TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New theme park for Turkey, Ankapark.

^You're totally fine to post something like this... When we mean major news, it is typically the big new attraction announcement, major park news for an often talked about park (like any of the major US parks, Tokyo Disney, etc...) or something that a park has sent us a press release about.

This is the first we've heard of this news, so thank you for sharing!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also really strange why their 10 inversion coaster is the only coaster, according to RCDB, that is open. I'm curious to what else is open in the park and what is still under construction/SBNO.

Almost a million guests in 5 days, Kiss The Ring

http://www.attractionsmanagement.com/index.cfm?pagetype=news&codeID=341263

Pretty wild that a theme park that was the target of grift investigations and thought to be impossible to profit on wound up being the most successful opening in history. We can certainly trust this because President Erdogan is an exceptionally ethical individual with only the best in mind for his constituents and would certainly never have a regime that would demand false information being transmitted to the world at large for the purpose of elevating Turkey's stature. Just as all the thousands and thousands of people he has had imprisoned or executed were really trying to bring down the nation he is so single handedly capable of leading into the 21st century.

Pretty wild that a theme park that was the target of grift investigations and thought to be impossible to profit on wound up being the most successful opening in history.

Also keep in mind that admission was free until March 31st, the day of the Turkish local elections.

Pretty wild that a theme park that was the target of grift investigations and thought to be impossible to profit on wound up being the most successful opening in history.

Also keep in mind that admission was free until March 31st, the day of the Turkish local elections.

Ah, yes, election day. When Erdogan gets an opportunity to review the ballots, I'm sure that the opening of the park will prove important in flipping the unofficial results that have the opposition party winning by 3-4 percentage points to the rightful winner. After all, how could all those people vote for the wrong guy if they were enjoying the 2,117 rides and attractions?

I'm also morbidly curious how they're getting that 2,117 number. Of course it's not rides, but even if they're counting stuff like arcade games and such that's still ridiculous. I suppose the simplest answer is "it's a lie" but it's such a specific number lol

I'm also morbidly curious how they're getting that 2,117 number. Of course it's not rides, but even if they're counting stuff like arcade games and such that's still ridiculous.

Benches. Lots and lots of benches.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Shame, I was hoping the park would hold out long enough to visit one day. I wonder what will happen to the rides.

Chances are, they will get sold off to other parks. Don't be surprised if all those RCDB entries get updated within a year.