TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I feel pity for the Minnesotan coaster enthusiasts... even the super landlocked Nickelodeon Universe has a higher chance of getting a new coaster than Valleyfair. If a Zierer Tivoli does have to be replaced, whatever goes in its relative spot has to be even better.

I am actually ok with it because we get to ride a top 50 coaster in the world(In my opinion) With basically no line the entire season

Valleyfair pretty much confirmed that they aren't getting any major additions any time soon. This comment was on a recent facebook livestream:

I think VF is headed in the right direction. Is it the direction enthusiasts want? No. But what do we know about running amusement parks? The reason I say this is because we are not the target audience. Families, who spend money on food, games, etc are more valuable to the park profit wise than your typical season passholder who goes 50+ times a year. While im sure everyone would want a new coaster, we have already had immense expansions in the previous years in a considerably short time. That's better than nothing.

I feel pity for the Minnesotan coaster enthusiasts

They'll get over it. Despite living in a frozen tundra it's the only place in America outside of Florida or California where you can ride coasters and an epic log flume 365 days a year. That's a nice consolation prize for having new coaster additions that are few and far between. Mall of America is awesome and Valleyfair is a very nice park that has actually received a decent amount of new additions lately (albeit mostly flat rides and one epic and utterly unique seven story loop roller coaster).

Edited by coasterbill

^

Nick Universe’s operations aren’t that bad, I’ve seen them dispatch rides fairly quickly when they are fully staffed.

As for the direction the park seems to be moving in, it seems to be the best business choice and I’m fine with it. Despite what a few dozen coaster enthusiasts think about Valleyfair, most of the general public seems to like the park just fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Valleyfair recently announced a new Peanuts Celebration event which reflects what was said in the recent Cedar Fair conference call about the company focusing on new events instead of rides. In the event's announcement, the park said there would be shows at the superior stage, Loon Landing stage, and Peanuts Pavilion. I've never heard of any of these places before, and it doesn't look like there are any new permits indicating that Valleyfair is building new stages. Has anyone heard of these places before?

I drove by the park this morning and did not see any flooding from the road, though there is still a decent amount of snow on the ground so there could be flooding in the near future.

^ The latest construction permit issued for Valleyfair is a 'Plumbing/Icee-Coke' valued at $11,000. With another one out there for a $75,000 'Icee-Coke/Building' the digging may be for that plumbing. Possibly followed by a new refill station there. Hopefully it is for something more fun than that but that would me my guess for now.

Just checked for any new building permits issued for VF and there are four new ones. One for ICEE on a Stick , $5,000 for plumbing. Another two for new commercial buildings, one for $9,500 and one for $30,000 with no details in the permit to tell us what or where. And also one with no dollar value attached to it (or description of which one) but has the title of BATHROOM REMODEL (couldn't ALL CF parks use this? ). These along with re-tracking High Roller (and hopefully a new paint job) means they are at least still improving things in an 'off year'. Still on the lookout/hoping to see a road construction permit for the back of the park.

I just checked the permits and there is another new permit that is also unlabeled other than "Commercial Buildings", with a value of about $25,000.

Also I wonder how this possible large amounts of snow at the end of this week will affect the preparation for the new season, and if the opening day will be pushed back.

And one question. Do they usually wait this long to list the season pass nights, or has anyone heard anything about them not doing it this year.