Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 270: Secret Life of Pets Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: Chiselphane and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:57 am

FWIW, Universal is billing these dates as preview dates.

Preview the show starting April 13 during the select nights below:

April 13-28
May 25-27

I Love Donkeys!

Postby ryder » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:32 pm

Also, I've heard reports the show will be 8 minutes long. It can't be too much longer, because the viewing area is so small, they have to be able to cycle many shows in a given evening.

I've also heard rumors it may play after summer, into another noted season...

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby k_peek_2000 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:23 am

KBrylczyk wrote:
Shut It Down wrote:Has anyone seen the most recent pictures for the Jurassic World update? It appears the entire section after the initial lift hill and into the first lagoon scene will be entirely enclosed!! Very exciting but at the same time kind of upsetting. I was expecting an update with some new scenes added but it appears this will be an ENTIRELY different ride once it reopens.

Universal's go-to for the past 15 years. Put guests in a box, add screen, splash water, repeat. I called this "upgrade" the day it was announced. Verbatim, "Watch, this Jurassic World project is going to enclose the entire ride with screens and splash you a little more than they already did." Boom, eat me, Universal. If I wanted to watch videos all day I'd sit at home for free and watch YouTube.

You understand that by enclosing a portion of the ride that also allows them to upkeep higher end AA figures, right? It's just just about screens.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:33 am

Universal Studios Hollywood has sent us a press release announcing that tickets are now available for the "Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle Premiere Event" taking place on April 11th and April 12th, 2019.

image002.jpg

Universal Studios Hollywood rolls out the red carpet for the “Dark Arts at Hogwarts™ Castle Premiere Event,” a special experience that offers fans a first look at the new light projection show at “The Wizarding World of Harry PotterTM” on Thursday, April 11 and Friday, April 12, 2019.

This premium evening event invites guests to be among the very first to experience “Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle” with exclusive, coveted after-hours access to Hogsmeade™ village, where fans can also explore the shops and experience the land’s signature rides, “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™” and “Flight of the Hippogriff™.”

The event’s main attraction is an exclusive first-look at the all-new “Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle” projection display that brings to light an exciting new dimension of sorcery within “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.” A mesmerizing pageantry of light, music and special effects will unleash the darkest creatures and villains from the Wizarding World, including the powerful Dark wizard Lord Voldemort.

Guests will be challenged to summon their inner strength and bravery in the face of the all-consuming Dark Arts as some of the awe-inspiring moments and creatures inspired by the films come to life within the majestic light display accompanied by an atmospheric musical score created by John Williams.

Additionally, guests will be treated to a premium catered feast of foods, beverages and desserts as part of this exclusive opportunity.

A new wand will also debut in conjunction with the exclusive event, offering fans a chance to purchase this limited edition memorabilia and add to their wand collection.

Event tickets are on sale now, which includes early entry to Universal Studios Hollywood, and are available to purchase here. Advance purchase is recommended as limited tickets are available, and event nights will sell out.

“Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle” opens to the public on Saturday, April 13 and will continue through Sunday, April 28, 2019 at Universal Studios Hollywood.

More information is available at http://www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com. Like Universal Studios Hollywood on Facebook and follow @UniStudios on Instagram and Twitter.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Secret Life of Pets Ride Announcement

Postby robbalvey » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:43 am

Universal Studios Hollywood just dropped a "Secret Life of Pets" announcement....

secret_life_of_pets-560x827.jpg

Universal Studios Hollywood Takes Guests on a Whirlwind Journey through New York City in an All-New “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!” Ride Inspired by Illumination’s Worldwide Blockbuster Movie, Opening in 2020

Universal City, CA, April 10, 2019 – Adoption day is the ultimate rite of passage for every animal seeking a home, and it’s now the inspiration for Universal Studios Hollywood’s lively new ride, “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!,” opening in 2020 based on Illumination’s 2016 global blockbuster and upcoming sequel, which answers the question, “What do your pets do when you’re not at home?”

In this all-new fully immersive experience, guests will assume the roles of stray puppies as they join a familiar cast of leading characters from The Secret Life of Pets — Max, Snowball, Gidget, Chloe and Duke, along with a host of other animal friends — on the ultimate quest of finding forever homes.

“We are thrilled to be able to bring another exciting Illumination movie-based ride to our guests,” said Karen Irwin, President and COO, Universal Studios Hollywood. “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!’ will capture the essence of the popular film and invite our guests to live vicariously through some of their favorite characters as they embark on a one-of-a-kind experience only available at Universal Studios Hollywood.”

The innovative adventure will blend live, dimensional and animated characters with hyper-realistic media as guests zip along a track aboard ride vehicles through bustling New York City streets towards the Pet Adoption event and the ultimate happy ending: forever homes. Along the way, guests will face an array of challenges and meet up with fellow animal pals eager to help guide them toward their destination.

“The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!” will be located adjacent to the popular “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” and “Super Silly Fun Land” attractions.

Illumination’s The Secret Life of Pets 2, the next chapter in the franchise, arrives in theaters June 7, 2019.
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:46 am.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Dombot » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:07 am

robbalvey wrote:The innovative adventure will blend live, dimensional and animated characters with hyper-realistic media as guests zip along a track aboard ride vehicles through bustling New York City streets towards the Pet Adoption event and the ultimate happy ending: forever homes.

Hey hey hey, sounds like they're going for animatronics now! The description also makes it sounds like a new coaster, and if that's the case, that's a huge win for the park, really glad to see some new stuff from Universal that isn't a simulator. :p
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

I Love Donkeys!

Postby ryder » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 am

Word on the street is that it will be a dark ride... which the park badly needs, so I'm all for it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:25 am

Ooh, I like the sounds of this. Secret Life of Pets is huge right now, at least in my house. My kids are very excited for the sequel.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Any new dark ride is great, as far as I'm concerned. :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:44 pm

$10 says you'll wear glasses and get water sprayed on you!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!