TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Mmmmmm looks amazing! And like DisneySea (to me), I can easily enjoy just the atmosphere and theming of all of it, without having to go on a ride to enjoy it. And the food, drinks, and merchandise, of course. Thanks for posting all of this, Robb.

Kind of related, that I can't wait to see how the Disneyland version looks!

Are the images/footage provided from Disneyland or DHS? I realize that (in the long range) it doesn't really matter as they will both be more or less identical, but if they are from DHS, I had no idea they were this far along already.

They are actually from Disneyland but the DHS stuff we saw looked pretty much exactly the same. I don't think they are that far apart from each other. When I walked into the land yesterday, I was surprised at how "done" it looked. Pathways were finished, entrance areas, etc. They are clearly doing more "finishing touches" and "tweak and adjust" right now.

When I walked into the land yesterday, I was surprised at how "done" it looked. Pathways were finished, entrance areas, etc. They are clearly doing more "finishing touches" and "tweak and adjust" right now.

Fantastic to hear, especially considering they still have four months until (grand) opening. I wonder if that opens the door to the possibility of soft openings/AP previews before Aug 29th... (something I keep hearing won't happen prior to the listed opening date for DL)... nonetheless, looks fantastic!

Woo! The theming from what has been seen so far doesremind me of my time at DisneySea. Now, I must begin to digest how much more $$$ I will need to save in order to get my family back there...

Couldn’t care less about Disney or Star Wars but this looks breathtaking...really cool how from the pics it seems like you’re in a separate park and not just a “land” within a larger park. Very immersive!

It’s been said before but......WOW. I would like to thank in advance the brave souls who will fight the crowds during opening week and then come back to share their pictures and experiences with the rest of us here. Looking forward to it.

• 2 months later...

Well, we have opening dates for Rise of the Resistance. From the Disney Parks Blog

Timing for Opening of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Announced

Thomas Smith

by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks

We’ve got some exciting news to share today with the galaxy. We’re opening Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Dec. 5 at Walt Disney World Resort. If this date sounds familiar, many of our fans will recognize it as Walt Disney’s birthday. What better way to honor the ultimate storyteller than by introducing the most immersive and advanced attraction ever imagined in a Disney Park.

rrs2094802394823423424fi.jpg.d77e517260c0e1ec1cb44a3e2986477d.jpg

When it opens, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will blur the lines between fantasy and reality and will put guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance. Guests will be recruited to join Rey and General Organa at a secret base. Along the way, they will be captured by a First Order Star Destroyer. With the help of some heroes of the Resistance, they break out and must escape the Star Destroyer, protect the secret base, and stay one step ahead of Kylo Ren.

As soon as work is completed at Walt Disney World, Imagineers will head back to California to complete their mission at Disneyland Resort where Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open on Friday, Jan. 17.

Between now and then, we’ll have lots more to share about this immersive, multi-platform experience so keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for updates.

Well that’s only a few short months between openings of the new Star Wars attractions. Perhaps that will help reduce crowds around the opening of the land in Late August. I’ll be going in mid-end of September so this makes me feel a bit better about the possible crowd levels. Sad I’m missing the headlining attraction, but I’ll be back to Disney when Guardians and Tron opens anyway.

We had a trip scheduled from December 1-7. I am glad we changed our dates to January earlier this week. I want no part of the madness from the opening of the new ride.

• 1 month later...

It's official! I will be visiting Batuu on Sunday, September 1st. It kinda sucks that my trip was set in stone to be Labor Day weekend, but at least I get Extra Magic Hours to visit the area earlier than most guests. Even if I don't ride Smuggler's Run, the fact that I even get to see the area in general has me stupid excited. Till the Spires!

New details about Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway were released today at the D23 Expo Disney Parks, Experiences and Products presentation!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/08/new-details-unveiled-for-mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-coming-to-disneyland-park-and-disneys-hollywood-studios/

hsjguygw4iu2873.thumb.jpg.45af63f8f8fa6cfa09cbbc947a270973.jpg

As we’ve previously shared, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway—the first major Mickey-themed ride-through attraction—is coming to both Disneyland park in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida. Today at the D23 Expo 2019, Bob Chapek, chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products released a few more exciting details and sneak peeks!

At Disneyland park, the attraction will be opening in Mickey’s Toontown in 2022. The action takes place at the El CapiTOON Theater, where Mickey and Minnie are premiering their newest short, “Perfect Picnic.” Before you enter the cinema, you’ll experience a special exhibit created by the Toontown Hysterical Society featuring costumes and props from the toon world.

At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney Imagineers are getting ready to open next year. You’ll be invited to the Chinese Theatre, which serves as the magic portal through which theatergoers will step from the human world directly into the cartoon world for one Goofy adventure aboard Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway!

hsjguygw4iu2874a.thumb.jpg.044f64a449d9c8dc7e64523c9102ca0c.jpghsjguygw4iu2874b.thumb.jpg.64d3dede51bd9e680c7eb58c0ac1878b.jpg

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway puts you inside the wacky and unpredictable world of Disney Channel’s Emmy® Award-winning “Mickey Mouse” cartoon shorts! Once you step into the cartoon world of Mickey and Minnie, you’ll board a train with Goofy as the engineer. Then, one magical moment after the next leads you to a zany, out-of-control adventure filled with surprising twists and turns.

With an original story and lovable theme song, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway uses state-of-the-art technologies and dazzling visual effects to transform the cartoon world into an incredible and immersive multidimensional experience.

Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for future updates on Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway.