Heide Park Discussion Thread

P. 120: Colossus will re-open in 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Heide Park Discussion Thread

Postby Rill'o'beily » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:20 am

I'm going to Hamburg for a week in about a month around mid to late may, can anyone testify as to how busy the park might be around 14-21 of May? I'd like to go (hoping Colossos could just maybe open by then) the park seems to be open an hour longer on the weekend in that period but if it's significantly busier than the weekdays then there's no benefit.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:26 am

^ If I where you I would go to Hansa Park instead as it is about the same distance away from Hamburg and you will have a much better day there ;) Regardless of where you go weekdays will be best as weekends are usually significantly busier.

Postby Rill'o'beily » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:40 pm

Norwegian coasterfan wrote:^ If I where you I would go to Hansa Park instead as it is about the same distance away from Hamburg and you will have a much better day there ;)

I mean ideally I'll be going to both :) Haven't done either, just have no idea how busy either of them are really around this time of year, never been to Germany before.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:16 pm

Rill'o'beily wrote:
Norwegian coasterfan wrote:^ If I where you I would go to Hansa Park instead as it is about the same distance away from Hamburg and you will have a much better day there ;)

I mean ideally I'll be going to both :) Haven't done either, just have no idea how busy either of them are really around this time of year, never been to Germany before.

Sounds good :) I don’t think it will be very busy during that time so you should be fine :)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby i305isdaddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:10 pm

Norwegian coasterfan wrote:Those trims where there before they closed it, you could not feel them at all :)

They actually added an additional trim and turned them all up, unfortunately. Compare the first POV's from 8 years ago to the new testing footage where the train crawls into that newly-themed airtime hill with no airtime potential.

At least she lives though.

Postby Rill'o'beily » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:04 am

I don't think there was a lot of pre-announcement, it feels like it came out of nowhere because checking the website for a while it seemed there never was a date (I think the date came out on the 17th so the day before yesterday only) but anyway, Colossos opened today!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:56 am

^ I'm excited to hear how it's riding if it opened today.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:22 am

Check out this video ad for Colossos. It would appear that they've given it a new set of trains!

Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Pedrinho » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:42 am

^
True, the trains are new, but I didn't read anything about the manufacturer yet. Has anyone?
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:23 am

Pedrinho wrote:^
True, the trains are new, but I didn't read anything about the manufacturer yet. Has anyone?

I think that they're Intamin, they look just like the ones on El Toro and T Express.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!