2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

Just so you and others know...

It's World AIDS Day, today.

And now you're aware, too.

Speaking of that (however a little late), did anyone see the Queen/Freddie Mercury movie "Bohemian Rhapsody"? Really a great movie, and I'm usually not into big mainstream movies. I caught some songs switched around in the movie, and later read a long list of moved around "stuff." Biggest of which was how they compiled the last few years stories (AIDS being the big one) into the last (triumphant) part of the movie. Even with the changes, still a great movie. The actors who played the band members were spot-on, especially Brian May.

What a sad day when he died. I had come home for Thanksgiving, and it was all over the news the next day. Freddie Mercury was like a freaking superhero to the kids that grew up listening to him. His death was very sad too, as detailed in the book written by his last boyfriend/husband, Jim Hutton. It's called "Mercury and me," like $5 on kindle.

^ Yes, we saw the movie, loved it, were blown away by everybody's performance.

Including that lead, woah he was amazing! And we felt there was more in the film

about his sexuality than we had been led to believe.... i.e. less about it.

Good film. And I couldn't imagine this on IMAX! That would be OD-ing, indeed!

^Glad to hear you liked it! There are plenty of fans that are upset because of a few re-arrangements and not telling everything. But how much can you show in a 2 hour movie? I almost went to the theater to see it a 2nd time, I still might. This will definitely be a buy it when blu ray comes out.

All the old Queen records are getting a good play on my computer after that movie. If you want to read more personal stuff about Freddie, there are some good books out there. He definitely had a few extremely wild years - in every way... but settled down when Jim moved in.

Here is a must-watch comparison. That dude must have rehearsed for months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XqPBEODZ4s

Well I've finally realized what I am . . .

I'm asexual (no attraction to men or women). Took me a while to come to this conclusion; when I was younger I knew I wasn't interested in anyone (not even in a playful way) but well; being a kid I had no idea about sexual orientation and such.

I'm just glad I don't have to lie to myself anymore.

Well I've finally realized what I am . . .

I'm asexual (no attraction to men or women). Took me a while to come to this conclusion; when I was younger I knew I wasn't interested in anyone (not even in a playful way) but well; being a kid I had no idea about sexual orientation and such.

I'm just glad I don't have to lie to myself anymore.

I'm proud of you, Sir.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got this, and am totally shocked that I didn't buy it sooner!

I am a Total Streisand Fanboi from decades ago. But all my recordings of her are LPs.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, heh.)

That said, this is my very first Streisand CD, and wow - she is still magnificent in her singing,

AND what's on her mind, to borrow a song title. You know exactly what and who this

is directed towards, in part. But then she is is glowing with gorgeous covers and orchestrations

on what is good and precious about everybody in the world.

She is still magic in these times. Buy this. Enjoy it. And be surprised by Barbra......still.

Walls.jpg.6417a6dba8383f5f90166e7476205973.jpg

Ha! They're playing on the radio now, a celebration of Diana Ross'

(actual) birthday date - now - and she's a Diva 75!

Song they're playing is "I'm Coming Out" which was our

gay radio show (also name of show, Coming Out) theme song

for several years on Vancouver Co-Op Radio! Started in 1978.

Lots of things never get old. And are still STYLE. Which Diana IS.

So today I found out that one of my favorite places on earth, Happy Valley Conference Center in Santa Cruz, is flying both a trans flag and a LGBT+ rights/pride flag. Considering Happy Valley has been owned by "The Church" (as we always referred to it) for decades, it's so great seeing support for LGBT+ there; then again, Community of Christ (previously RLDS) has been pretty good about moving forward into modern times with allowing women and gays into the priesthood and what-not. Of course, there are individual branches that are stuck in their ways (a couple of them still go by RLDS), but the official stances of the CoC are gradually getting more supportive, and while I am no longer religious (I left that behind as soon as I was old enough to think for myself), it's good to know that the organization I grew up in is progressing forward.

^ Very nice to read. Awesome!

By the way, I believe I had not seen what the Trans Flag looked like, at this time.

So.... I looked it up, and here it is!

TransPrideFlag.jpg.f016de167759831418ff6ea593aff54c.jpg

Cotton Candy Colors! (o:

I love the trans flag; it's so pretty! My favorite pride flag, though, is my main personal flag - the pansexual flag:

pansexual_pride_flag_1.jpg.0228fbda3152a9b08798c9e79023bd05.jpg

There are a couple great pieces of fashion that I've seen over the past couple years that use those colors, too, and I totally wish I could get those pieces to wear. I even made a tag for any fashion I find that have my flag colors.

Pan Fashion (Tumblr)

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I just remembered! This year is the 50th Anniversary.....of Stonewall!

My my, time flies by, doesn't it? What an Anniversary to remember and celebrate! We were there

in New York City in 1979, during the 10th Anny Celebration and Parade. It was awesome!

(We also saw Stephen Sondheim's original epic "Sweeney Todd", and I saw Patti LuPone's original EVITA

{and yummy Mandy Patinkin as Che Guevara} on Broadway, too. But that's another story.

But - omomomG! I just remembered more! We were also there in 1989 for the 20th ANNY of Stonewall!

Along with our Square Dance club for their NY con. And....I finally met Mr.Sondheim, face to face, at

his home. But....that's Another Story, hee hee. I gotta lotta them!)

Looking forward to June - and beyond!

PrideChocolate.jpg.11f934735be67f9b128c1130d3853930.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gay but apparently also coastersexual because last night I had a combined rollercoaster / sex dream

Sorry for this random info but where else would I be able to share something like that?

I'm gay but apparently also coastersexual because last night I had a combined rollercoaster / sex dream

Sorry for this random info but where else would I be able to share something like that?

at least it wasn't about Arrow Corkscrew. . that would have us all "questioning"

So, remember how Disney released a single Pride-themed piece of merch last year in the form of a rainbow ears-hat?

Well, that hat is back this year, but as part of a huge new line of Pride merch! And you don't have to go to the parks to buy the merch; the line is available on the Disney Store website!

https://www.shopdisney.com/collections/rainbow-disney-collection

Also, 10% of all proceeds go to GLSEN, an organization that helps support LGBT kids in K-12 schools.

The Pride collection also has its own display window on Main Street in Magic Kingdom - it's so exciting to see them putting it out there for all to see!

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this on the way to Playland earlier today. Definitely reminded me of Pride Month, this month.

And it also reminded me of past work in the community being rewarded, very unexpectedly.

We had no idea this was happening for us. It was a real honour to be honoured like this, lol.

Happy Pride Month Everybody!

IMG_9206.JPG.fb9a92286ced1da9cc6a889730867513.JPG

I want to go back there and see what they've done with it, further!

DSCN0357.thumb.JPG.1de87ce528a067e7de1b51dd4a381f02.JPG

1981 - they spelled David's last name, wrong! No first 'e' there. Just "Myers". Oh well, we were still thrilled!

^That's wonderful!

Happy Pride Month everyone!

I've been out since November of 2017 and it has been incredible. I'm closer to my siblings, parents, and best friend than I've ever been. It feels great. Still VERY single though... sigh.

I also still want to tell my ultra-conservative, highly-religious grandparents soon. That will be fun. Luckily my parents have my back, which I am so grateful for. But I really do think it will hit my grandparents harder than anyone I've told thus far. #wishmeluck

^ #LuckWished.

I came out to my parents in 1971 and it wasn't a pleasant coming out.

But I wasn't written off (or threatened) by them, so that I am thankful for.

Hope it works out for you, everybody included, including your grandparents.

luckwished from me too.. but you won't need it.

you got this, and if they don't react the way you wish they do?

remember what RuPaul says: "What anyone thinks of me, is none of my damn business"

(in other words, you keep living your truth, and the loss will be theirs, not yours. . . but hopefully will NOT come to that, and so thrilled your parents got your back).

• 2 weeks later...

Tokyo Disneyland is selling these wonderful Rainbow t-shirts in June. Although it's not directly stated that they're for Pride, you can't help but think it is. (Child to 3L) ¥2,300 (prices vary by size)

More of them, and other Rainbow Souvenirs, can be seen at http://www.tdrexplorer.com

Pride-T-shirts2019.jpg.ff06e2820ebb057491719dee92f80d86.jpg

They have Daisy t's too.