Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

P. 353 - Steel Curtain POV & Rider Cam posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby tanthonyam » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:16 pm

Did they get Sky Rocket open yet?

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby jconsolmagno » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:33 pm

No

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby xChris125x » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:27 pm

Structure is nearly complete.
image0-1~2.jpg

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jonskinny12 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:27 pm

I'm planning a trip for next year and wanting to go to Kennywood as part of that trip. I was wondering about the VIP Coaster Tours (https://www.kennywood.com/VIPCoasterTours) and haven't seen any recent information in this thread on them, so I was hoping some of the locals could help me out here.

How does the "Coasters and Thrills Plus Tour" work? From what I've read through this thread it sounds like you just go up the ADA/exit and they take care of you, is that right? Are they still assigning rows? And if we did that tour, is one day enough for plenty of re-rides on our favorites?

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby xChris125x » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:43 pm

Five pieces left!
IMG_20190610_163831.jpg

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Samuel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:16 pm

jonskinny12 wrote:I'm planning a trip for next year and wanting to go to Kennywood as part of that trip. I was wondering about the VIP Coaster Tours (https://www.kennywood.com/VIPCoasterTours) and haven't seen any recent information in this thread on them, so I was hoping some of the locals could help me out here.

How does the "Coasters and Thrills Plus Tour" work? From what I've read through this thread it sounds like you just go up the ADA/exit and they take care of you, is that right? Are they still assigning rows? And if we did that tour, is one day enough for plenty of re-rides on our favorites?

I did the coaster tour last year. I recall Phantom & Racer were walk-ons via heading up the exit ramp, and Thunderbolt was a merge in the station with the regular line. It did save a lot of time on a crowded Saturday. The only bummer was that a middle car was reserved on Phantom for the VIPs -- we weren't able to get the front or back. I don't know if it's changed this year or will change next year. Unless you go on a Saturday and/or a coaster's only running one train, most waits are usually 15-40 min. But who knows what kind of line Steel Curtain will have?

You'll probably be fine going to the park and just seeing how busy it is early in the day before buying the VIP tour. A full lot and crowded entrance = busy. The passes are sold right in front of Garfield. One day should be enough for multiple re-rides, and I recommend the dark rides & rare flats, too.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby tanthonyam » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:51 pm

so whats up with Sky Rocket?? Was it not supposed to be ready to go opening day?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:00 am

Lake Compounce's Phobia is also down and hasn't run all year. Could be unrelated, but they are owned by the same park so it's hard for me not to notice.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Funtown U.S.A. & Palace Playland

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jonskinny12 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:16 am

Samuel wrote:
jonskinny12 wrote:I'm planning a trip for next year and wanting to go to Kennywood as part of that trip. I was wondering about the VIP Coaster Tours (https://www.kennywood.com/VIPCoasterTours) and haven't seen any recent information in this thread on them, so I was hoping some of the locals could help me out here.

I did the coaster tour last year. I recall Phantom & Racer were walk-ons via heading up the exit ramp, and Thunderbolt was a merge in the station with the regular line. It did save a lot of time on a crowded Saturday. The only bummer was that a middle car was reserved on Phantom for the VIPs -- we weren't able to get the front or back. I don't know if it's changed this year or will change next year. Unless you go on a Saturday and/or a coaster's only running one train, most waits are usually 15-40 min. But who knows what kind of line Steel Curtain will have?

You'll probably be fine going to the park and just seeing how busy it is early in the day before buying the VIP tour. A full lot and crowded entrance = busy. The passes are sold right in front of Garfield. One day should be enough for multiple re-rides, and I recommend the dark rides & rare flats, too.

Thanks for the info! We were looking at weekdays, so I think we'll be good with just one day and waiting to buy the tour package.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Question: If we plan to stop by on Labor Day weekend, how much of a concern should this “Limited operations” thing be? Is it best to avoid it?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!