TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walibi Holland Discussion Thread

Actually, separate from all the current above...

Isn't there another coaster they're planning to install,

using the big footprint that their Antique Cars ride takes?

A 4d Free Spin, I remember reading?

Trying to remember.

(Another coaster to enjoy, if true, by then.)

IMG_8480.JPG.4235baf3bf8d9eb2e708a63528bb14ee.JPG

And I gotta ride this again, if still there, by the time I go back to WH. A really great flat ride! Sept.12, 2015.

IMG_8479.JPG.fbb87672a60bf443c686c03354470e33.JPG

What It's called.

Most of the existing Huss Magic rides are traveling the European fair circuit. In addition to this one there's one that's still running at Marineland up in Ontario.

Actually, separate from all the current above...

Isn't there another coaster they're planning to install,

using the big footprint that their Antique Cars ride takes?

A 4d Free Spin, I remember reading?

If I remember correctly that isn't coming.

Yes it was mentioned somewhere in 2017 that a S&S 4D free Spin would be added on that location it was just a rumored option for the 2019 coaster as the park's manageress stated during the construction of Lost Gravity that in 2019 a new coaster would come.

This rumor just made sense because well the park is known to take the easy route by Dutch fans. Nobody at that time dared to say Robin Hood would get an RMC treatment, because everybody believed the park wouldn't make a decision like that.

I would say if this plan ended up in the fridge I wouldn't be mad if by 2022 or 2024 (asuming the park keeps up this building trent) the S&S Free Spin gets added to the line up. I mean the design is odd but unique for the region. Either that or tear down Condor for a B&M inverted, I'm allowed to dream.

Edit: Found the original post that was placed on this Thread that mentioned the Free Spin (Page 86). It mentioned that acourding to insiders the ride could open by 2019 or 2020, this I assume is just the insider knowing at that time a new coaster would come not sure which one. Also it claimes that Looopings (the original source) was told by S&S that Walibi expressed intrest in the product. Who knows they might have been looking for the next coaster already or this used to be one of the idea's for the 2019 season.

Walibi was looking for a new coaster after Lost Gravity. They found pictures / video's of a s&s free spin online. The park management tought this was a good ride for the park. In november 2016 they went to test it in six flags fiesta texas. After riding it they knew this ride sucks we don't want that. But after that they rode the rmc and they where sold.

The s&s would not come to Walibi. Yeej everybody happy!

Walibi was looking for a new coaster after Lost Gravity. They found pictures / video's of a s&s free spin online. The park management tought this was a good ride for the park. In november 2016 they went to test it in six flags fiesta texas. After riding it they knew this ride sucks we don't want that. But after that they rode the rmc and they where sold.

The s&s would not come to Walibi. Yeej everybody happy!

Yeah no.. The rumor about an S&S freespin originated after a radio interview with park manager Mascha van till. Stating a new ride would shortly be announced and that it would be a unique/first of it's kind in Europe roller coaster. Since she previously or shortly after that posted a picture from Six Flags Fiesta Texas, people figured it would be a S&S freespin. Because nobody actually expected them to go with RMC. A freespin would have been totally unique for europe and would have actually fitted the parks target audience fairly well.

Looopings seems to tackle a long going rumor about Untamed:

Source.

In short in english:

The new coaster in Walibi Holland is not for people with a weak stomach. Rollercoaster Untamed, that opens July 1st, will have five inversions. This confirms Walibi-manageress Marscha van Till in talks with Looopings. What kind of elements the ride will feature will be announced by the park in the coming months.

This will mean that Untamed has the most inversions of all the RMC's. This will also make it tie with Condor on having the most inversions on one ride in the Netherlands.

I really don't know if I can trust this. Looopings has a reputation they wouldn't shout something like this if it isn't true according to their sources. On the other hand RMC hasn't done more then 4 inversions, that doesn't mean they can do 5, but why do that with such a small design? I've easily dismissed this rumor up until now because I heavily believed it wouldn't be more then 3 but now looopings also claimes 5. This makes me wonder what RMC has in store for us. I don't know if I'm exited by this prospect, on the one hand RMC can make a great ride with 3 or 5 inversion I have no doubt in that, on the other hand their inversions aren't what makes the rides great.

Source.

In short in english:

The new coaster in Walibi Holland is not for people with a weak stomach. Rollercoaster Untamed, that opens July 1st, will have five inversions. This confirms Walibi-manageress Marscha van Till in talks with Looopings. What kind of elements the ride will feature will be announced by the park in the coming months.

This will mean that Untamed has the most inversions of all the RMC's. This will also make it tie with Condor on having the most inversions on one ride in the Netherlands.

I really don't know if I can trust this. Looopings has a reputation they wouldn't shout something like this if it isn't true according to their sources. On the other hand RMC hasn't done more then 4 inversions, that doesn't mean they can do 5, but why do that with such a small design? I've easily dismissed this rumor up until now because I heavily believed it wouldn't be more then 3 but now looopings also claimes 5. This makes me wonder what RMC has in store for us. I don't know if I'm exited by this prospect, on the one hand RMC can make a great ride with 3 or 5 inversion I have no doubt in that, on the other hand their inversions aren't what makes the rides great.

First Drop Magazine has also stated that Untamed would have 5 inversions as well. Apparently they're super reliable but I can't say for sure first hand. If it turns out being true then that means those crazy Gwazi rumors are way more valid than we thought.

Perhaps we'll see one zero-G roll somewhere, two rolls out of turns (replacing those elevated flat turns) and then a reverse cobra roll like Twisted Cyclone at the turnaround.

Am I the only one that really couldn't care for inverted stalls?

I do remember that the park confirmed a unique element, I'm now confident that has to be a inversion, maybe one that counts as two (like a Batwing or Twisted Horseshoe).

Also if Drop magazine also is said to be a reliable source comined with Looopings, who have proven to be reliable in my eye's, and this rumor has being around for a while now, I can no longer deny it and I have to say it's very very likely true.

I’m still patiently waiting for RMC to construct a zero-g stall that does a trick-track while upside-down (think Wicked Cyclone’s stall but more direction changes). That’s an element I’ve had in mind ever since Wicked Cyclone came out. Just a random thought.

I also find RMC projects 100x more exciting when we don’t know the layout very well (this, the one at Nagashima, Steel Vengeance the first year of construction). I love being surprised by each new piece of track put down.

Source.

In short in english:

Walibi Holland themself has also confirmed it on their official social media channels. https://twitter.com/WalibiHolland/status/1088450296785690632

• 3 weeks later...

Episode 4 is up:

So some new details:

-There are, as confirmed on Twitter and Facebook, 5 inversions on the ride.

-One Inversion is a Step-up Under Flip as the first half of the turnaround.

-The second half of the turnaround is a 97 Degree Outward Stall.

-Highest point has been reached.

-There is also a clear focus to finish the parts of the ride that connect to the park first, to peak guest interest.

-Episode 5 will show more about the themed area.

I'm happy with the turnaround, A twisted Horseshoe element would have been way to predictable here, and the turn coming down so low makes the ride much more appealing to watch. Also when the Highest point got reached this Wednesday there where also a lot of pictured to be found of the Micro Bunny after the First drop, turns out it's barely touching 2 meters in hight what seems really low. Also the next episode will focus less on Untamed and is (if pattern persist) the last episode before the park opens so I wonder how much we know by the time the park opens. I'm excited to visit the park on openings day and see the construction for myself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Walibi Holland has again revealed an element of the new roller coaster Untamed. The hybrid coaster will have five inversions. Last month, the first inversion was announced: a 'step-up under flip'. The second inversion is called an 'uphill barrel roll'.

"This is an inversion where you travel low over the ground, with a slight slope up", a spokesperson explains. "The element comes in the section after the step-up under flip, before the brakes."

150319invetten.jpg.0307b3b2e006b6f91d1e92a6f7d7532a.jpg

Source: Walibi Holland

Is this element placed after the what used to be flat turn near the end of the ride? And partly takes up what used to be the first brake? Because I had two wishes for the conversion: 1. Bring the turnaround to the ground. 2. Move the first brakes to next to the Stalls. These two wishes would both have been come true if I see the right location.

Also if I remember correctly today the park actioned parts of Robin Hood and the people who are there are getting a tour on the construction site of Untamed. I'm just hoping on some pictures.

This Looopings Article shows of some of Wilderness Theming and Untamed construction.

While hard to see on the pictures it is confirmed that the first brake has been moved next to the Transfer Stall, meaning both my wishes have come true. Also hard to see in on these is the fact that that the roof of the station on the inside is covered in mirrors for some reason.

Also this article mentions the action raised €9630,- for charity what was raised, by Walibi Holland CEO Mascha van Till, to €10000,-. For a Wheel someone payed €480,-, for a chain link €440,- the old entrance sign went out for €390,- A chain hook €280,- and there where two train carts for action one went out for €650,- the other for €800,-

^ Um, those photos of Merlin's Magic Castle in that article... is that intentional graffiti on it, from the park? Or did somebody(s) get bored during off season, sneak in, and add some "colour" to it?

BTW, that owl looks a-ma-zing!

Just wondering. I tried to translate a lot of the article,

but couldn't find any mention of this "artwork" on the castle.

MerlinsCastle05.jpg.783b573fec7f6d23a33b88d4eefad33a.jpg

MerlinsCastle06.jpg.89eaf7b44cba27142d9d96264d75ec66.jpg

MerlinsCastle07.jpg.e2a7759972d98eb891c1a4488d9c0b5c.jpg

MerlinsCastle08.jpg.b64bb84068c4e5e73f59481e48240adb.jpg

Thank you to Loopings for all the great shots of their tour of the park.

^ Um, those photos of Merlin's Magic Castle in that article... is that intentional graffiti on it, from the park? Or did somebody(s) get bored during off season, sneak in, and add some "colour" to it?

No that's very much intentional by the park. It's was mentioned in the first making of. If I'm honest it's not my style.