TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Completely drained yesterday still. With no apparent work happening - the area was full of branches and leaves too (looked just like the abandoned side of the flume - which is VERY “Six Flags” in that the abandoned side is the one you get the best view of from train. Why not cover with tarp or put a mannequin family in a log There???)

Sad to see Excalibur sitting unused too. But employees said they are simply waiting for the new ride carriages at this point

We really enjoyed the place today tho regardless of some things that stuck out big time (biggest horror for me was the carousel. Which *could* be lovely— but desperately needs an extended rehab . The chipped and cracking horses depressed the hell out of me. Especially since it has those gorgeous chariots on it

Overall tho we liked the park a lot (and the company we kept yesterday). And will come back if in the area again

Will do a full St. Louis “bert” TR in the coming days once we are back

^Very happy to hear you enjoyed your trip! Just a quick clarification re: Log Flume. There is no “abandoned” side. Both have been running this season; however, unlike when the park opened in 1971, there isn’t always enough demand to have both running. And when it comes to why they chose the side to open that they did: That’s the only side that has wheelchair access to the dock, as the other side in not accessible without using the bridges/steps in the standby queue.

Again though, glad to hear you had fun and enjoyed Supergirl! American Thunder is one of my favorites too; it’s just plain fun with great reridability.

We haven’t been out to the park yet this year when the inner side of the Log Flume (“Left Twix”) was running. My 8 year old won’t ride the other side because he hates getting sprayed by those coin-op bystander ambush sprinklers by the ride exit. Caught him off guard one time and soaked the bejesus out of him.

We checked out the water park today. Super light crowds in there. Lazy river was shut down from about 2 pm on, and the tube slides closed all day. Kids spent most of the day in the wave pool, and I had a couple great deck chairs in the shade.

Loving the dining pass. We bought 3 basic dining passes during the online sale a few weeks ago - $35 each - but I ended up upgrading mine to a deluxe pass, so we got 3 lunches, 3 snacks and 1 dinner entree during our visit today. Great to get the food every visit without paying Six Flags menu prices.

American Thunder is one of my favorites too; it’s just plain fun with great reridability.

We closed out a Sun night a couple weeks back with 4x consecutive rides in the back car of AT. It was the first time we’d ever done an instant re-ride on that one, and it was great fun.

This past Thu was our first 2x consecutive re-ride of The Boss. I got to sit in the front seat, which I’ve probably done in years past, but it’s been a long while - I absolutely loved it. Moved to the near-back for my second ride, and that was more the bouncing/trouncing feel I’m used to on Boss.

I hadn’t noticed until that time riding that the Boss trains are definitely showing a good deal of aesthetic wear and tear.

^Very happy to hear you enjoyed your trip! Just a quick clarification re: Log Flume. There is no “abandoned” side. Both have been running this season; however, unlike when the park opened in 1971, there isn’t always enough demand to have both running. And when it comes to why they chose the side to open that they did: That’s the only side that has wheelchair access to the dock, as the other side in not accessible without using the bridges/steps in the standby queue.

that's so interesting, as it TOTALLY looked abandoned. Like it had been sitting empty.|

and totally makes sense why they would choose to open that side, since we used the ADA entrance for Nick (I got him an ADA pass, and he used it for a total of 3 rides all day (flume, Justice League, & Pandemonium) - he needed it since was having trouble walking even with the cane on Sun).

Kim did mention to us that they run occasionally, but it truly did look like it had been sitting unused for at least 6 months or more.

speaking of the flume. . . I have this pic handy, since it was put on my Six Flags Photo Pass.

not sure which version I like best. . but they all make me smile.

I think I'm partial to the one with just Greenery. .going over a waterfallllllllll.

ca5d8731fc004a29bac54f6c72513356-1.thumb.jpg.a6b05fe48f773d92f9e85062f33cee0f.jpg

(the little red target, was so they knew to let us go thru to the exit so Nick could get out at the ramp.

it was funny as hell hearing the cast member shouting "duck! duck!" since the log goes under a walkway, with some pipes (that are well taped up and padded, so someone, somewhere got a good whack on the head there).

ca5d8731fc004a29bac54f6c72513356-2.thumb.jpg.13155bd02ea6da35a6716af767017e9d.jpg

ca5d8731fc004a29bac54f6c72513356.thumb.jpg.1750e3be708ee9cc43f7daf03abc82f4.jpg

I did want to note - while I'm thinking of it -- that it's very odd to me that SF StL is still using the fingerprint scans to get in.

the Texas Parks all switched to the Ipad photo at the gates, but here? still scanning fingers.

and when I commented that I was surprised they are still using fingerprint, the lady at the gate looked super confused --

(but then again, she was super confused anyways: the people in front of us (a man and his Mother) had apparently bought passes/dining pass during some sale and they had to be picked up by that Sunday (?). . but the kid they bought the pass for was not with them. so they had a the man getting a pass, and the Grandma (not getting a pass, but standing at the gate with the man to pick up the kids pass). . . after going back and forth a few minutes with the older lady not understanding she can't come in to get the dining pass fulfilled since SHE didn't have a ticket..the gate agent just threw up her hands and said "just come in" and waved them into the park).

we thought it was idiotically funny . . .LOL

in terms of coasters at the park, this would be my ranking (from best to worst):

American Thunder

Screamin Eagle

Freeze

Batman (didn't ride it, only coaster skipped, but it looked as intense as other Batman clones)

Boss (tho the laterals are a bit rough)

Pandemonium

River King Mine Train (that sucker hauls, and the last drop was great)

Boomerang (yeah, still pretty sucky, but the location/view was fantastic)

Ninja - ugh. . . .

Did you use my technique on The Boss? It helps with the laterals.

I did!

and except for one big turn (where the lateral just *slammed* me), it made for a mostly enjoyable ride. Glad I rode it, but didn't feel the calling to get back in line.

I did only ride it once tho - focusing my re-rides on things I liked better: American Thunder, Screaming Eagle, Superman, Skyscreamer, and Supergirl got multiple rides from me on Sunday.

I would have ridden Freeze a bunch of times, but the 1 train slow operations (even with Flash pass) was 1 and move on for us.

(I seriously didn't want to keep Nick/Kim sitting waiting, as even with Flash Pass, my 1 ride took over 20 minutes of waiting).

Hey! We don't look too bad in those photos. Now if there had been a video of the three of us climbing in and out of those darn logs that would be a different story, lol.

The helix never bothered me and I don't usually get beat up by the roughness of coasters, more an issue with motion sickness if I don't prepare ahead of time. However, I did have bruises on my thighs from the last time I rode Magnum, need to learn the right technique for that one.

This park has such a great woodie collection. My personal favorite is Screamin' Eagle, but they're all great rides.

I didn't find the Boss rough. If anything, I wish the mid-course trim was off to experience a wilder second half. However, I understand why they don't do that.

Don’t remember exactly who (sorry to whoever it was but thanks for the pics EDIT: that would be Danrarbc), but someone had posted a pic wondering what the spot lights outside Colossus were for, since the ride already has a lighting package. Well, here is what that was for:

A3F6D4B4-3460-43D6-90FF-FBFB7652AF84.thumb.jpeg.ca26575f132531280a82f225fcc3e6f9.jpeg

Quite the blue-tiful sight, don’t ya think?

Also, the Boss not being renamed and SFNE having to pay up on their end of the deal (followed by SFDK having to make good on their bet too) is one of the best parts of the Blues win, in my opinion. With a country who loves a good underdog story, even the company behind the universally-popular Skycoaster brand extended their congratulations, albeit in their own appropriate way:

EDC4A02C-6485-4620-9228-C51E8A48FB28.thumb.jpeg.94badd065ec37d157efa6799c7fc6086.jpeg

To be completely honest, I’d have to say that out of the arches in St. Louis, mine are still probably the Golden Arches. (I’m a sucker for an Oreo McFlurry)

^welcome back to the forums! Stay a while. The blue lights are really cool. I wish they'd regularly do more with lighting in reference to the ferris wheel.

lol @ the golden arches.

However, I did have bruises on my thighs from the last time I rode Magnum, need to learn the right technique for that one.

Kim, use coasterbill's seatbelt trick. Emily and I sat in the front car of a middle row. I ratcheted the seatbelt down as tight as I possibly could and the ride was actually really enjoyable. That was the first time I've ever had fun on it.

They actually colored the fountains Blue on Sunday too (the night of playoff game 6). . .we didn't know why until later when someone told us that was why (maybe Kim)?

but we posed by it for our pic, because I thought it was pretty, so brought the photog over to it for the pic.

LOL

bd4af11d97744335b18955bc7989c8ce.thumb.jpg.60c70351e7d3170a53fab1836eb8ebd0.jpg

cb1928780146490591722b4e4dd5f142.thumb.jpg.06f7c26250be78e9a1bd16b176f09664.jpg

I did want to note - while I'm thinking of it -- that it's very odd to me that SF StL is still using the fingerprint scans to get in.

the Texas Parks all switched to the Ipad photo at the gates, but here? still scanning fingers.

and when I commented that I was surprised they are still using fingerprint, the lady at the gate looked super confused --

SFGAm has stopped using the finger scanners as well, and were taking photos of everyone entering when i was there a few weeks ago.