TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

The reason why I started the topic about six flags selling their parks which I saw the topic is locked because I wanted to add since you guys are not aware SFOT and SFOG contracts will be expiring in 2027 and 2028. So that means both of these six flags parks will be no more correct? And either be bought by Cedar fair, parques reunidos, herschend, etc. So it would be 2 Six flags parks would be gone from the chain is all of what I’m saying correct? They would not renew the contracts on both parks that’s highly unlikely? All the theming from the dc comic characters and looney tunes characters will be gone from both parks. I’m not being silly but once the contracts are up that’s what happens right?

Not trying to beat this dead horse, but the way the BlooLoop story is written, the parks could become WHOLLY owned by Six Flags without the mystery partners. This statement here - "At that time Six Flags will be given the option to “acquire all the interest in the respective lessor that we have not previously acquired.”" pretty much says that.

We are still looking for people to sign up for the Team TPR team for Coasting For Kids at Six Flags Over Texas! Here are the details:

Six Flags Over Texas: http://support.gktw.org/goto/TeamTPRSixFlagsOverTexas

Date: Saturday, June 22

Schedule

8:00am - Registration

8:30am - ERT access to New Texas Giant and Titan

10:30am - Ceremony

11:00am - All-day access to Six Flags Over Texas

Just curious why they removed this ride from Great Adventure?

Just to be clear, this is not the removed ride from Great Adventure. That one went to La Ronde and is now called Chaos. This is a brand new (and larger) model, just like what SFGAm got last year.

Somebody posted a while back in the Great Adventure thread that a frivolous lawsuit is what caused them to remove their Super Loop.

By that logic, Kingda Ka is done for.

Just think of it like the new version of their old ride rotation program where rides would only spend a few years at one park.

I heard they have installed brand new AC units on top of "THE CAVE" why would they do that if they are doing away with it?

Just got back from SF today. I could be wrong, but it looks like all signs of Gold River have been removed off the structure...ie paint etc. It's a blank canvas. Either they are giving it a fresh coat, or they are going with a totally different theme. Hope it's the latter.

I would LOVE for them to bring back THE CAVE! The atmosphere of that dark ride was thoroughly unique.

Hey everyone! We're just under two weeks from this event and would love to have someone join the Team TPR team for this event. All of the info is below - thank you!

We are still looking for people to sign up for the Team TPR team for Coasting For Kids at Six Flags Over Texas! Here are the details:

Six Flags Over Texas: http://support.gktw.org/goto/TeamTPRSixFlagsOverTexas

Date: Saturday, June 22

Schedule

8:00am - Registration

8:30am - ERT access to New Texas Giant and Titan

10:30am - Ceremony

11:00am - All-day access to Six Flags Over Texas

Looking for some advice: So, I'm looking at booking my flight down to Texas in the next couple days and wanted some opinions on the status of my returning flight options:

Option 1: 10am flight, costs more.

Option 2: 7pm flight, costs less.

I need to be out of my hotel by 11am.

If I go with option 2, does the park have big enough lockers at the front for me to store an electronics-filled backpack and a carry-on suitcase? How much would I be spending? If I can't get lockers at the park, I'd likely just go straight to DFW. So is there free WiFi in the terminals?

I appreciate the help and am looking forward to my first visit to Texas!

Your hotel may hold it, though personally I'd rent a car. I know you're under 25 and I assume that's your hesitation but rental cars are dirt cheap at DFW so it's still a decent deal even with the fee. Then you have an all-day locker with wheels.

^ yep. .what Bill said.

suitcase in trunk, and enjoy the day at the park. . but make sure you leave well before posted closing, or you'll get stuck in the traffic exiting the park.

SFOT isn't too far from the DFW airport, as long as you aren't doing Love Field (that's in Dallas area proper)

Your hotel may hold it, though personally I'd rent a car. I know you're under 25 and I assume that's your hesitation but rental cars are dirt cheap at DFW so it's still a decent deal even with the fee. Then you have an all-day fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo with wheels.

I'll be 25 by the time of the trip, so my hesitation with a rental is my hotel is the Sleep Inn across the street from Judge Roy Scream. So the only real reason I'd need the rental car would be to/from DFW. But I will look into the rental car if it's going to be that cheap.

The fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo at SFoT are big enough for a small backpack, definitely not big enough for a carry on suitcase.

Yes, there is free wifi at DFW, with all the quality of free public wifi.

About what I expected. Unfortunately.

I finally made my first visit of the year today with my 8 year old daughter in tow. Not much of a crowd given the fact that the weather didn't really become insufferably hot until after 4:00. We encountered mostly walk on or one cycle waits with a 15 to 20 minute wait on some of the usual suspects. Employees were pretty much on point across the board. This gave me plenty of opportunities to coax my typically cautious daughter into trying out a few new experiences: La Vibora, Pandemonium, Sky Screamer, and Judge Roy Scream in particular. Overall, a very fun day even if we didn't drink as much water as we should have. We were both dragging pretty bad by the time we made it back to the car.

Got a chance to at least eyeball some of the recent changes in the park. El Diablo fits in better with its surroundings than it appears in photos. We didn't get an up close look at Harley Quinn, but from up above, it looks like it's mostly been abandoned. Not sure what the story is there. It looks like any demolition on Aquaman has stopped. You can tell some smaller components have been disassembled, most notably the lift conveyor belt is completely gone, but the bulk of the ride is still intact. Ran across the Tower actually operating and took advantage of that. That was probably my first trip up there in a decade or so. The new paint job looks nice, but would it kill them to run a pressure washer over all of the dripped paint in the queue line? Pretty tacky and sloppy looking.

That gets me to one of the bigger disappointments of the trip. The walk from Tower around to the Texas section is flat out depressing. You first encounter the abandoned temporary queue and loading area for the antique cars, then the empty space where Lone Star Theater sat surrounded by a chain link fence, and last the abandoned Gold River Adventure loading area and entrance. That path has always been mostly a shortcut to get from one busy area to another for years, but the complete lack of activity at this point has a bit of an ominous look to it.

on a day like yesterday? I wouldn't have used Flash Pass at all, simply because in several rides you miss all of the theming in the queue. (in particular JLA you miss Cyborg, and you missed all the theming in Freeze & the Batman queue).

but hey, you paid for it, so might as well enjoy it.