Mega trip version 2019

Here is our itinerary.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Mega trip version 2019

Postby thrillrider » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:00 am

SharkTums wrote:I love Disney, I got married at Disney...that's a lot of Disney! I assume at least on those days you'll also be having some relaxing fun at the resorts!?!?

Oh definitely!
We also have table service meals every day as well. It's nice having lots of time in the parks like this, because you can take your time and enjoy things more.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby thrillrider » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 am

Mike240SX wrote:Just a comment on the trip down.

The way you have it going, your trip from Shelby Michigan to Orlando will be broken into drive times of approximately:
11 hours
5 hours
3 hours

If it were me, I'd stop somewhere in the Bowling Green, KY, area instead of Chattanooga, to split your first two drives to be 8 hours a piece, and just hit the touristy stuff in Chattanooga along the way. 11 hours on the road (plus time for bathroom and meal breaks) is brutal.

We are actually staying in Knoxville Tennessee. Its roughly 2hours from Chattanooga.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:12 am

I love this trip, it sounds very relaxing and fun!

I have 2 Suggestions:

1. The Downtown Chattanooga Area is wonderful. Walking across the Walnut Street Bridge, the TN aquarium, Coolidge Park, many high quality restaurants and museums...I think the city is worth even more time than just Rock City and Ruby Falls. If you can spare it of course. If you do stay on top of Lookout Mountain only, please take time out to go to the TOP station of the incline railway and park (which should be free) and take advantage of the incredible city view. This spot is much closer to the city itself than the views from Rock City.

2. Kennedy Space Center. If you've never been, it's the best value/experience of any tourist attraction in Central Florida IMO. 5 visits to MK seems like...more than enough?
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:23 am

I'm not sure where you're stayin for the first half of the trip around the SeaWorld/Busch Gardens/Beach days but if you're staying on Orlando and driving to all of those spots the Atlantic Coast beaches are much closer. Clearwater and St. Pete are probably better beaches, but it can be a nightmare getting over there with traffic depending on the day and time you go and all.

Cocoa Beach and Daytona are both just a little over an hour from Orlando where as Clearwater is probably closer to 2+ depending on traffic if that's a factor.

Postby thrillrider » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:12 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:I'm not sure where you're stayin for the first half of the trip around the SeaWorld/Busch Gardens/Beach days but if you're staying on Orlando and driving to all of those spots the Atlantic Coast beaches are much closer. Clearwater and St. Pete are probably better beaches, but it can be a nightmare getting over there with traffic depending on the day and time you go and all.

Cocoa Beach and Daytona are both just a little over an hour from Orlando where as Clearwater is probably closer to 2+ depending on traffic if that's a factor.

We actually have a house rented for 5 days before Disney. The house is in the Kissimmee area. Clearwater beach is a favorite of ours, so we typically try to make it over there every time we are in the sunshine state.

Thanks for all the recommendations. As far as Chattanooga goes, we want to try and get out of there at a time that we will miss the majority of rush hour traffic in Atlanta(if there is even such a thing...lol). We have a bit of a drive to get to valdosta, so we have to keep that in mind. We were toying with the idea of checking out the world of coke if time permitted.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby thrillrider » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:08 am

Has anybody on here ever eaten at the Edison in Disney springs?
Looking for some Feedback on this place, as I am reading mixed reviews about the place. We picked the Edison because it looks interesting, but I'm starting to hear that the food is average and overpriced.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:33 am

Have you ever done Wild Adventures? You will be passing right by it
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Postby thrillrider » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:39 am

grsupercity wrote:Have you ever done Wild Adventures? You will be passing right by it

Yea, we just did it last year. We were considering swinging by there for a few hours, but really couldn't find any good deals on tickets.
I think we may wait till next year to visit this park again. It's not really a park that we are begging to get back to so soon.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!