TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

Some items from me -

I'm glad that Knoebels is going to add a new flat ride ride this year to make up for the Over the Top attraction that I never got to ride.

While I love playing Fascination I also love to play Pokereno. While Fascination is fifty cents a play, Pokereno is anywhere from a quarter to a dollar a play, depending how much you're willing to bet to win for more tickets. I play for high stakes.

If you don't agree with the increase ticket price for each attraction, then get an all-you-can-ride wristband! You can thank me later.

I will be going to Knoebels this summer and I'm planning on spending two days inside that park.

"When you lose weight, the riding season becomes great!!!"

^ Weekend visits (unless you go towards the beginning or end of the year) take away the wristband. But the value is still incredible even with the ride prices going up from last year. We were there open to close. We were basically eating or experiencing an attraction (ride, Fascination, mini golf, etc) at all times and it still came in less than several major theme parks.

As long as Knoebels keeps being Knoebels, I'll pay it.

• 2 weeks later...

Knoebles has officially opened! (Like 3 days ago but who's keeping track )

Did anyone attend during opening weekend by any chance? Anything to note?

Can't wait to get back here some point this summer

Potato Cakes stand moved; it's right next to the frog flinging game now on the main path in.

Downdraft updated, looks nice.

Second Guest Services booth where the old food stand on the main path was (the red hut of sorts).

Trapeeze is still down; tarp over the center stump.

Did anyone notice the bunch of old woodie cars behind one of the buildings on the way into the park? They definitely weren't from Knoebels, they were the wrong colors and two of them had "Left Twix" and "Right Twix" painted on the back. What park/coaster did they come from?

Did anyone notice the bunch of old woodie cars behind one of the buildings on the way into the park? They definitely weren't from Knoebels, they were the wrong colors and two of them had "Left Twix" and "Right Twix" painted on the back. What park/coaster did they come from?

Judging from the description, it sounds like they may have got Rolling Thunder's old trains from Great Adventure.

Judging from the description, it sounds like they may have got Rolling Thunder's old trains from Great Adventure.

Parts donors! Good news considering Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters doesn't sell trains with buzz bars anymore.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Pine Barn Inn?

Local here. Haven’t stayed, but Pine Barn is very nice (also a great restaurant). Keep in mind that it’s right in front of a fairly large hospital so there may be some traffic with employees coming and going.

• 2 weeks later...

If planning to do both the amusement park and the pool on one summer Saturday, is there a good place to change with lockers to store normal clothes / wet bathing suits when doing one vs. the other? Also thinking about where to keep valuables while swimming. Any tips?

They're included with your Crystal Pool admission. You get a key when you go in, and you give the key back when you leave. Super-easy.

Quickie Knoebels trip report from my brief pop up to my hometown this weekend.

The park was incredibly crowded, probably the most I've seen in years. Lots of stuff was going on to attract people in - Memorial Day weekend, veterans appreciation, appreciation for the local hospitals, first day of operation for the Crystal Pool... it goes on. Food lines were long and slow-moving, especially my favorite Cesari's Pizza, and Bill's "MS Paint Map Approved" pierogis were in high demand as well. Attractions, however, were a different story, with Knoebels operations once again showing how they are a masterclass in the amusement park business.

I mentioned this in the Facebook group - there's something amazing about the park being enjoyable, as always, despite the heavy crowds.

Phoenix got modern air gates several years ago and enthusiasts cried out in pain, but based on my experience yesterday, it's like they aren't even there. Under two train operations, trains are fully unloaded AND loaded with lap bars down for at least five to ten seconds before the train on the circuit makes it over the double-up. And Phoenix itself was running incredibly fast, at some points really throwing my little body up into the lap bar. It's still my number one coaster, in case anyone even remotely thought of asking.

I arrived at 1:00 PM but spent most of my afternoon trying out my new camera equipment instead of riding rides, so with the crowds I was only able to get rides on Phoenix, Twister, and Impulse. Twister continues to be very aggressive, at times actually slamming back down onto the track with some force. Impulse is starting to get a little bit janky in the cobra roll and vertical loop but there's nothing quite like the hang time of that roll.

Despite the limited riding, well, it's Knoebels for goodness' sake, so my visit was incredibly positive. Next year I plan to take my vacation during an earlier week to actually get a nice, relaxing, full day there.

For now, enjoy one of the good photos from the trip. It's Phoenix, right before the airtime buffet!

61374498_2597504200260266_557269446855491584_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_eui2=AeHxZeehER0y5CoTw55A-n9nuy9j8IwHejqn4hQgTQb08QpZkBe0u48O6ZMhyiXOg6kmZEqzq-u68X8jdwo6MnTZ1MbeYTu_JIJUaeh6lm8tQQ&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-1.fna&oh=67e5a5a66fc403d013bb08f9ac5549e6&oe=5D632360

I ran into a fellow enthusiast tonight at Kings Island who was going to drive right past Knoebels on a coaster road trip without stopping.

Trying to sell that park was one of the easiest things I've ever done. He saw the light when I described what it's like to get ejector airtime without a seatbelt.

Well, I apologize in advance for a question that's going to be considered sacrilegious around here, but...

...what seats on Phoenix offer the LEAST amount of airtime? I'm hoping to coerce my wife into taking a ride on this with me and the kids on Tuesday, but I know she's going to be shook to begin with thanks to the aforementioned lack of seatbelts. I'm not sure of the best way to sell it to her.

Agreed, you're still going to get some scary-feeling airtime regardless of where you sit, but the middle cars are probably the most predictable.

If you sit in the front car, the scary airtime happens as you crest the three turnaround hills, as well as right at the end. In the back, the scary airtime happens as you get dragged over each hill, as well as on the double-down halfway through the layout.