TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Wildcat is a one and done for me. If I don't get the magic seat (2nd row) I have a massive headache. I even take ibuprofen before riding in preparation.

Agreed, once a visit is pretty much my tolerance level for Wildcat. But Lightning Racer is a Top 5 Woodie for me and Comet actually rides really well despite its age. Looks like I'm going to have to plan another trip to Hershey once the hyper opens. I really hope it rides like Mako because I absolutely love that coaster and was surprised by how strong the airtime was. I haven't been on Fury yet, but Mako is definitely my favorite B&M hyper.

Edited by VegasBaby

I think you're cupfused. This is the greatest ride in the history of peanut butter cup themed rides.

^^

Skyrush being closed is certainly disappointing news.

Your legs will thank you.

Wildcat is a one and done for me. If I don't get the magic seat (2nd row) I have a massive headache. I even take ibuprofen before riding in preparation.

Seriously, try drinking a Coke after you get a riding headache. It works for me almost every time. But, I rarely drink anything but black coffee and water, so that probably plays into it.

I've been wondering if Hershey's new coaster will be testing before West Coast Racers.

I went back to the park on May 31 for my third visit. Here are my thoughts:

1) Reese's Cupfusion was fantastic, but methinks I could have achieved a higher score if the three other people I was riding with didn't steal those targets I was aiming for.

2) i rode Whitecap Racer and I finished with the time 16.4 seconds, which was faster compared to the top time on the leader board of that day, which was 16.43 seconds. Anyone out there went faster than I did?

3) I love their Breaker's Edge water coaster - I rode it twice that day!

4) While Skyrush was still closed, so were a few other rides. For the first time in all the years I've been coming to the park, this was the first time I ever seen The Whip being closed. Methinks the reason for the closure of some of those rides was due to low number of park attendants the park had that day. Some of the rides that were running had a low number of attendants running it. For example - On my last visit, there were three attendants running THE CLAW; this visit, only two - no one was at the entrance, just two running the ride.

5) I finally got to ride Sidewinder! Merry Derry Fun slides were still closed.

6) They had East Coast Waterworks running, but the entrance was closed off. Why would they run that area, but have no one inside? At least The Shoreline Sprayground was up and running, and it was perfect to cool off after a hot riding on Breaker's Edge.

Today wasn't my best visit due to crowds that began to accumulate and the fact that I may had injured myself and need time off to recover, but I did ride Laff Traxx three times in row, and then rode Wild Mouse three times. I did that because I waited an hour to ride Laff Traxx on my last visit, and with hardly no people no line this time, I took the advantage and got SWEET revenge. As for Wild Mouse, I missed this coaster on my last two visits, so I wanted to play catch up. I got on Cupfusion while the lines were light, and even though they don't allow single riders on the Scrambler, the ride attendant allow me to ride by myself because there were nobody else in line. Ah, the joys of being an early bird.

I'm hoping that when I return to Hersheypark later this month (Ah, the joys of being a season pass holder) all the rides will be running, the crowds will be lighter, and I'll have the best time ever.

"When you lose weight, the riding season becomes great!"

I think so? I thought I read somewhere it was the footers under the lift but this is obviously not the lift. And it would make sense it was on the far side since it was *apparently* damaged by construction vehicles. If thats true, why would they be all the way over by the lift?

Word on the streets of Hershey, PA is that Skyrush has been testing today. There is video floating around the groups on FB if you need that.

• 4 weeks later...

Planning to visit Hershey for the first time on a Friday this July. Have one day, but have the whole day. Is the Flash Pass Unlimited a must? Was thinking normal Flash Pass could probably suffice since will probably only want to re-ride a few, but it’s a fairly comparable price point at $75 vs. $90. Assuming, I really only care about the coasters, is Flash Pass worth it? I’m assuming Friday crowds are similar to Saturday / Sunday.

Any must eat places either in or outside the park?

Planning to visit Hershey for the first time on a Friday this July. Have one day, but have the whole day. Is the Flash Pass Unlimited a must? Was thinking normal Flash Pass could probably suffice since will probably only want to re-ride a few, but it’s a fairly comparable price point at $75 vs. $90. Assuming, I really only care about the coasters, is Flash Pass worth it? I’m assuming Friday crowds are similar to Saturday / Sunday.

Any must eat places either in or outside the park?

use preview night on Thurs. . .you can knock out quite a few of the big coasters with minimal crowds.

https://www.hersheypark.com/tickets/free-extra-hours.php

I *believe* your parking fee for Preview Night is good for the next day - you just keep the ticket and show them.

but not sure, as we've always stayed on property, or I visited with a group that took us by bus.

so maybe someone whos done it recently can clarify for sure.

EDIT: from the website:

Ticketing

What is the Preview Plan?

When you purchase a regular full-day admission ticket, you can enter the night before your big day for 2 1/2 hours prior to Park closing. Just show your ticket at the Front Gate and you can start enjoying the fun early! Purchase parking the evening you are using the Preview Plan and keep the parking stub, along with your admission tickets, to use the following day.

Hide Answer

the preview night really makes a huge difference. you can get a LOT done in those 2 1/2 hours.

on a Thursday? place should be dead in the evening, as the next day is a work day.