TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My Spring Break 2019 Trip Planning Thread

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't take time away from this park for one lousy kid's coaster at Fun Spot

Hey! It's not a lousy lousy kid coaster it's a lousy adult coaster. Get it right.

Seriously though... that coaster is terrible.

we had a blast on it when there (tho to be fair, was with a TPR group, so it was gonna be fun regardless). . those hairpin turns as it progresses were a mix of pain and howls of laughter.

the Mini Golf there looked really nice, as did the bumper boats - tho the big race car track was just being built when I was there.

I'd absolutely go back, and plan to when I'm in town for Dragon*con over Labor Day weekend.

so yeah.. . .agreed its not a MUST do, but I enjoyed my time there.

Toy Story Mania

... and you should cancel the wild mouse and reserve Kilimanjaro Safaris but I know you won’t.

I haven't officially reserved the lines yet, but how long do the lines for Primeval Whirl usually get standby?

Edit - I think that just to benefit the rest of the group, Kilimanjaro Safaris would be the smart option.

Skip Fun Spot Atlanta. Disclaimer: I'm not a credit counter. Seriously, SFOG has some good rides and I wouldn't take time away from this park for one lousy kid's coaster at Fun Spot. Maximize your time at SFOG that day.

Busch Gardens, you've probably been told already, but ride Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse first as they will get the longest lines.

I'm trying to get to 200 on Outlaw Run, and without it, after my Branson trip, I'd be at 199. So as much as it might not be a great ride, it'll pay off in the end.

Double post, but I found out that for pre-park reservations, it's three fast passes per day. I haven't had any say in the matter unfortunately, but the group leader has chosen Everest, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror for the three reservations (they don't want to ride Navi, sadly ) Then the rest will be reserved at the park itself.

Double post, but I found out that for pre-park reservations, it's three fast passes per day. I haven't had any say in the matter unfortunately, but the group leader has chosen Everest, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror for the three reservations (they don't want to ride Navi, sadly ) Then the rest will be reserved at the park itself.

You won't be able to reserve any more FastPass attractions during your Animal Kingdom / Hollywood Studios day until you've used up the three that you already have. Again, that's just how it works. So if your Rock n' Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror reservation(s) isn't (aren't) until 8 PM or later, you're pretty much hosed. The same will be true if your group leader books all of the reservations for your EPCOT and Magic Kingdom days and doesn't get certain reservations until later in the evening.

I haven't officially reserved the lines yet, but how long do the lines for Primeval Whirl usually get standby?

You'll be fine.

the group leader has chosen Everest, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror for the three reservations (they don't want to ride Navi, sadly )

These are solid choices.

At the end of the day I'm assuming you're not personally paying for this trip given your age (or you're not paying for ALL of it) so just adjust your mindset at Disney and don't try to do **EVERYTHING** and you'll enjoy your day a lot more. You can go back on your own schedule soon and ride whatever you missed.

You're going to Disney World with your friends. Worry less about credit whoring and just enjoy it. It sounds like a blast if you don't sweat the details. These rides aren't going anywhere.

I mean... does it even really matter how massive the line is when it comes to such brilliance?

I probably should've prefaced this, but yeah, I'm not only there to credit whore. I enjoy dark rides as much as everyone else, getting the credits is only a part of it. So while it's good that Primeval Whirl is never that crowded, I'm excited to ride everything else.

And for the Fastpasses, Tower of Terror is from 5:55 to 6:55 PM and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is from 6:45 to 7:45 PM (the time slots)

• 2 weeks later...

Update. Here are the plans so far.

Saturday, March 23rd - We leave for Florida, and the bus drives through the night

Sunday, March 24th - Arrive at Animal Kingdom at 8:30. Run straight to Flight of Passage, ride that, then ride around and watch shows until our Everest FastPass. Mid-afternoon, park hop over to Hollywood Studios. Ride Slinky Dog Dash (we're just gonna wait it out) and use our ToT and RnRC FastPasses. Stay at Hollywood Studios until park close.

Monday, March 25th - Epcot, all day. FastPasses for Test Track and Soarin'. Mid-afternoon is a music rehearsal (this is a band trip)

Tuesday, March 26th - Magic Kingdom, all day. FastPasses for Big Thunder, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain. Perform in Downtown Disney mid-afternoon.

Wednesday, March 27th - Universal Orlando, all day. No music stuff, but no FastPasses ever. This is the really good itinerary idea I was given...

What I would do if I was down for a ton of walking to start my day: Arrive well before open, go into to Universal Studios side asap and only ride Rip Ride Rockit. Leave and go to IOA, Hit Hulk through Single Rider, then straight to Kong through Single Rider. Then backtrack to Spiderman Single Rider, then Jurassic Park Single rider, then Forbidden Journey Single Rider. This should all take less than 2 hours even on a busy day. The rest of the day you have single rider available at Mummy, MIB, Transformers, and Gringott's, Jimmy Fallon and F&F you can book through UO App, the others just find a good time to ride or wait it out.

What I would do if I was down for less walking or didn't arrive until 9AM-Start just at IOA instead, literally just hit the park in a circle from the left, do the rides in order as long as you get to Kong before 10AM or it's posting over 30 minutes on UO app. You can usually power through the headliners of Islands in 2-3 hours even if it's real busy.

Then after a dinner meal, my school leaves home for Illinois, but I'm staying after with my family for more parks. We'll be visiting Fun Spot Orlando that evening.

Thursday, March 28th - SeaWorld for a good chunk of the day, then Fun Spot Kissimmee that evening.

Friday, March 29th - Busch Gardens all day from open to close. Drive up a little in the evening and stay overnight in Ocala.

Saturday, March 30th - Fun Spot Atlanta for like 10 minutes to pick up the credit then SFOG from 2 - 7 PM. I'm getting a Gold Flash Pass so I'll be able to hit every single coaster in that short period of time. Drive up and stay overnight in Chattanooga.

Sunday, March 31st - Finish drive home.

^If you're willing to shell out for the Gold Flashpass at SFoG why not get the Universal Express? It would make your day MUCH better.

It's still with school. While it's not a band day (meaning we aren't playing anything), we still need to stay in groups. I doubt the other 4 members of my group will all be buying that. In comparison, SFOG is just a visit with my family