Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby tndank » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:19 am

T3 is not that bad. You probably don't want to marathon it, but I think it gets bashed a bit more than it should. I've ridden it several times this year.

I know you said coasters only but man, Wildebeest at HW looks awesome. Can't wait to try it Saturday.

I'll be at KK Sunday morning, then hitting up Churchill Downs and betting on horses before returning back to Tennessee.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby hoppedup » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:38 am

tndank wrote:T3 is not that bad. You probably don't want to marathon it, but I think it gets bashed a bit more than it should. I've ridden it several times this year.

I know you said coasters only but man, Wildebeest at HW looks awesome. Can't wait to try it Saturday.

I'll be at KK Sunday morning, then hitting up Churchill Downs and betting on horses before returning back to Tennessee.

We'll save T3 for last then. It's funny that we used to have season passes to our local water park, Wet 'n' Wild Emerald Pointe, but have not visited the water parks at any of the 15 parks we've visited in the last two years that have them.

HW and KK are the appetizers. Kings Island will be the main course Saturday. Then Cedar Point will be dessert on Sunday.
Parks: 21 | Coasters: 142 | Wood: 39 | Steel: 102 | Fiberglass: 1

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:49 am

T3 doesn't bash your head like the other SLCs so it's better in that regard, but it is very shaky and feels like it's punching you in the back repeatedly.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:32 pm

So I just finished an amazing visit at the park. Got on all the coasters and rides I wanted to multiple times and even got front rides on Lightning Run and T3. I’m now heading for Holiday World to get some night rides on the coasters. No question I’ll be making a return trip KK again next. This was my third visit to the park overall.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:28 pm

hoppedup wrote:Looking forward to visiting KK tomorrow. We will spend the morning at Holiday World and afternoon/evening at KK. We only care about coasters. From what I've been reading we shouldn't have any problems getting multiple rides. We have no issue skipping T3 or riding it last if it's one of the more painful SLCs. I've only done the one at SFNE and apparently it is the best of the bunch.

And yes, we took advantage of the out-of state deal.

Keep in mind that you’ll be losing an hour due to the time zone change going from Holiday World to Kentucky Kingdom! Also, a lot of the queue lines close at least 15 minutes before the posted park closing time in order to “empty out the line” by closing.

Have fun!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:03 am

hoppedup wrote:HW and KK are the appetizers. Kings Island will be the main course Saturday. Then Cedar Point will be dessert on Sunday.

I quit this hobby.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:08 pm

This year Kentucky Kingdom brings Halloscream back from the dead...

Now THIS is curious.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Postby hoppedup » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:45 pm

Storm Chaser was fun. But probably my least favorite RMC. Lightning Run was awesome. The ejector airtime on the last few hills is almost criminal. That said, if this were my home park, I would move.

Kentucky Flyer is perfect for what it is. The only coaster running two trains Friday.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ratdogg68 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:40 am

^^ Excited to ride the Coasters in the Fall night air. Wonder where they will do a Haunted House, they used to have one in the old Picnic pavilions they tore down. Curious to see how this turns out.
Let the Riding begin

Postby hoppedup » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:34 am

DBru wrote:
Keep in mind that you’ll be losing an hour due to the time zone change going from Holiday World to Kentucky Kingdom! Also, a lot of the queue lines close at least 15 minutes before the posted park closing time in order to “empty out the line” by closing.

Have fun!!!

Thanks. I actually didn't think of that until we were driving over to KK from HW. It was no problem, as we were less than impressed with KK. My daughter, who knows nothing about the parks we visit beforehand (she just gets in the car), said, "This feels like a Six Flags park." We rode all the coasters we wanted to ride once and left. I found the layout of the park a bit weird. And having the water park in the middle of the dry park seemed a little odd.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!