TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I am a member too, and use these few extra minutes to go towards Full Throttle and/or get a refill. Or get the fastlanes, etc, I think the extra time is handy to have actually.

The walk of shame, I mean guilt.

When the station's flashpass entrance is through the exit instead of being intertwined with the regular people once you get to the front. Ninja and GoldRusher are the two I can think of that make you do that. I think Goliath used to have it that way a couple years ago, until they changed it and made flashpassers go down the stairs around the back and up the stairs to meet with the regular line.

To make it worse, Ninja is only running one train, with a 100 minute wait time. And then here I come, through the exit gate keeping my eyes at the floor as I pick my seat, so I don't have to look at those poorly faces who have been waiting for an hour in the heat, who were so excited because they finally made it to the front and this train was suppose to be theirs, but then all of a sudden the flash pass herd comes and now you, who is in the regular line, have to wait another 3 minutes for the next train.

And then as a flash passer, you sit there for about a minute in front of everyone while the attendants check each restraint trying not to make eye contact with the people in line.

But boy do I freakin love flash passes. I am sorry for not being sorry. I do wish MM could have better line queuing. I like how they do the lines for Full Throttle.

I've been going to KI all my life, so I must ask. What is this "one-train operation" you speak of?

I thought that was just for like kiddie coasters, shuttles, and whatnot.

(But all joking aside, that wait for Ninja sounds effing brutal - typically not a good thing when the number of lifts a ride has exceeds its number of trains in operation!)

I've been going to KI all my life, so I must ask. What is this "one-train operation" you speak of?

I thought that was just for like kiddie coasters, shuttles, and whatnot.

(But all joking aside, that wait for Ninja sounds effing brutal - typically not a good thing when the number of lifts a ride has exceeds its number of trains in operation!)

When I went, they only had one train running for Ninja, Scream, Superman, and Tidal Wave. I also heard someone say Riddlers Revenge was only using one train too but I cant confirm that one. They have been running one train on Scream for a couple weeks now. However for a good reason, someone spotted new trains in the dirt near the ride. Now add flashplass to that line.

When I went on Tidal wave, they let like 10 flash passers on, I had the whole row to myself and like 2 other rows behind me were empty. I Thought that maybe they would open the gate for the regular line to fill in the rows, but they didnt. They started the ride with only flash passers on it when there was tons of space left. It is quite ridiculous.

Well, I am going back to CA this year! Bad news is that mean 1 train ops and dealing with Six Flags-ness

Only/last time I went was for an event so had ERT and the park kind of ran itself well. No such luck this time

I was thinking early Sept. What crowds can be expected, though I assume fast lane is necessary? Would crowds be any better on a week day?

Well, I am going back to CA this year! Bad news is that mean 1 train ops and dealing with Six Flags-ness

Only/last time I went was for an event so had ERT and the park kind of ran itself well. No such luck this time

I was thinking early Sept. What crowds can be expected, though I assume fast lane is necessary? Would crowds be any better on a week day?

Early September the park is empty. You wouldn't need a flash pass. Be aware that Fright Fest begins September 14, which means every Saturday, the park will be packed till November. That was miserable. I went the last Saturday of September thinking people wouldn't be going to Fright Fest till October, big mistake. I had a gold flash pass and still had to wait a whole hour for some of the rides. Week days are empty.

^ Oddly enough, I’ve found that Fright Fest gets LESS crowded closer to Halloween. I guess most people prefer to get their spook fix early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of crowded, I went to the park today planning on spending a couple of hours there. No single-train ops that I could see, but the place was too packed for my liking with some hefty lines, so I bailed after 30 mins. Grabbed a few pics of the new coaster:

IMG_3949.thumb.jpeg.00c8734b4f02a231eff4acdcd18edf95.jpeg

It looks like it'll have good visual appeal from the walkway.

IMG_3950.thumb.jpeg.59293bc99e4848ef269aeeebe484bee2.jpeg

The first element looks complete and the dips down into the second launch are installed now too.

IMG_3954.thumb.jpeg.4e0e50761f93cfde7a050f4d229804fa.jpeg

The support structure is gnarly.

IMG_3957.thumb.jpeg.71d22c1babf83d644bfee1acdfe238d9.jpeg

And, I'm guessing, that guests will walk right under it.

Early September the park is empty. You wouldn't need a flash pass. Be aware that Fright Fest begins September 14, which means every Saturday, the park will be packed till November. That was miserable. I went the last Saturday of September thinking people wouldn't be going to Fright Fest till October, big mistake. I had a gold flash pass and still had to wait a whole hour for some of the rides. Week days are empty.

Awesome, that works well because it would likely be the first week of Sept. Thanks for the help! This deff confirms I'll go for a weekday

I went to Magic Mountain this past Sunday and I haven't seen anyone post about this yet. The will-call ticket area has been moved to the far left ticket booth located before the security checkpoint. All regular ticket sales are now sold from where will-call used to be located after the security checkpoint. I asked around about this, and they said that all remaining ticket booths out front were just being used for storage for now. Can anyone else confirm what they future plans are for this? Is it a trial run of sorts?

Can anyone else confirm what they future plans are for this? Is it a trial run of sorts?

I can't confirm anything, but I was struck (I visited yesterday) by the fact that the ticket booths were all seemingly unmanned given the crowds—a tacit confirmation that one-day tickets are kind of an anachronism now, at least at Six Flags' parks.

I was struck (I visited yesterday) by the fact that the ticket booths were all seemingly unmanned given the crowds

Is this your first visit to a Six Flags park?

No. It's not even my first visit to one this month.

But it is perhaps the first time that, as the user above notes, that I've noticed the ticket booths entirely replaced by a makeshift will-call station.

No. It's not even my first visit to one this month.

But it is perhaps the first time that, as the user above notes, that I've noticed the ticket booths entirely replaced by a makeshift will-call station.

It makes me wonder if they are going to decide to remove the ticket booths at some point?

Can anyone else confirm what they future plans are for this? Is it a trial run of sorts?

I can't confirm anything, but I was struck (I visited yesterday) by the fact that the ticket booths were all seemingly unmanned given the crowds—a tacit confirmation that one-day tickets are kind of an anachronism now, at least at Six Flags' parks.

Not one day tickets...just walk up sales. There's this thing called the internet that has made purchasing tickets for anything much easier.

So what the heck is happening with Green Lantern? First they said they're removing it, then during a Q&A it was said they're retracking it (which makes no sense), now it's back to being rumored for removal.

I'm in the minority where I dont hate the ride and absolutely love the theming and aesthetic, but also don't mind some new hotness (that isnt a pistachio park) in its place.

So what the heck is happening with Green Lantern? First they said they're removing it, then during a Q&A it was said they're retracking it (which makes no sense), now it's back to being rumored for removal.

I'm in the minority where I dont hate the ride and absolutely love the theming and aesthetic, but also don't mind some new hotness (that isnt a pistachio park) in its place.

What the "bleep" is a "pistachio park"?!!

What the "bleep" is a "pistachio park"?!!

When they removed Sierra Twist, it was replaced by some BS corporate display about pistachio nuts. It's like the history of snacks or something.

Still, far far better than Green Lantern. As I've mentioned before, they could put an open sewer in that spot and it'd be a massive improvement over GL.

Still a better ride than Green Lantern!

As for Apocalypse, I know the park did some extensive re-tracking in early 2018 and it was running great last summer before they shut it down for WCR construction. Did the park ever say they were going to do more re-tracking during the construction shutdown?