TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hansa Park Discussion Thread

It should be noted that the seats don't tilt straight down like Falcon's Fury and Ikaros. At least from videos it appears to be more comparable to Six Flags Over Georgia's Acrophobia, or other Intamin stand-up floorless towers, but in a traditional seating position.

^

The seats are tilting 30 degrees, but on some rides they even tilt back before the drop. On other rides you'll drop down with the tilted seats. It will be determined randomly by coincedence.

^

I think you misunderstood me: They are always tilting to the front by 30 degrees. On some rides they are tiliting back to the normal position before dropping down.

Ah ok, thank you! I read that as the seats reclining backwards towards the sky.

^

I think you misunderstood me: They are always tilting to the front by 30 degrees. On some rides they are tiliting back to the normal position before dropping down.

Ah ok, thank you! I read that as the seats reclining backwards towards the sky.

Yeah, sorry. It was quite misreadable.

In other news it would be interesting to drop like that

• 3 months later...

I just went to Hansa Park today and it blew me away. I knew about Karnan and Fluch von Novgorod, but I had no clue the park was so charming. I was there open to close and there were still several attractions I would have liked to ride like the pony ride where they give you a gun to shoot things.

Now part of that is Karnan's fault. That ride is exceptional. It's absolutely insane and so unique.

Not enough people talk about this park or Karnan.

• 2 years later...

Had a wonderful visit to Hansa Park today. 

Operations were fantastic with Kärnan and Novgorod running 3 trains, resulting in fast moving queues and the longest I waited was 30 minutes for Kärnan. 

I rode Highlander for the first time and really liked it, not the most forceful droptower, but very long drop, beautiful views and I love the on-board audio.

Kärnan was running great, and they have really nailed the show on the lifthill now, with soundeffects, music and projections in the ceiling. This is my 6th visit and I have yet to see Kärnan having any downtime, surprising considering how complicated that coaster is!

As for covid measures: Masks in queues, on rides and indoors. They were not using the interior queue on Kärnan and Novgorod, on Kärnan they used the single rider entrance bypassing the interior queue so you end up directly in the bagage area, they were still running the preshows. 

On Novgorod they had a member of staff by the entrance to the building managing the queue, then you walked through the inside queue and directly on the ride.

Two negative things at the end, Nessie was only running one train, and all the restaurants with inside seating was closed.

I had a great day, and Kärnan looks fantastic in the dark!

3B4F66F2-7AF2-48C8-BBA5-BE41E9FDB0E7.thumb.jpeg.ebc1f805359d7d032c7d07d939d5df56.jpeg

3CF1C053-8D90-4483-9149-53C582A040EB.thumb.jpeg.26aa369bf9e8c6aabce8c47c9212f069.jpeg

7C9840C5-0683-4A6D-9E65-6CF56F7F0575.thumb.jpeg.6e960f1ae6f3cb29cb939503997cdb66.jpeg
DC34BF64-21B2-46CB-AD18-75D8FC613C3E.thumb.jpeg.90120c3242e3dc7f122ffba8c13bc217.jpeg

• Like 6

• 6 months later...

Karnan is one of my bucket list coasters, so of course that's where I should go first thing, right? Or does it make more sense to go get a ride on Flucht von Novgorod first before heading back to Karnan?

I'll be there on a Tuesday, so I'm hoping it won't be too busy. What are the other cool and interesting rides/attractions I should keep an eye out for and make sure to do? It's hard to tell what most of their offerings are just by looking at the park map and pictures on their attractions page, and I'm trying to avoid spoiling too much by seeking out a bunch of POV's and things.

Any notable food options in the park that you'd consider a must-try?

Karnan will break your mind in the best way.  It's my number 1 by a LARGE margin, I mean it isn't even close.  To visualize it, let's say there's every coaster I've ridden grouped together in Dubai, alright?  Over 600 credits are all sitting there next to the lagoon at the Burj Khalifa.  Then there's Karnan, sitting pretty, all alone, at the toppy-tip of the antenna atop the building.

Oh, yeah, the pretzels.  Get a pretzel. 

Their Wild Mouse is, IIRC, insane and runs without trims. Fluch Von Novgorod is excellent, if a little bumpy, with a super fun exit.  Yes, exit.

And don't sleep on Space Race.

Some friends and I are visiting Hansa Park and Heide Park in mid-June. Unfortunately, due to scheduling, we'll have to do one of them on a Saturday (and the other on a Sunday).

Does anyone have advice on which park we should do on which day? Is one park more susceptible to Saturday crowds than the other? The issue is that Heide Park seems to have a lot more rides to experience...but Colossos is probably the only coaster we'll care to reride (hopefully a few times). Whereas Hansa Park seems smaller with fewer rides...but Karnan, Fluch Von Norgod, and Nessie all seem super re-rideable.

Would love to hear thoughts from locals or anyone who's been in a similar situation with these parks before!

11 hours ago, DBru said:

Some friends and I are visiting Hansa Park and Heide Park in mid-June. Unfortunately, due to scheduling, we'll have to do one of them on a Saturday (and the other on a Sunday).

Does anyone have advice on which park we should do on which day? Is one park more susceptible to Saturday crowds than the other? The issue is that Heide Park seems to have a lot more rides to experience...but Colossos is probably the only coaster we'll care to reride (hopefully a few times). Whereas Hansa Park seems smaller with fewer rides...but Karnan, Fluch Von Norgod, and Nessie all seem super re-rideable.

Would love to hear thoughts from locals or anyone who's been in a similar situation with these parks before!

Get ASAP to Kärnan! This ride has a really low capacity. The first time I visited the park was on a busy summer day. We immediately went to Kärnan and only had to wait for about 10 minutes. After we left the ride, the queue was already over an hour. After that, you also want to go to Novgorod, because it also doesn't have a large capacity and its line can also become quite long.

If you decide to do the SkyFly, I would recommend to inspect te seat before boarding it. Some seats have braking disks on the back and they make it really hard to go upside down one or more times. The seats that don't have braking disks spin as they should.