TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Heide Park Discussion Thread

I didn't realize the "original" prefab was not able to be repaired by replugging and replaying.

I didn't realize the rehab was being done by someone other than Intamin.

These facts make me less confident regarding the outcome.

I didn't realize the "original" prefab was not able to be repaired by replugging and replaying.

I didn't realize the rehab was being done by someone other than Intamin.

These facts make me less confident regarding the outcome.

Intamin didn't make the track last time. Cordes did. Cordes made all the track for those wood coasters.

Is that just the case for Colossos, being the "prototype"? Or will the other three have to basically be gutted and reconstructed as well? (Open question)

Furthermore, are parks able to just replace the running / upstop / sidestop rails if necessary?

• 7 months later...

After reading the thread and trying to get some serious information on german web site I'm a bit confused..

At first they told us to give detailed information about the working progress, but the last two entries in their blog from October were a teaser for the "new" Colossos and a tv documentary. The last "real" update is from half a year ago the "fabrication of the new ledgers". Sice then, there's no real news.

My confusion is about their enthusiasm in the beginning with the plan to share every detail of the renovation - and now they are quiet as a mouse about the project with only three to four real blog entries in 14 months.

As Parkerlebnis (a german amusement park website) wrote here yesterday: https://www.parkerlebnis.de/heide-park-huracan-abriss-geschlossen-2019_75092.html?onpage_ref=home_topnews_pos1

Heide Park will close "Huracan" before the season, bringing the "Maya-Tal" down to three rides (Breakdance, Magic and the Wave Swinger) and one food station. The closure happens because of the increasing maintenance costs and the rare spare parts. Long term plans for the "Maya Tal" are not determined yet, as a park's press release is quoted.

• 1 month later...

Heide Park puts finishing touches to the wooden roller coaster Colossos

150319monster.jpg.0c760f7fee94361ea9c7fb9dd12a355d.jpg

The German theme park Heide Park is finalizing the renovated wooden roller coaster Colossos. The spectacular rollercoaster has been out of use since July 2016. A mega renovation started last summer and is now almost complete. The new name is Colossos - Kampf der Giganten.

A total of 320 track sections have been replaced. 2 million euros were also invested in new decorations and a new background story. During a ride, passengers must compete with a gigantic ominous creature, 25 meters tall. The track seems to be derailed by an ingenious construction.

The last track section has now been assembled. The next phase will be the testing of the trains. The reopening will take place in the spring. There is not yet an exact date.

With a height of fifty meters and a length of almost 1400 meters, Colossos - Kampf der Giganten is the second highest and longest wooden roller coaster in Europe. Up to now, the top speed has been 110 kilometers per hour. It is not yet clear whether the renovation will affect the maximum speed.

Source

That track theming will not be convincing at all for a few years.

There are pictures of it looking way more convincing then this one. But I agree on that one it looks not at all convincing.

I'm just very curious if that effect even works I'm going to try to make my way down there this year

• 3 weeks later...

Wait, what was that metal thing on the first drop? I hope it's not a small trim, because Colossos, if running smoothly, was easily one of the best wooden coasters in Europe.

If those were not trims, why would they place sensors there?

Wait, what was that metal thing on the first drop? I hope it's not a small trim, because Colossos, if running smoothly, was easily one of the best wooden coasters in Europe.

I think it was a trim. If you look closely you can see one coming out of the next airtime hill, and one leading into the second airtime hill.

19A0550E-A1AE-4CEB-BB5C-9EB79E4C6C60.thumb.png.715d6249507506147f1c07d7468e1ab5.png

22ADC7D4-5A8C-4E20-9ACE-28B4B54EBE9D.thumb.png.fca0c9edb76711605eda225cf7e143c9.png

665A7AF9-F848-47C0-AA59-98B8815A6448.thumb.png.74b41ee6151fb32a1158f8ed08b06c0d.png

At least it lives. So far I haven't found any RMC to be better than Toro and I would be distraught if something happened to Colossus before I got a chance to try it.

Those trims where there before they closed it, you could not feel them at all

That's good to hear! I saw people complaining Colossos was being trimmed to death elsewhere because of how slowly it was running. I was figuring it was just acting like El Toro on cooler mornings.

I'm going to Hamburg for a week in about a month around mid to late may, can anyone testify as to how busy the park might be around 14-21 of May? I'd like to go (hoping Colossos could just maybe open by then) the park seems to be open an hour longer on the weekend in that period but if it's significantly busier than the weekdays then there's no benefit.

^ If I where you I would go to Hansa Park instead as it is about the same distance away from Hamburg and you will have a much better day there

I mean ideally I'll be going to both Haven't done either, just have no idea how busy either of them are really around this time of year, never been to Germany before.