TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pokemon GO

Jew

I have been a bit surprised by the people I have run into. Most of these people that show up are in suits are at least button up shirts all tucked in because they work downtown. All of them about my age. Makes me feel a little less like a nerd lol

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fought an Articuno in the parking lot of one of our local hospitals, and a doctor came out on his lunch break to play with us. I've found a lot of players are college students, at least around me, but then again, Missouri State University is downtown, so that's not really surprising.

Had a much better group today along I-Drive. We had five people in my car and we met up with about 15 others and just went down I-Drive from the Eye to Pointe Orlando doing two Zapdos and two Lugia raids. All of us were successful at least once so we're feeling a lot better now! I'm sure at some point they'll bring back Moltres for me to get another try.

^ Sweet! It's great when you can get a group together like that. And yeah, I'm sure the legendaries will be back at some point. Probably not soon, but surely there will be another big event like this. It's been popular and, more importantly, has made Niantic a bunch of money.

^Trust me, I'm super anti-social and I hated having to do it, but if you want the legendaries you pretty much need to have a group somehow. I still haven't gone down the Discord rabbit hole and have had enough luck with Facebook Groups so far.

Discord has been the best in my area especially the way they have things divided up. Say I want to go to downtown cincy I pull up raid spottings channel for that area where it is closed to comments and see whats available. After I have seen what is showing up I go into the dedicated discussion channel for that area and it is pretty much no non sense just people saying when they can be where and with how many people. Groups will form off of that.

I live in a small college town so I'm hoping that when the students return for the school year, so will more PoGo players who will participate in raids. I'm getting nervous that I'll miss my chance at getting the birds entirely, though, since I'm also relying on legendary raids spawning when I'm nearby and free. Reading all of this makes me think I need to be a lot more proactive.

Since the Pokémon card world championships are in Anaheim, kangaskhan and unown are spawning at Disneyland!

Consolation for not getting any lengedaries yet I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

After about a year of not playing, I've been back on that Pokemon crack for the past three weeks. Once again I'm using it as an excuse to get out and do more walking. I guess I missed a lot of the old legendaries while I wasn't playing, but since coming back, I've managed to nab two Rayquaza -- and just got a Groudon this morning before work. While we were out on Saturday at a FEC in Jersey, we ended up doing the community day event where we just hoarded a ton of Dratini and evolved some special Dragonites. I'm kind of surprised to see it's still going and popular enough that I can routinely manage to find 20 person raids in Manhattan (funny, because I never usually see more than three or four people at a time... guess spoofing is still a thing, too?).

• 4 months later...

Bumping this thread from beyond the grave again! Anyone still playing out there? Been having fun now that they've implemented trading and a friends list -- it's cool receiving gifts from Pokestops all over the world. Also, they've been super aggressive with the special events as of late. We've been collecting and catching all those legendaries and shinies.

If anyone wants to exchange gifts or do the occasional trade, hit me up -- friend code is 6446 3072 7858.

Add me too! 5991 0066 0140 . Name is similar to my TPR name as well.

I still play every day to some extent, but sometimes it's no more than spinning a few Pokéstops and catching a few Pokémon to keep my streaks going. Now that I joined a local Discord group, I finally have other people I can meet up with for raids so I FINALLY was able to catch some legendaries. Also met someone who plays and we've met up for two community days now, which has yielded my first shinies (still have yet to encounter or hatch shinies on non-Community Days).

I still feel like I'm behind from people who started playing the first summer and continued, but thanks to the Kanto event (and multiple other events) I finally have all of Kanto but 5 (3 of which I just need a few more candies of their respective Pokémon and I can get, other two I probably need to trade), and I'm pretty far on Johto as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I still play almost daily but I've slowed down since my phone dies as soon as I open the app unless I'm connected to a charger.

There are a lot of people on my campus/town who play and post in the Discord app to meet up for raids or whatever, so team play is basically always available to me whenever I remember to bring my portable charger. Hopefully soon I'll get a new phone and my battery won't be so bad.

Oh and I do still send gifts to friends so add me at the above friend code and we can build friendship! I also always try to send theme park related gifts to coaster friends whenever I get them during on-season.

My whole family and I still play! Both of the kids love Pokemon, and with four of us in the household, we're becoming a force to be reckoned with when it comes to taking down gyms and raids.

Reposting my friend code and adding the rest of the fam's if you want them, because we're always happy to send gifts on a semi-daily basis. We love getting eggs from all around the world, especially from our coaster buddies!

- Me: 6446 3072 7858

- The kiddo: 3410 1248 1908

- The wife: 2627 6691 7415

- The kiddette: 9060 9654 0815

• 1 month later...

I'm still daily and have added 2 accounts as well and more than likely will start a fourth since my oldest daughter is about to get her own phone. Much like Chris we are a force at raids and gym takings. Coneyisland Chris, are you S1ckH4nds? If so we are lucky friends, need to find a way for a trade, we do frequent great adventure quite a bit.

I try to keep up with the gifts as I see the importance of friendships in the game, but with a large amount of friends just be patient in receiving gifts. So i'll add my family 3 accounts here as well, feel free to add us:

Daughter: Klaire1Eevee 6797 5546 8834

Mine: Coastinmiller 8055 9339 6403

Wife: Pokeycoaster 6168 9437 4662