TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

"First coaster with brakes while still upside-down."

See many, many earlier S&S models: El Loco, Literally every screamin' squirrel.

Forgot about those, good point!

You don't seriously think that would stop Six Flags from advertising that, do you?

Great reminder. With SF anything is game haha. "Cleanest theme park in the country." "Best waterpark in the country." They had those spring-signs on the midways advertising that a few years ago. And then ads in front of every urinal.

There is a strange and wonderful serenity to go to places like Holiday World and staring at a blank wall while I pee. Such needed tranquility in a private moment.

• 4 weeks later...
Anybody ever stay at the La Quinta right by the park? Looking into staying there since it's the only hotel I've found near the park that allows people under the age of 21 to check in.

I've stayed there back in 2015 while visiting. Totally recommend it since it's conveniently close to the park.

It does look like an epic ride. Been lucky to have gotten on Hypersonic and that launch was something else. Since this is basically the same, that will be a helluva ride, I imagine it'll be forceful and have ejector on that hop, but damn so short. Gunna hold off on getting there this year, will wait for the reviews

It seems like they'll be roughly the same:. According to my quick google searches:

Hypersonic XLC: 0-80mph in 1.8 sec

Maxx Force: 0-78mph in less than 2 sec (precise time not listed)

However, we already have Stealth @Thorpe Park which goes 0-80mph in 1.9 seconds. However, Hydraulic Intamin launches don't necessarily feel the same as compressed air S&S launches, so IDK if they'll be comparable or not.

I've heard some people I know saying Vertical Velocity has stress cracks in its towers, can anyone else confirm if this is true or not?

It looks like a random enthusiast with a Facebook page and a Youtube channel who doesn't work for the park posted this and then everyone started talking about it even though it's literally the only source (and I use that term loosely).

It might have stress fractures and if it does then I'm sure they'll fix it but I don't know why anyone would listen to this random dude either way.

It looks like a random enthusiast with a Facebook page and a Youtube channel who doesn't work for the park posted this and then everyone started talking about it even though it's literally the only source (and I use that term loosely).

It might have stress fractures and if it does then I'm sure they'll fix it but I don't know why anyone would listen to this random dude either way.

If you're referring to who I think you are-he's been pretty on the ball about the ride closures at the park in the past. King chaos, The orbit etc. So his rumor may actually have a slight amount of merit.

I've heard some people I know saying Vertical Velocity has stress cracks in its towers, can anyone else confirm if this is true or not?

Sounds like someone saw that Volcano closed and ran with a fake rumor about a similar ride. V2 is a simple enough ride that I am sure if there are stress cracks a couple sections could be replaced easily enough

Sounds like someone saw that Volcano closed and ran with a fake rumor about a similar ride. V2 is a simple enough ride that I am sure if there are stress cracks a couple sections could be replaced easily enough

That's what I'm thinking. I've just heard quite a few people mention it and because it was closed I was just wondering. It's not as extravagant as a ride as Volcano - there's no 40 year old mountain and twisting layout involved - it's just two spikes which I think is fixable. It's something though that I'm keep my eyes on at the moment for sure.

Didn’t Wicked Twister have those many years back.... and caused them to add additional supports for the “twists?”