TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

From Pitchfork:
Lang once again insists that the festival will continue as planned and claims that organizers have found “renewed interest in financing.”

Hope it's not Six Flags.

That would be a bad move on their part

I just spoke with someone from the park that works in entertainment and they said "It is none of our business if Woodstock happens or not". So I guess it's not as involved with the actual organizers and is more of just a tribute? Kinda weird that they'd make such a big deal out of it being the 50th anniversary then, especially considering Woodstock has nothing to do with St. Louis.

It's just a themed event. The themed Mardi Gras event had no involvement with anyone who organizes events on Bourbon Street. Same thing.

The difference there is that Mardi Gras is a well-known and widely celebrated holiday outside of New Orleans. I don't know how culturally relevant Woodstock even is nowadays outside of New York, but I'm sure you won't necessarily need to know what it is to enjoy it?

Everyone knows what Woodstock '69 was. I had no idea anyone was trying to put one together this year. It doesn't matter. You mention the name Woodstock, people think music and hippies, and that's as much as you need.

Yeah, it'll be fine. I hope it's a fun event, and I'm interested to see what kind of live music they end up doing. I could see Six Flags making this an annual event if it's successful.

Everyone knows what Woodstock '69 was. I had no idea anyone was trying to put one together this year. It doesn't matter. You mention the name Woodstock, people think music and hippies, and that's as much as you need.

Yeah, it'll be fine. I hope it's a fun event, and I'm interested to see what kind of live music they end up doing. I could see Six Flags making this an annual event if it's successful.

They had been requesting local bands to submit applications on FB a week or two ago, so I wouldn't expect much more than you low level bar/cover band. I'm sure they aren't paying them much.

Plus it works out well for the park that the date of the Woodstock anniversary is the first weekend after school starts around here. Probably, normally a little lighter crowd so they are probably hoping to draw some people in with a festival. They could have a dress like a hippie contest!

Going by the usual MO of six flags, Supergirl will be open on Memorial Weekend. Good to see that it's already operational and running great a couple weeks ahead of time. Fling was my favorite flat, so I'm excited to ride this. It looks like this goes higher than Fling?

Any thoughts on the Flash Pass for this park? What are the crowd levels like for Tuesdays in June? What do the merge points look like? Do you just go through the exit, or do you have to wait for row lines with the stand-by people?

Thanks for the help.

Almost none of the rides have a merge point with Flash Pass. You either go through exits or you enter the stations at a different door than the normal entrance and exit.

I didn't get any pics, and I don't see any posted online, but Supergirl's area is pretty much completed. The queue is shaded and has some minor themeing in it- it's similar to Superman's queue with some stories about Supergirl posted on large billboards. The billboards have fake blue kryptonite (?) around them. The side of Primo's Pizza was repainted with a light blue shade to match the ride. There's also a huge cutout of Supergirl above the ride's entrance.

All in all, for a relatively minor addition I think the park did a great job making the ride fit into the area as much as possible. The ride was testing this weekend and it looks like a ton of fun. I think it'll be a popular addition to the park, especially as a replacement for Highland Fling.

Any thoughts on the Flash Pass for this park? What are the crowd levels like for Tuesdays in June? What do the merge points look like? Do you just go through the exit, or do you have to wait for row lines with the stand-by people?

Thanks for the help.

Unless you're looking to re-ride the shit out of everything, I don't think you'll want to spend your money on Flash Pass. Coaster wise, I suggest going to Mr. Freeze first. Ride it at least twice. Go to Boomerang and get that out of the way. After that, everything will be pretty easy to ride several times. If Freeze's line picks up and doesn't thin out much during the day hit it up within the last half hour and it will likely be walk-on.

It's a cool park, but it's pretty small. There will be no rush if you have all day.

Try my formula when you ride The Boss:

Middle Car

Front Seat

Lean Forward

Grab the bar

Hold on

Don't waste your time with the Moon Cars.

Justice League is 1st gen run of the Mill. If you want to ride it, do it early.

Get a ride on Screaming Eagle at night. Avoid the wheel seats for the best experience.

American Thunder is awesome.

For food, I suggest the Coney Dogs or whatever it's called, by the Palace Theater. JB's is always a decent option. Of course, avoid high volume food times.

The billboards have fake blue kryptonite (?) around them.

I think those are supposed to be crystals like the Fortress of Solitude.

Thanks for the correction, I'm not too hip on all the Supergirl mythology

Since nobody's said it here yet, Supergirl Sky Flyer opens to the public on May 27!
Nobody has said that it opens on the 27th because it opens on the 25th with Membership Preview being on the 24th.

Yeah my bad, I totally mixed up that date and Memorial Day for some reason. That's why you proofread, kids.

I'm assuming now Supergirl is almost done, then Xcalibur comes next.

I'm not sure how much one has to do with the other. I'm sure a contractor installed Supergirl, while the park maintenance team refurbishes Xcalibur.