TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I know it’s sluggish because AT&T-TimeWarner has to approve everything but I think they’ll at least done something

Again what’s your proof of nothing being done? Yes videos say Warner Bros. final approval is needed but I’m sure work is being done. They aren’t going to look to open until Memorial Day by chain practice regardless.

2019 Park Map is up. Confirming Chop Six and that it’s on the dining plan.

https://static.sixflags.com/website/files/sfne_park-map-and-guide.pdf

Park's open. Any construction on "THE GRID"? Goddamnit I hope AT&T/Time Warner approves the idea of Grid having emotion and laughing evilly...

Ok then, All we know is that the building is painted. windows are shut and blocked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Park's open. Any construction on "THE GRID"? Goddamnit I hope AT&T/Time Warner approves the idea of Grid having emotion and laughing evilly...

Ok then, All we know is that the building is painted. windows are shut and blocked out

YEESSSSS GRID GRID GRID what color is the building?

and btw did anyone know who Grid was before this ride besides me?

So I guess in the contract with Time Warner, Six Flags can’t use the possessive s anymore so Catwoman’s Whip became Catwoman Whip this season

Interesting. I haven't heard of any other Six Flags removing the possessive on older rides yet.

So I guess in the contract with Time Warner, Six Flags can’t use the possessive s anymore so Catwoman’s Whip became Catwoman Whip this season

Interesting. I haven't heard of any other Six Flags removing the possessive on older rides yet.

Yet they still keep "The" in front of Grid's name, when that isn't his official name. Even Jen McGrath called him "Grid" and then proceeded to call him something his arch-enemy besides Cyborg is. I feel kinda weird surrounded by all these people who had no idea who Grid was before this ride when I was all "WHY GRID" upon seeing Six Flags' erroneous name back in September 2018 (a time I didn't like Grid, mind you. It'd soon change when I saw him and Cyborg separate in Injustice 2.)

I wonder if this is related to why they renamed ME to Riddler Revenge and not Riddler's Revenge like at many other SF parks

The Riddler Revenge was also the name of a Discovery at another Six Flags park which escapes me at the moment. Also, Catwoman Whip was the name of the Mondial Shake at SFNO and where the Catwoman statue in this ride comes from. This ride used to be the only themed to Poison Ivy until Katrina hit. I need another Poison Ivy ride! That, Two-Face, and Nightwing... oh we already have a Nightwing again but I hate Slingshots for obvious reasons

I wonder if this is related to why they renamed ME to Riddler Revenge and not Riddler's Revenge like at many other SF parks

Yes, this is related. Six Flags is trying to become a global brand, especially in China, and the possessive 's is unique to English. It's difficult to translate into some languages, so a lot of companies are beginning to take it off all their marketing worldwide. It's the same reason for the name change to Disney California Adventure and the new movie posters/trailers saying Disney Aladdin in the same place where the 1992 ones said Disney's Aladdin.

They could make it less awkward by calling it "Whip of Catwoman".

I’m not convinced thats any less awkward except in the Romantic-branch languages (eg Spanish) where that kind of wording is conventional.

Japanese

And I didn't realize all the DC rides were without possessive. Cyborg Hyper Drive anyone? I really thought the older rides like Riddler's Revenge and Joker's Jinx as well as Poison Ivy's Tangled Train/Catwoman's Whip, nearly all the SFNO rides (Joker's Jukebox and Lex Luthor's Invertatron) and Harley Quinn's Crazy Train were the only with possessive. I mean, Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman and Green Lantern and Cyborg all had their rides without possessive.

How is Supe and WC running though? Anybody get on this weekend? Probably get up there next week or weekend.....
WiCy was running smoothly. It was an hour wait for all of Saturday though so I never got on Supe

Both coasters are running very good, better than they have in a while. Superman got a lot of train work including new wheels. It is running very smooth and fast. Cyclone is great as well and super smooth, now is the time to ride before the summer wheels go on. I only rode the orange train but it seemed to be running faster than the blue one.

Operations are another story, Cyclone has absolutely horrendous dispatches. I timed a 6:30+ minute dispatch and there were plenty that seemed longer than that. Superman had excellent ops though and the line was super short. Everything else was hit or miss, even Joker had a long line which I have never seen before. I know it is still early in the year but it is embarrassing that a world class RMC has only two employees checking restraints and half the time open the gates after the other train gets back.

How is Supe and WC running though? Anybody get on this weekend? Probably get up there next week or weekend.....
WindexCyanide was running smoothly. It was an hour wait for all of Saturday though so I never got on Supe

I just realized my phone made WiCy “Windez Cyanide :lol:

^^ Wicked Cyclone's dispatches before Memorial Day and after Labor Day are always brutal. They tend to hit their stride in the summer though.

New wheels on Superman sounds fantastic. That ride has been running like a bat out of hell in the summer the past two years.

So any update on the Hall of Justice building or is it still just painted and windows shut out? I swear, they should be announcing an opening date for this shit soon. I've been begging my parents to take me; hopefully they will. If I don't go on Nitro before it, I'd even go on Supes just out of Grid hype. (Then again that gets long lines so I should go on it first to get it out of the way. But then of course Cyborg will get long lines and I want Grid)

In all seriousness, please don't kill yourself when this turns out to be nothing more than a ride in a box with some strobe lights.

In all seriousness, please don't kill yourself when this turns out to be nothing more than a ride in a box with some strobe lights.

Come on, stop letting yourself down. There will be screen projections and Grid will be in it. It's not my fault I'm attracted to some skull robot thing just because his voice is hot and I consider what he does to Cyborg pretty... let's not go there.

Anyway, sign went up. And commence my Grid fangirling in 3... 2... 1! OMG GRID GRID GRID GRID...