TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movie Park Germany Discussion Thread

• 2 months later...

Take a first look to this new and realy good themed attraction "Excalibur - Secrets of the Dark Forest" aka Mystery River.

The attraction opens formal on monday 7th may. Check out our 360° experience of this Intamin Rapid River with a new look.

By the way - IMAscore new soundtrack of this attraction is a master piece

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Movie Park Germany announces new themed area

080119adventurebae1.jpg.de9a4e266fe420fff270bbf1d6e04197.jpg

Movie Park Germany is opening a new themed area this year, dedicated to the well-known animated series PAW Patrol. There are several children's attractions, including a truck ride and a playground. The themed area is called Adventure Bay.

"With new attractions, many details and interactive elements, the place from the Nickelodeon TV series is being brought to life", says the German movie park. The opening takes place in the spring. Adventure Bay will be located in the existing Nickland park section, between a snack restaurant and the entrance to the Excalibur rapids ride.

One of the new attractions will be a convoy ride from the Italian manufacturer Zamperla. There will also be a playground with interactive elements. Furthermore, the existing children's attraction Swiper's Sweeper - based on the Dora children's series - will be moved to the new area. The ride will be called Zuma's Zoomer. The eye-catcher will be a fifteen-meter-high tower, which will serve as a meet-and-greet location.

The Dutch Leisure Expert Group is responsible for the design. Movie Park also works with Nickelodeon Experience Design from American Florida and the Spanish decoration company Rocas & Design. The area will have an area of 1800 square meters.

The Canadian-American animated series PAW Patrol has been broadcast since 2013 by children's channel Nickelodeon. The story is about a rescue team with seven heroic puppies. There are now 130 episodes made.

080119adventurebae2.jpg.a403bae39227c66e62e6ad657f06f593.jpg

Source

• 2 months later...

Big refurbishment for waterride Bermuda Triangle

140319achter1.jpg.b515a119467d2981ce4f1ec01ca1e032.jpg

Movie Park Germany is going to renovate the famous waterride Bermuda Triangle - Alien Encounter. The popular attraction, which has been struggling with overdue maintenance for years, is closed until June for a major makeover. The interior and the exterior are thereby tackled. The water attraction will be called Area 51 - Top Secret from next summer.

Since its opening in 1996, the Bermuda Triangle has been dominated by the infamous Bermuda Triangle in the Atlantic, where, according to stories, aliens are active. The attraction will soon revolve around the mysterious American military base Area 51, located in the Nevada desert.

Now the attraction still looks like a huge volcano. "The volcano will disappear", marketing director Manuel Prossotowicz says. "Visitors go back to the early fifties, where they discover the secret behind Area 51. The US government invites them to an open day on the military base. In this way, they want to prove that there is nothing true about rumors about supernatural life forms."

Movie Park has engaged media companies IMAscore and IMAmedia for composing a new soundtrack and installing new effects. "The concept comes from our own creative department," says Prossotowicz. The reopening is planned for the start of the summer holidays.

Source

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Area 51 was open today. The sign out front said it was being soft opened.

In other news, I've confirmed no one should ever trust my opinion if a wood coaster is smooth. Bandit looked and sounded awful, but I didn't find it too bad even in the back row.

0U8UBJ9.thumb.jpg.3c6a202e155a37d0175c567972c0ea79.jpg

For the normal reaction to Bandit, see the guy next to me.

But I do agree MP Express is terrible. It's bad even by SLC standards.

^ Ha, the guy in the bottom corner of your pic looks like he's "not quite sure" what's going on, LOL!

I did not like Bandit that much on the TPR 2008 visit. Maybe one day, I'll check it out again. Maybe.

^ Well that's better than I believe we went through. And that ferocious (to guys) drop tower ride. Quite the park. But I did get my #300 there (Backyardigans: Mission To Mars, YAY!), and The Best Pic of me on any ride, any where, has to be the one below. Genuine terror on a wild mouse, and not for the camera either, LOL. Fun times.

movieparkgermany40_288.jpg.f4191d914b83a514e6d6bcc7f2f0bd8a.jpg

Thank you Robb (?) for taking the pic! (o: TPR 2008 Europe Tour.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone updated pictures of the Area 51 ride? I read some tima ago that that volcano has disappeard, but I like to see the new theming.

And: How is the park in general? I read mixed reviews, from awful up to "do it if you are in the proximity". None of them said, the park would be worth a single trip. And I'm not sure if the coasters alone are worth four hours of driving.

Has anyone updated pictures of the Area 51 ride? I read some tima ago that that volcano has disappeard, but I like to see the new theming.

A ton of photos can be found here: https://mp-fun.de/area-51-presspreview/

The volcano is still there, only repainted. In the queue lots of new signage, and new movies on the TVs. During the ride, a couple new vehicles, and all the projections have been updated to match the new storyline. You now visit Area 51, whereas before you went on an expedition to the Bermuda Triangle. There's also a new soundtrack.

area51-6-von-6.thumb.jpg.4682ca918020dc29cd80093a7c5bfa53.jpg

And: How is the park in general? I read mixed reviews, from awful up to "do it if you are in the proximity". None of them said, the park would be worth a single trip. And I'm not sure if the coasters alone are worth four hours of driving.

It's not awful, but it's all very average. There are 7 coasters, but only 2 are "good".

Not worth 4 hours of travel imo.

Movie Park Germany's operations are awful (early closures, one train ops, slow ops, etc), but the park has good theming. Star Trek and Van Helsing are nice coasters, but not destination coasters. Their water rides/dark rides are quite good though.

I also have some photos of Area 51.

IMG_9350.thumb.JPG.9c65bf9069e828114c2dbb5f0ac8f99f.JPG

IMG_9352.thumb.JPG.98994f8f190d839774cc77ca141b4140.JPG

^

Thanks for the quick replies. I even saw that first picture.

But I was so sure that I read the words "we get rid of the volcano", so i assumed that they will put away the mountain and make some other building for the dark ride sections. So I thought, this picture was "old" and before the renovation!

Okay, and that's what I get to hear when people are talking about the park. Too bad.

I agree with what others have said. It's a good park, but with so much other greatness nearby it would be hard to recommend going there over another park. Now, they're on the right track with Star Trek and if they can RMC that god awful woodie then it all of a sudden really becomes a destination!

• 8 months later...

The park has finally found a new theme for its SLC. Only took them 16 seasons.

The ride will be themed to Lucky Luke from next season, and has already been repainted over the past few months.

You thought Candymonium looked sweet?

EZvnN9qXsAAWYaC.thumb.jpg.57ac011404f162197418cff238bd918e.jpg

source:

.....and if they can RMC that god awful woodie then it all of a sudden really becomes a destination!

TPReuropeTour2008Elissa.jpg.66333609e1cb5d1d9d3a9cdd476da0cb.jpg

And don't forget that Caprese Salad tray, Elissa! (TPR 2008 Tour) Photo taken by Robb(?), Thanks.

I agree with what others have said. It's a good park, but with so much other greatness nearby it would be hard to recommend going there over another park. Now, they're on the right track with Star Trek and if they can RMC that god awful woodie then it all of a sudden really becomes a destination!

I say "amen" to this. Get RMC to redo Bandit, and the park will be worth visiting. I think the the Star Trek coaster was a step in the right direction, too.