New theme park for Turkey, Ankapark.

Pg 13: Park renamed Wonderland Eurasia, opened on 3/20/19
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: New theme park for Turkey, Ankapark.

Postby A.J. » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:39 am

DirkFunk wrote:Pretty wild that a theme park that was the target of grift investigations and thought to be impossible to profit on wound up being the most successful opening in history.

Also keep in mind that admission was free until March 31st, the day of the Turkish local elections.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:16 pm

A.J. wrote:
DirkFunk wrote:Pretty wild that a theme park that was the target of grift investigations and thought to be impossible to profit on wound up being the most successful opening in history.

Also keep in mind that admission was free until March 31st, the day of the Turkish local elections.

Ah, yes, election day. When Erdogan gets an opportunity to review the ballots, I'm sure that the opening of the park will prove important in flipping the unofficial results that have the opposition party winning by 3-4 percentage points to the rightful winner. After all, how could all those people vote for the wrong guy if they were enjoying the 2,117 rides and attractions?

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby OmnipotentSeal » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:25 pm

Assuming this park is successful enough to break even, I wonder if it and Energylandia will end up competing with each other for having the most roller coasters in one park, much like Cedar Point and Six Flags Magic Mountain did in the 90’s and 2000’s.
Please wake up. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this will show up in your dream, but we hope this message will reach you. You are in a coma. Please wake up. Your family needs you.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Chiselphane » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:26 am

I'm also morbidly curious how they're getting that 2,117 number. Of course it's not rides, but even if they're counting stuff like arcade games and such that's still ridiculous. I suppose the simplest answer is "it's a lie" but it's such a specific number lol

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby MartinU » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:40 pm

Chiselphane wrote:I'm also morbidly curious how they're getting that 2,117 number. Of course it's not rides, but even if they're counting stuff like arcade games and such that's still ridiculous.

Benches. Lots and lots of benches.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:24 am

...And garbage cans. Lots of garbage cans, too. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!