Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 814 - Firebird Media Event Trip Report!
Users viewing this topic: Hershey_flags and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby DarkRideNick » Sat May 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Robb, let me know when there is a Six Flags Fortnite attraction media event you need a reporter to attend. Having recieved over 30 victory royales, I'm your guy!
Nicky Palton
:lmao: Cedar Point's #1 Fan :lmao:

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Mike240SX » Sat May 11, 2019 6:26 pm

I think you'll be waiting a long, long time for that call...
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Hershey_flags » Tue May 14, 2019 6:22 pm

Firebird opens this Friday, May 17th. Members and PASSHOLDERS get exclusive ride time in the morning for all three days. Is anyone heading out to the park to try it out this weekend?

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue May 14, 2019 6:44 pm

I thought this ride opened like 2 weeks ago. :lmao:

Postby Hershey_flags » Tue May 14, 2019 6:53 pm

I am just shocked they actually opened up their new attraction before June this year. Maybe next year Six Flags Magic Mountain will try to do that...nah, what am I kidding.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Thu May 16, 2019 3:41 pm

Firebird is 10x better than Apocalypse. I will ride everytime that I go. Met to do a ride report last week, but decided to try a few more seats this weekend. I'll write it up this weekend.

Got 11 rides in last weekend.

Apocalypse, 1-2 times PER YEAR. Park opening and National Rollercoaster Day.
The top 3: Twisted Timbers, El Toro, Volcano

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Thu May 16, 2019 4:02 pm

Highridin wrote:Firebird is 10x better than Apocalypse. I will ride everytime that I go. Met to do a ride report last week, but decided to try a few more seats this weekend. I'll write it up this weekend.

Got 11 rides in last weekend.

Apocalypse, 1-2 times PER YEAR. Park opening and National Rollercoaster Day.

Yeah, there were a couple of times on Apocalypse where on the break run, I did yell "ouch, my nuts!"

But I'm liking the color of the trains/track. Whether it'll be as smooth as other floorless coasters is another matter (granted the Firebird/Apocalypse/Iron Wolf track in nearly 30 years old)

Postby Hershey_flags » Thu May 16, 2019 7:01 pm

So much media day footage has come out today showing off the new experience! You can tell from the rider cams that the only spot where there is headbanging is that corkscrew. Everywhere else just looks like some minor ratting.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Thu May 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Hershey_flags wrote:So much media day footage has come out today showing off the new experience! You can tell from the rider cams that the only spot where there is headbanging is that corkscrew. Everywhere else just looks like some minor ratting.

The one love tap you get is coming out of the corkscrew. Only 1st and 2nd row; didn't even get tapped in the 1st row, left seat, just right. The tap is nothing compared to the Mike Tyson punch you got with Apoc. So happy they converted this.
The top 3: Twisted Timbers, El Toro, Volcano

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby FocalRanger » Thu May 16, 2019 11:17 pm

Firebird Media Day

Raindrops splattered against my windshield as my car cruised into the employee entrance of Six Flags America. The last time I had been to this park was in 2016. I recall riding Apocalypse one time and I could honestly say it made Mind Eraser seem smooth. I experienced some rough headbanging and never rode it again. I was very excited to attend Firebird's media day as it was a new experience for me and I was eager to see how the coaster compared after the floor-less train conversion.

After signing in and receiving our media passes, my amazing girlfriend, Amanda and I hopped into the back of a black Chevy Impala and were driven through the park until we came to our stop at Firebird. Multiple tents set up shielded us from the gentle rain and the smell of bacon filled the air as a nice breakfast was provided for the event. Everyone was very excited and eager to ride. The coaster was essentially christened by two local firetrucks and their hoses. Then it was time to ride. The rain cleared up and out came the sun. We boarded the train and were rolling out of the station a few moments later. At the top of the lift I was ready to try this old but new B&M's layout but this time sitting down and with no floor beneath me.

In my opinion, the coaster is much better than Apocalypse. It has gone from a try once and never again type of ride to a very re- ridable and fun coaster. I really enjoyed Firebird. There was only a couple moments of headbanging and it was very minimal. This is a great addition to SFA's coaster lineup and I am really looking forward to going back at some point this year.

IMG_6951.JPG
IMG_6954.JPG
IMG_6957.JPG
IMG_6967.JPG
IMG_6968.JPG
IMG_6973.JPG
IMG_6974.JPG
IMG_6976.JPG
IMG_6978.JPG
IMG_6980.JPG
IMG_6982.JPG
IMG_6984.JPG
IMG_6985.JPG
IMG_6988.JPG
IMG_6989.JPG
IMG_6994.JPG
IMG_6996.JPG
IMG_6997.JPG
IMG_6998.JPG
IMG_7000.JPG
IMG_7002.JPG
IMG_7003.JPG
IMG_7004.JPG
IMG_7005.JPG
IMG_7010.JPG
IMG_7011.JPG
IMG_7016.JPG
IMG_7017.JPG
IMG_7018.JPG
IMG_7020.JPG
IMG_7022.JPG
IMG_7025.JPG
IMG_7027.JPG
IMG_7028.JPG
IMG_7031.JPG
IMG_7034.JPG
IMG_7037.JPG
IMG_7040.JPG
IMG_7043.JPG
IMG_7044.JPG
IMG_7045.JPG
IMG_7046.JPG
IMG_7047.JPG
IMG_7048.JPG
IMG_7051.JPG
IMG_7052.JPG
IMG_7054.JPG
IMG_7055.JPG
IMG_7056.JPG
IMG_7057.JPG
IMG_7058.JPG
IMG_7059.JPG
IMG_7060.JPG
IMG_7061.JPG
IMG_7062.JPG
IMG_7063.JPG
IMG_7066.JPG
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri May 17, 2019 8:32 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!