TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

How are crowds during the first week of June? I've booked a Disney Cruise for June 8th 2019 and Port Aventura is now a sure thing for my Euro trip. Too many nice Homeaway choices to be had to stay on property though.

I’ll be at the park on the 6th, so I’m appreciating all the information! Barcelona is the last city on our two week European trip. I’m excited!

How much time do you recommend spending at Tibidabo? I only have about 3 hours, do you think it's worth going there just to buy the panoramic ticket?

I think that sounds like a good plan, the only really good ride you will miss out on is Muntanya Russa which is a really fun (but short) Vekoma coaster with amazing views. Three hours should be just about the right amount of time to do the rides, maybe get some churros and enjoy the view

The Panorama ticket is for the highest level of the park which has the best views and includes Avió (the plane ride) and Talaia (an observation ride) which are both really old and historical. It is also worth doing L'Embruixabruixes. Hopefully you will have a clear day and can enjoy the views. Avió, the plane ride, is very low capacity so even a short queue will move very very slowly but it is worth doing it for the novelty factor as it is totally unique.

How are crowds during the first week of June? I've booked a Disney Cruise for June 8th 2019 and Port Aventura is now a sure thing for my Euro trip. Too many nice Homeaway choices to be had to stay on property though.

I’ll be at the park on the 6th, so I’m appreciating all the information! Barcelona is the last city on our two week European trip. I’m excited!

Barcelona will likely kick off a near month for us. Hopefully Norwegian starts Madid or Barcelona from Denver as they have stated that they may. Southwest via Den from Tulsa and Norwegian across the pond. If not, I'll likely fly out of Memphis using points on United

My must do's are Port Aventura, Europa, Phantasialand, Efteling and Puy du Fou. I'd like to get some others in like Expedition Gee Force but we'll see. If Norwegian starts Madrid instead of Barcelona, I may include Parque Warner. I'm hoping the Cinecetta Park I Rome is still alive and kicking. Garda land would be only other in Italy I may attempt though Mirabilandia seems more attractive to me. Our plan after the Cruise is Rome-Florence-Venice - Paris- Normandy- Nantes /Puy du Fou, Strasbourg/Europa, Rothenberg, Cologne/Phantasialand, Effteling, Amsterdamn, Copenhagen/Tivoli, London and possibly Alton Park and fly home from either Manchester or go on to Dublin and fly back from there

I'm well aware I'll be passing a ton of parks I'd love to go to but......time and money. This is being financed from saving up over 600k in Chase UR points. If by chance In can get in Three or four smaller parks like Holiday, The Walibi parks, Tover, Movie Park, eCT I will. I'm very interested in the season pass perks that include multiple parks. The wife demands over half the teip by cultural and history focused vs a coasterthon.

Then we will stock pile points for a 2021 or 2022 Asia trip, Tokyo to Osaka, Bejing to Xi'an to Chengdu to Shainghai. I hope to time it with the new things at Tokyo Disney and Universal opening in Beijing.

Between those will be a California and Hawaii trip and a bunch of weekend getaways here and there.

We are liking this no mortgage thing, we are giving the kids a taste of the world and then their out and Momma and I are globetrotting,

Barcelona will likely kick off a near month for us. Hopefully Norwegian starts Madid or Barcelona from Denver as they have stated that they may. Southwest via Den from Tulsa and Norwegian across the pond. If not, I'll likely fly out of Memphis using points on United

We're going from Tulsa to LAX, LAX to London. We'll be going through London, Paris, Rome, and Barcelona all with Chase UR! It's a final trip for us before we start to consider kids! My wife likes coasters and theme parks, but I had to convince her that we needed to do one park while we were abroad! Your trip sounds like a blast, if you get to PortAventura before I do, share the wealth of knowledge! Enjoy!

We're going from Tulsa to LAX, LAX to London. We'll be going through London, Paris, Rome, and Barcelona all with Chase UR! It's a final trip for us before we start to consider kids! My wife likes coasters and theme parks, but I had to convince her that we needed to do one park while we were abroad! Your trip sounds like a blast, if you get to PortAventura before I do, share the wealth of knowledge! Enjoy!

A hint with chase UR points, while they don't show up on their travel portal, you can call and book Norwegian with points. I can get usually get their Premium Economy for 40,000 one way compared to United(for example) bare min, economy for 30,000 and the 30,000 is limited. The wife and I can fly in the nearly lie flats with Norweigian and the kids can tough it in economy seating thats equal to any legacy product for 15,000 each.

United will give you a leg in Europe for free when booking the going and coming with points. American, I rarely try with their limited availibility.

• 1 month later...

PortAventura invests 40 million euros in new attraction and hotel

220518waie.jpg.567dc4045534eede96bcdffd1303901c.jpg

The Spanish theme park resort PortAventura World will expand. 40 million euros is invested in a new attraction and a new hotel. The new attraction - a dark ride in the Sesame Street themde area - must be finished next year.

Details about the addition are not yet known. Director Fernando Aldecoa speaks of "an attraction for the whole family, with the familiar characters from Sesame Street". It is an investment of 15 million euros. Children's area Sésamo Aventura opened in 2011.

In addition, 25 million euros are spent in a 150-room hotel, located near the Far West part. There are already two hotels there: Hotel Gold River and Hotel Mansión de Lucy. The resort will soon have six hotels with a total of 2250 rooms.

PortAventura World consists of PortAventura Park, Ferrari Land and a water park. Last year, the three parks together attracted a total of 4.7 million visitors. A new family coaster opened last week in Ferrari Land.

Source

• 2 months later...

Hi!

Has anybody been to this park recently? I am headed there on the 2nd and 3rd of August and was wondering if the horrible operations I remember from a few years back have gotten any better at all?

I am ready to bite the bullet and get an Express Pass for at least one of the days, but if anybody has been in the last few weeks I'd love to hear their experience...

Has anybody been to this park recently?

I visited the park in early June. While I don't know what operations were like before, we had one bad experience and then opt for the Express pass, which was easily worth the investment! My wife and I started the day at Ferrari World to knock that park out. The line for Red Force wasn't extremely long, but we decided to wait in the single rider line to knock it out quickly... that was a mistake. We actually waited 5 minutes longer than the group of people who got in the regular line at the same time as we did. If they didn't have enough for a full train, they would go to the regular line to find a group of an odd number instead of looking for an even number and pulling from the single rider. It just wasn't efficient.

Our experience with the Express Pass? Get it. It was well worth it and we had no issues with any of the operations. They would see us coming and put us on the train that was in the station or we'd wait just one train MAX. It was awesome. We were able to do the entire park in about an hour and a half; then spent the day choosing what else we wanted to ride. This doesn't add too much incite to your operations question, but that was our experience at the park! It was beautiful and well themed. You'll have a great time! Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I'll be going to PA next week. I bought a "2 day, 2 parks" ticket in order to go to Ferrari Land as well (basically for Red Force).

The original plan was to split the visit to one day at PA and one at Ferrari Land.

I've been wondering if I could get both parks on the same day instead of splitting it... Do you think it's possible?

I checked on Google Maps and it says the park entrances are about 10 minutes apart (by foot, does that make sense?). So I thought we'd start with Ferrari Land just to get the Red Force credit in the morning, and then go to PA for the rest of the day.

If you guys have any thoughts or tips on this plan I'd love to hear them.

Thank you much!

• 8 months later...

Does anyone have experience with transportation to PortAventura from Barcelona? We will be in Barcelona in July and I want to head out to the park for a day. It looks like I can take a train from the Barcelona Sants station and it drops me off right across from the park. Has anyone ever taken this train to get to the park?

When I went to PortAventura, I took a bus directly from the airport to my hotel at the park.

Going back to Barcelona, I took the train directly from PortAventura to Barcelona Sants. The train station is on the PortAventura property next to one of the hotels and I remember it being a fast, easy ride.

Does anyone have experience with transportation to PortAventura from Barcelona? We will be in Barcelona in July and I want to head out to the park for a day. It looks like I can take a train from the Barcelona Sants station and it drops me off right across from the park. Has anyone ever taken this train to get to the park?
Me. You can buy a combined ticket portaventura + train with a special price. (55 euros!?) take about 1h.20min to get there.

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A6003 através do Tapatalk

Me. You can buy a combined ticket portaventura + train with a special price. (55 euros!?) take about 1h.20min to get there.

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A6003 através do Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice, I think I will buy the combined park and train ticket.

• 11 months later...

Local Newspaper "Diari de Tarragona" states that PortAventura World is set to re-open in July (day TBA) after the end of the state of alarm in Spain caused by the Covid-19 Pandemic, with changes that are yet to be disclosed. Presumably strong sanitary measures will be taken in order to fulfil the resort's goal of being recognized as a safe destination in the country.

Link (spanish):

https://www.diaridetarragona.com/costa/PortAventura-se-prepara-para-abrir-de-nuevo-en-julio-20200525-0047.html

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Apparently, PortAventura in partnership with LaLiga (Spain's professional football league) have decided to open a new land/park themed to football (soccer, for Americans).

These news come a bit as a shock as no one was expecting this move on their part, not even die-hard PA fans.

Here is the link to the article in Spanish: https://www.lavanguardia.com/economia/20200913/483444069204/portaventura-laliga-futbol-egames-gamers.html

And here is the link to a video in Spanish talking about The Beat Challenge (an experience similar to Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom) that will be available throughout the property: https://videos.elmundo.es/v/0_sybz267u-del-cesped-al-parque-de-atracciones-laliga-sigue-la-senda-de-disney-la-nba-y-ferrari?count=0

Thi is a bold movement, to say the least. FerrariLand (which opened in 2017) has been underperforming and doesn't even feel like a half-day park, yet management wants to invest money on a fourth gate. What do you think?

On the one hand, sports, football and LaLiga, are extremely popular, so it seems like a great move from a business perspective. Football has such a huge fanbase among Spaniards (it would be the equivalent to NBA in the US or even Nascar), so I am sure this will get people talking and speculating, as the idea seems innovative. If only we got something as cool as Kennywood did with Steel Curtain lol

On the other hand, if a well-established brand like Ferrari couldn't pull off a decent park, how can LaLiga (which has no connection whatosever with parks) think they will be up to the challenge? I am really skeptical about this project.

I have to agree with you, it seems odd to open a fourth gate when Ferrari Land isn't a full day park, or a even a half day park. When we visited last year, we went straight to Red Force and then did the drop towers. Nothing else in the park really caught our eye, so we headed back to PA after those two rides. We did go back later in the day for more rides on Red Force (the line was only about 20 minutes around 5pm), but there really isn't any must-dos at the park besides Red Force. It would make more sense to have LaLiga be a land within Ferrari Land, as that would really help fill out the park.