TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Will Austin TX ever get a small or medium sized theme park?

Their have been talks over the years of a Disney park coming to Texas do you think it could work? Houston? Dallas? San Antonio? Or Austin? A user on a Disney Parks forum created a vision on what a future Disneyland Texas resort would look like it was pretty interesting. I say this is because Disney could expand with another themed resort in the United States. Across the world Disney has also succeeded with other theme park resorts in Europe & Asia but I think one more Disney location can work in the U.S. I think Texas can work. This rumor once again has been going on for quite some time.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well since the majority of you think that Austin for sure is not getting a theme park let me move on to my next question Cedar Fair has recently acquired Schlitterbahn in new Braunfels and Galveston what is the likely that in the near future since Cedar Fair has found a home in Texas could they expand and build on their current properties in New Braunfels and Galveston Schlitterbahn locations? Whether it’s a theme park combined with a water park or a more expanded waterpark?

of your 20 posts, at least 16 of them are on this topic, or close to it.

you don't have your age or location listed, but maybe you should consider a move to Florida or California, and then you'll have lots of Theme Park options (including Disney, Cedar Fair parks, and Universal)

• 4 months later...

I know I’m definitely not getting my point across here with the possibility of a theme park coming to Austin. No I don’t desperately want a theme park in Austin. I’m just looking at the city’s statistics. It’s a growing metro with almost 1 million people coming to the city in the next decade. It is bigger than most US cities being the 11 largest. San Antonio being right down the road is probably hurting Austin by not getting a new park anytime soon. I don’t know anything about Texas never been you say Texans are used to driving long hours I believe never thought what you said was a complete lie. I just think something like ZDT amusement park the size of that would suffice. The majority of you think Austin doesn’t need a park. Your right it’s a college town, arts, a good place for music lovers why mess that up with an addition of a new theme park I get it.

San Antonio being right down the road is probably hurting Austin by not getting a new park anytime soon. I don’t know anything about Texas never been you say Texans are used to driving long hours I believe never thought what you said was a complete lie. I just think something like ZDT amusement park the size of that would suffice. The majority of you think Austin doesn’t need a park. Your right it’s a college town, arts, a good place for music lovers why mess that up with an addition of a new theme park I get it.