TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Battle of the SoCal Theme Parks!

Hey everyone,

I honestly think that we should rank all of the Southern California theme parks! You guys should post your rankings of these parks:

-Disneyland Resort

-Universal Studios Hollywood

-Six Flags Magic Mountain

-Knott's Berry Farm

-Legoland California

-Seaworld San Diego

If you have any extra parks you want to include in the ranking, go ahead! I hope to see your responses!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Ranking:

1. Disneyland - The theming and the ride quality really makes it great. Also, nostalgia blindness.

2. Six Flags Magic Mountain - The coasters here are great! I think it has some really good top-tiers and amazing second-tiers.

3. Knott's Berry Farm - To be honest, I haven't been here yet, but the connection of coasters and theming looks very fun.

4. Seaworld San Diego - It's Seaworld. It's kind of lacking in the rides department, but I like the animals.

5. Legoland California - The rides suck, the theming sucks, why isn't it at the bottom? The miniland. It was amazing seeing the recreations in Lego, and really was cool since I've always loved Legos.

6. Universal Studios Hollywood - It's like a bad babysitter. It puts you in front of a screen and says "have fun". The Harry Potter land was really cool, but we all know that was J.K. Rowling's land, not Universal's.

3. Knott's Berry Farm - To be honest, I haven't been here yet, but the connection of coasters and theming looks very fun.

A park you've never been to is #3 on your list?

I'm trying really hard not to come out and say how insanely stupid that is, but I'll refrain from staying how insanely stupid that is because it may be insulting if I say how insanely stupid that is. So I'll be polite and won't say it.

Edited by robbalvey

The Harry Potter land was really cool, but we all know that was J.K. Rowling's land, not Universal's.

This just makes my head hurt. Not only is the statement ridiculous but (ignoring that for a minute) who walks into a theme park land and decides how much they enjoy it based on who initially designed it? Who cares?

Be honest, you've never been to this park either have you?

Which SoCal park is the best?

Is this a serious question?

oh, come on Bill !

How can you not love it?

(He ranked Knott's #3 -- without ever setting foot in the place!)

Edited by bert425

I'm trying really hard not to come out and say how insanely stupid that is, but I'll refrain from staying how insanely stupid that is because it may be insulting if I say how insanely stupid that is. So I'll be polite and won't say it.

Just commented very similar before seeing you had giving input that matched.

I like your phrasing better tho . . . LOL

I've been to all 6 but Seaworld and Disney I haven't been since some of their newest additions.

1. Knott's: Love all their coasters, theming, food, and pretty much everything else this park has to offer.

2. Magic Mountain: Pretty great coasters all around but not much else. Was prettier than the average Six flags but it really has little to no theming especially when compared to the other parks.

3. Disneyland and California's Adventure: I'm not really the best audience for this park but still appreciated it for its thrill rides when I went (Tower of Terror, California Screamin, Matterhorn, and MotorSprings). I still prefer pretty much any Disney World park to either of them though and I also like most of the Disneyworld parks more than MM.

4. Legoland: When I went as a kid I loved this park. When I went again I still loved it. Sure it doesn't have many thrills but I always loved the Miniland and Lego-themed attractions. Definitely not for everyone and not a full day park but it is special to me.

5. Seaworld: I haven't been since Electric Eel but I always liked the landscaping and the two thrill coasters they have.

6. Universal: This place is much more geared towards film production and the studio tour than rides. The rides here aren't bad for say but most are clones or are very out-dated compared to the Florida park.

Edited by Jelenp

The wonderful thing about Southern California is there is a park for everyone's taste. You want tons of awesome coasters? Six Flags. Amazing, immersive atmosphere with excellent operations and loads of magic? Disney. A little bit of both? Knott's.

Not to mention Universal if you like screens and Harry Potter, Seaworld if you like the ocean and animals (and now coasters as well, given where they're headed), Legoland for the littler ones, and an assortment of small parks and FECs. I think ranking all of these parks against each other is completely unfair.

Sorry, I should've phrased it better. From what I've seen of said park through TRs and media reports, it looks great. Quick note as well - some of these parks I haven't been to in years, but I added them just to be thorough. If my list seems skewed, it's just because of time and memory loss which is why I felt I would be able to place Knott's on there.

The Harry Potter land was really cool, but we all know that was J.K. Rowling's land, not Universal's.

This just makes my head hurt. Not only is the statement ridiculous but (ignoring that for a minute) who walks into a theme park land and decides how much they enjoy it based on who initially designed it? Who cares?

Be honest, you've never been to this park either have you?

Again, phrasing issue. My original intent was that the land was so well-designed that I felt a sort of culture shock when I walked into it - almost as if I had gone into a whole other park. Other than that, the land was amazing.

3. Knott's Berry Farm - To be honest, I haven't been here yet

some of these parks I haven't been to in years

So basically what you're saying is that you really lack any experience at all to be ranking the collection of parks that Southern California has to offer?

Edited by robbalvey

I personally enjoyed La Brea Tar Pits Park.

Actually, I'm quite stuck on it.

LaBreaTarPit.jpg.f7c00561bf463e003013845271dfbc8d.jpg

Be witness, to the actual birth, of an exciting La Brea Tar Pit.....gas bubble. (o;