La Ronde Discussion Thread

P. 119 - Chaos Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: La Ronde Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Define “the worst”. La Ronde is the worst every day.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby logrog04 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:43 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:I was expecting this announcement too. So as of 2019, the only Six Flags parks without super loops are Magic Mountain and Mexico - and that's even including Frontier City and Darien Lake.

Watch for those 2020 announcements next year... lol. They have to finish what they started!

And Great Adventure, this super loop is a relocation!
Home Parks: Six Flags New England & Six Flags Great Escape
The Comet is the best!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mary.pesik » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:03 pm

I'd like La Ronde to have DC theming. Vampire could be rethemed to Batman, there'd be a Grid ride, a Wonder Woman ride, a Superman ride, a Cyborg ride, a The Joker ride, a Harley Quinn ride...

:nina:
THE GRID

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 09, 2019 9:10 am

Does anyone know a reason why La Ronde is closed on Saturday May 25? It seems very strange since it's now open on weekends except this date.

I fully expect the answer to be "because it's La Ronde" but was curious if there was something going on in the city.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu May 09, 2019 12:06 pm

^ Maybe the park has been hired for a private company event. And they wanted that Saturday.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:14 am

mary.pesik wrote:I'd like La Ronde to have DC theming. Vampire could be rethemed to Batman, there'd be a Grid ride, a Wonder Woman ride, a Superman ride, a Cyborg ride, a The Joker ride, a Harley Quinn ride...

I think Vampire was planned to be Batman: The Ride, but due to licensing issues it didn't work out.

Does anyone know if this park got free wifi like other Six Flags parks this year? I might need it as my phone plan doesn't have out of the country service.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:19 am

DarienPoint wrote:
mary.pesik wrote:I'd like La Ronde to have DC theming. Vampire could be rethemed to Batman, there'd be a Grid ride, a Wonder Woman ride, a Superman ride, a Cyborg ride, a The Joker ride, a Harley Quinn ride...

I think Vampire was planned to be Batman: The Ride, but due to licensing issues it didn't work out.

Does anyone know if this park got free wifi like other Six Flags parks this year? I might need it as my phone plan doesn't have out of the country service.

La Ronde does have WiFi, it pretty much works everywhere the only place I had connection issues was near Le Vampire.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:08 pm

That's awesome, thanks! I'm going Wednesday, how will lines be?
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby 3Mutts » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:44 pm

DarienPoint wrote:That's awesome, thanks! I'm going Wednesday, how will lines be?

Bad probably. La Ronde has awful operations and unlike other parks there really isn't a slow day since its extremely easy to get to via the Metro. Also if you don't have a platinum or diamond membership I highly recommend getting one, La Ronde has a stupid entrance system where you have to wait in this hour long line because of how inefficient they are but if you have at least a platinum membership you can use the member entrance and skip the entrance line. This allows you a good two or three hours before everyone else gets in to do what ever you want.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby fraroc » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:50 pm

I never knew why Six Flags doesn't just rename La Ronde "Six Flags Over Canada" or something like that.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!