Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1007 - 2020 Roller Coaster "Candymonium" Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby amy_mel » Thu May 23, 2019 8:02 am

Wildcat is a one and done for me. If I don't get the magic seat (2nd row) I have a massive headache. I even take ibuprofen before riding in preparation.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby LBIJim » Thu May 23, 2019 9:31 am

Thanks for the opinions on the wooden coasters. Most likely I'll skip Wildcat but try Lightning Racer and The Comet.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Hershey_flags » Thu May 23, 2019 11:54 am

Just watched the POV of Reese’s Cupfusion! Only real complaint is that I did not see any animatronics, but instead just cutouts of the different characters. The two big positives are that the screens seem very clear, and it is a very long ride.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu May 23, 2019 5:13 pm

I think you're cupfused. This is the greatest ride in the history of peanut butter cup themed rides.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby bill_s » Thu May 23, 2019 6:18 pm

Last time I rode Wildcat, the first couple of drops were torturous washboard, and the rest was awesome.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby StarWars » Fri May 24, 2019 6:51 pm

I'm sure it's been brought up, but Google Maps finally updated their Street View imagery of the park. It now includes Skyrush for instance, which the old Street View did not.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby VegasBaby » Tue May 28, 2019 11:22 am

amy_mel wrote:Wildcat is a one and done for me. If I don't get the magic seat (2nd row) I have a massive headache. I even take ibuprofen before riding in preparation.

Agreed, once a visit is pretty much my tolerance level for Wildcat. But Lightning Racer is a Top 5 Woodie for me and Comet actually rides really well despite its age. Looks like I'm going to have to plan another trip to Hershey once the hyper opens. I really hope it rides like Mako because I absolutely love that coaster and was surprised by how strong the airtime was. I haven't been on Fury yet, but Mako is definitely my favorite B&M hyper.
Last edited by VegasBaby on Tue May 28, 2019 1:57 pm.
Coaster Count: 220 Last Coaster: Red Force
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

Postby prozach626 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:58 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I think you're cupfused. This is the greatest ride in the history of peanut butter cup themed rides.

^^ :lmao:

LBIJim wrote:Skyrush being closed is certainly disappointing news.

Your legs will thank you.

amy_mel wrote:Wildcat is a one and done for me. If I don't get the magic seat (2nd row) I have a massive headache. I even take ibuprofen before riding in preparation.

Seriously, try drinking a Coke after you get a riding headache. It works for me almost every time. But, I rarely drink anything but black coffee and water, so that probably plays into it.

I've been wondering if Hershey's new coaster will be testing before West Coast Racers.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed May 29, 2019 12:59 pm

A few people have asked about Skyrush on the park's Facebook page and the park commented that they're targeting a mid-June reopening.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Postby alilstronger » Thu May 30, 2019 10:35 am

To me Wildcat has the perfect amount of roughness. No where as bad as Predator.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!