496443_KillerKlownsfromOuterSpaceMazesatHalloweenHorrorNights2019.thumb.jpg.f2328665ee44ba48695fc79f48c8c51b.jpg

From the leaked layout, Doesn't look like any large indoor sections for that type of curvature.

Also, it appears (from my email) that an EPIC announcement will happen this Thursday, Aug 1st. Wonder if it's announcing the new park?

Hey everyone! This is going to be my first year attending HHN during the week of Sept 8th through the 15th, but I’m getting kind of confused with the ticket options.

In particular: what happened to “stay and scream?” I just got off the phone with Universal customer service who told me he had no idea what I was talking about.

Is “stay and scream” gone for this year? Also the “buy 2 regular park days get 3 free” deal ends on July 31st, but I don’t even know if I need 5 park days when HHN is going on.

My main concern is just paying too much money later for less time in the park. Do you guys think it would be worth it to buy those extra regular park days now?

Also without “stay and scream” I was thinking 2 nights at HHN would be cheaper than buying 1 night with express pass. But without “stay and scream” it seems like it would be difficult to do everything without express pass. HELP!

The 2pm "stay and scream" ticket in ORLANDO was discontinued in 2015 according to my brief research.

As long as you have a daytime ticket you get "early access" compared to everyone else because they have holding areas and open up a few houses early strictly to those who have a daytime ticket, annual pass, etc. They don't have a separate "half day" ticket anymore.