Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Pg 67 - Zadra POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: Xcelerator4 and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Postby coastered » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:32 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I told myself I'm going to wait until 2020 to visit this park for the RMC, but at the rate they keep building things, it seems like there'll always be something to look forward to. That new Vekoma sounds awesome too.

Yes, that is also my problem.
But for now my first visit to Energylandia will be in 2020 for sure. I can't wait any longer to ride Hyperion and that RMC.
If you want to wait till construction is over in Poland, it is the same situation like in Orlando, construction never stops.

Here is a pic of the Zadra construction from yesterday.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=155342012&postcount=17538
Top 10 favorite coasters: 1.Wildfire (Kolmarden), 2.Helix (Liseberg), 3.Shambhala (PortAventura), 4.Red Force (Ferrari Land), 5.Nemesis (Alton Towers), 6. EGF (Holiday Park), 7.Montu (BGT), 8.Tatsu (SFMM), 9.Manta (SWO), 10.Balder (Liseberg)

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:52 am

Found this on r/rollercoasters, apparently (from what I can figure out - I don't speak/read Polish lol) significant portions of what was built of the new RMC collapsed in a storm.

https://gazetakrakowska.pl/park-rozrywki-w-zatorze-wichura-tutaj-tez-narobila-szkod/ar/13954031
RMC.jpg
RMC2.jpg
RMC3.jpg
RMC4.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:57 am

Between the media sensationalizing everything and the fact that I'm reading this through Google Translate it's hard to really know exactly how bad this is but those photos certainty don't paint a great picture.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: I may live in the Carolinas, but my heart is still in Tampa

Postby Kw6sTheatee » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:04 am

Oh no! Guess this will open in 2020 then, instead of late 2019... :?r
1. The Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix
I’ve ridden 139 Coasters, and have been a coaster enthusiast since 2013.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:07 am

Let's not jump to conclusions. Again... the media likes to sensationalize and we're reading articles through Google Translate. Let the dust settle.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby pawel98123 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:00 am

These three places collapsed, two of them (counting from the left) were cleaned up in the afternoon.

The wind was blowing at a speed exceeding 100km / h.
The good news: Energylandia had insurance.

Here, before and after photos

Before:

After:

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:50 am

I've come to expect to read about yet another new coaster being announced anytime this thread is bumped. This is a bummer. Was cautiously optimistic that they could get this done in time for late August- that remains to be seen, but this won't help. Glad it happened while no one was around. Looks like that area got hit by storms pretty hard...
Been you to have any spike, man?

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:06 pm

That's a disappointing setback (even if possibly somewhat minor in the scheme of things). Although I doubt it (because why would it?), I do hope it doesn't change anything other than the timeline.

Incidentally, I saw a tiny thumbnail of one of those photos earlier and clicked it just cuz it was a coaster...was quite a shock to see it was an image of destruction, and of Zadra no less....
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Intamin_coyote » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 pm

You know...

Son of Beast's rose bowl collapsed during construction under strong winds.

So if this means anything...

HA I'm just messing, obviously this is not gonna end up like SOB :lol:

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:15 am

I'm no structural engineer (mechanical), but it surprises me that given how much structure was completed already, that the 60mph or so winds caused failure the way it did in three different points. The track will stiffen the structure a bit, but unless they still have more lateral bracing to install to an already fairly robust looking structure, I am wondering if there was some type of building/design error on the structure (perhaps the type or quantities of fasteners utilized) and the method the structure is secured to itself.

60mph winds (or more) will happen again. Hopefully the completed structure was designed properly (likely) and build properly (questionable, perhaps?) to account for such things. I'd assume so, but again, just seeing how much structure was complete already and that type of multiple-point failure is a bit hard to believe... Even for 60mph or more.

As mentioned above, if SOB had similar collapse during construction, that isn't a good sign :lmao: As we all know there was flaw in both materials and design/construction, if I recall.
-Steve

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!