TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I think the people who would want to steal a cab to go to Six Flags probably aren't the brightest bulbs on the Christmas Tree.

It's a shame he didn't get to his destination to learn why you should always check the hours before going somewhere.

Ive always hated the six flag map designs. I work with maps all day, so it frustrates me that the six flags map manages to be both ugly and also not very functional. Usually, it's a tradeoff, but six flags manages the worst of both worlds.

Would you prefer something like this beauty? (from GAHistory):

They're for theme parks, not Rand McNally. Sure, it could always be better, but they're far from "ugly".

While this one is absolutely uglier, I think it does a better job as a map - that is, helping you find where you are and where youre going. That should be the first priority. One thing Six Flags could do, but hasnt is partner with google so the google maps layout is perfect. You know how some stores (Best Buy, Home Depot) have the layout down to the aisle? Theres nothing stopping Six Flags from doing that.

Whats interesting is that all the theme parks have a very similar style. I am going to do some research on what that style is and why its so popular.

Now, if you guys want to see a map that manages to be butt ugly and do a terrible job at functioning as a map, there are some NJ Transit bus maps that teams of experts are still trying to decipher.

I was on Six Flags Employment Website for Great Adventure and I noticed there hiring for a Wonder women and Batman walk around character.

Too bad they aren't looking for a Cyborg character too. I think there's one user on the forum who might be interested...

lol at the news article. You have to love the news sometimes, since clearly there's more reality to it than simply someone stealing a cab and taking it to Great Adventure. He was high out of his mind on controlled substances. He was likely on his way to pick up a load of dope, but he's probably not going to tell the police that.

There are probably at least a dozen water-parks that are closer to Great Adventure than the American Dream Mall. I really think that the Great Adventure - American Dream competition is incredibly overblown.

If you have a restaurant in NYC, and someone opens one down the block, that still competition even though there are 67,982 other ones

Except that American Dream is not "down the block" from SFGA.

Seriously do I have to go dig up the multiple pages in either this thread or the American Dream one where this has been covered ad nauseum?

Edit: Here we go. Start there and read down.

Hey, what do you know, it was you that was making the same nonsense point.

There are probably at least a dozen water-parks that are closer to Great Adventure than the American Dream Mall. I really think that the Great Adventure - American Dream competition is incredibly overblown.

If you have a restaurant in NYC, and someone opens one down the block, that still competition even though there are 67,982 other ones

But your original comment insinuates that there are no other restaurants.

GA gets another season without Water Park competition

And it's not like it's 25 minutes from the biggest waterpark in the world, the ocean. Also, indoor water parks during the summer are a special kind of gross (as opposed to the usual, highly chlorinated petri dish gross they are during the winter).

It's just not real competition. You can get a six flags season pass that includes the water park for like $65-70 bucks and free parking. A quick look about the mall of America prices and the Nickelodeon season pass is $139 plus tax. Looking at the Edmonton mall which they also own I don't even see a season pass offered but a single day is $49 and a 2 day multi park pass is $119. None of this even includes parking which you're going to have to pay for at this mall.

You can get a six flags season pass with access to both parks plus free parking and a dining pass instead.

• 2 weeks later...

If it were any other park/chain, I'd say yes, but this is Six Flags, so I'd say you'll be lucky to have it open by 4th of July.

It seems that construction on Wonder Woman is going rather quickly, would it be possible that the ride would open before Memorial Day?

This question inevitably gets asked every year and the answer is always the same: anything before mid-May just isn't going to happen. The park hasn't opened anything sooner than that since Wiggles World in 2007.

More park improvements posted on the Twitter.

Including a big one... SUPERMAN IS GETTING PAINT.

Superman.jpg.e7df7c7c36a67e5ab078ac6be7b0d8d9.jpg

I for one am excited about this one as holy jesus f*ck it needed it. What an eyesore right at the entrance.

They also mention new wood on Toro, New Sawmill/BOTW bridge, and more...

Toro.png.8f08a5da7f3bedf4cbc28c1a2aec1305.png

500836775_Mainstreet.png.914fcadc26e8e2da3fb9c2421e07623a.png