Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:28 pm

2019 map is up (thanks to Great Adventure History... go check them out)

2019MapFront.jpg

With Diablo and Splash Water Oasis out of the picture that chunk of land between PDC and Golden Kingdom just got a little bit bigger...

Also noteworthy:
- The former "Italian Pasta" joint by Nitro's exit is now Nitro Pub.
- Pandas out, Chop Six is in.
- Twister lives to see another season
- Doesn't it feel like just yesterday we were complaining they should revamp the old Old Country area?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:40 pm

I'd be excited about the pub but we all know it'll never be open because nothing in that building ever is. At this point I think Twister is the last Top Spin standing and it likely just got a bunch of parts from Fiesta Texas and Darien Lake so I fully expect them to just run it until they're out of free parts and then remove it. I can't say I really care all that much.

F*ck Chop Six. :lol:

Postby boldikus » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:46 pm

^ re: the pub, my thoughts exactly. It'll be open when the park is busy and hot enough for lots of people to be back at Congo and that's when I don't want to be there. Not to mention with the souped-up Ale House, the two Machos, Sky Bar, and BOTW there is no shortage of places to get booze in the park at this point. (I guess Grannys too but f*ck that place) Though it seems the little beer garden in front of the Fort/Mine Train that they were experimenting with didn't make the cut. Ah well.

Oh snap I just noticed... Wild Walkway!! Its permanent!

Postby coasterbill » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:36 am

Yeah Granny's can't decide if they want to sell beer or not. Sometimes they just randomly remove all of the tap handles and say f*ck it.

That new Main Street pub is where it's at anyway.

Postby prozach626 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:02 pm

boldikus wrote:Not to mention with the souped-up Ale House, the two Machos, Sky Bar, and BOTW there is no shortage of places to get booze in the park at this point.

Oh, God bless it. Looking forward to short walks to grab a cold beer after El Toro and Nitro.

Postby boldikus » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:35 am

prozach626 wrote:Oh, God bless it. Looking forward to short walks to grab a cold beer after El Toro and Nitro.

:nina:
Macho is literally across from Toros exit, so is this new Nitro Pub (which will never be open). Make a mental note for your trip: the best and really only true bars are Ale House (on Main Street next to Flash Pass HQs, formerly known as Liberty Pub) and Sky Bar (across from Sky Screamer). Macho near Toro has a bar but (usually) they still make you get out of your seat to stand in line to order another drink. Its totally dumb. The spot near the other Macho (next to Batman) is just a few taps with no actual bar, just some tables, and all the other spots I mentioned are food joints that also sell beer/wine.

Unrelated to beer, the park posted some more "general park improvement" updates on their Twitter.

GAdv1.jpg
Main Street gets cleaned up

GAdv2.png
It's been real, Panda.

GAdv3.png
Not really sure why they didn't just change the signage and call it a day but...

GAdv4.png
The carousel is getting touched up

Also, the construction company that is erecting Wonder Woman shared these awesome aerial photos that were shared in the Great Adv Connoisseurs group.

aerial1.jpg

aerial2.jpg

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:58 am

boldikus wrote:- Doesn't it feel like just yesterday we were complaining they should revamp the old Old Country area?

Old Country wasn't renovated, it was removed. The area that they've been updating is the old Movie Town section. Although its sad that they tore the area down, its REALLY nice to have that walkway back open.
Yankee Cannonball <3

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby VegasBaby » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:54 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:I absolutely love these rides (especially Crazanity since it's so massive), so this will be a perfect addition to Great Adventure. Lots of great new coasters are coming this year, but I hope people aren't overlooking rides like this... they are awesome.

I couldn't agree more, it's hard to describe just how awesome of a ride Crazanity is. It has been a huge hit for SFMM and gets a longer line than a lot of the coasters. I've always loved pendulum-type rides, but these giant frisbees take it to a whole new level.
Coaster Count: 220 Last Coaster: GhostRider
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

Postby boldikus » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:14 pm

ScreaminNewEngland wrote:
boldikus wrote:- Doesn't it feel like just yesterday we were complaining they should revamp the old Old Country area?

Old Country wasn't renovated, it was removed. The area that they've been updating is the old Movie Town section.

I'm not a local that visits the park regularly so thank you so much for schooling me on what is and is not the former Old Country area. Since you want to split hairs, I'll elaborate: "it feels like just yesterday we were complaining about a useless dead end and a dilapidated & neglected area located right in the center of the park that was just ripe for something amazing and wow f*ckin sh*t just look at where we are now!"

My sincerest apologies for referring to it as "the old Old Country area" and setting off your triggers. I hate to break it to you, but with JLBFM and Cyborg in, besides that path that connects Metropolis to Adventure Alley - this right here is just about all that's left of the former Old Country:

OldCountry.jpg

Considering what is left I think we can safely say they have revamped/replaced/removed/whatever a good chunk of the old Old Country area.

OldCountry2.jpg

Yeah, not much left.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby jamesinclair » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:04 am

Ive always hated the six flag map designs. I work with maps all day, so it frustrates me that the six flags map manages to be both ugly and also not very functional. Usually, it's a tradeoff, but six flags manages the worst of both worlds.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!