TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mega trip version 2019

This year's trip we decided to visit Florida and of course when you visit Florida you have a lot of theme parks to choose from .So here is our list that we came up with after much thought.

Day 1...leave Michigan on the trip down to Florida. Stop in Knoxville Tennessee for the night.

Day 2...Lookout mountain in Chattanooga. Here we have plans to visit ruby falls and rock city. Leave lookout mountain by 4:30, and head to valdosta Georgia to stay the night.

Day 3...finish the drive to Orlando, and have dinner in Disney springs at the Edison.

Day 4...SeaWorldOrlando, and we have tickets to dine with shamu.

Day 5...Clearwater beach day! Fun spot to hit the newest coaster later that night.

Day 6...busch gardens Tampa

Day 7...Airboat ride and gatoland. May try to do the Orlando eye/ swing thingy at night.

Day 8...the first day of Disney. Magic kingdom with dinner at liberty tree.

Day 9...Hollywood studios, with dinner at 50's prime time.

Day 10...Magic kingdom. Dinner at crystal palace.

Day 11...Epcot, lunch at viaNapoli, dinner at taping edo(sp).

Day 12...Animal kingdom, with dinner at tusker house. We have the package with reserved seating for the night time show.

Day 13...Magic kingdom with dinner at ohana.

Day 14...Hollywood studios/epcot with dinner at sci fi dine in.

Day 15...Magic kingdom with dinner at chef mickeys

Day 16...Morning at animal kingdom, eve at Magic kingdom, With dinner at Boma.

Day 17...Departure day...Half day at park of our choice.

During our Disney portion of the trip, we will be Resort hopping staying at 3 different resorts. typically when we go we try to stay at a resort that we have not stayed at before. during this trip we will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside in one of the magical rooms, Animal Kingdom Lodge with a pool View, and all star movies.

During our last visit we stayed at Wilderness Lodge and Polynesian.

after we check out of Disney on our treck back up to Michigan, we will be stopping by Six Flags Over Georgia for a few hours to check out the new RMC that we missed out on last year.

this is actually only the first part of our Mega trip. We're breaking it up into Parts this year, the next part will be in July.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's going to be up to the individual. . but we needed 2 1/2 days to do everything we wanted at BGT.

if you only care about the rides? then yeah, can be done in 1 day. . but you'll need full day for the animal stuff too.

and the Cheetah run is only done once per day (think it was at 11am) and is highly recommended.

so If possible, I'd try to add a 2nd day to BGT.

but that's just me.

^^ Ha! I've been racking my brain, for a trip we're taking, to WDW in a few years. We're originally planning to do only two of the parks (horrors!), but honestly? I think your 10 days (or so) at WDW just solved it for me, LOL! Although we probably won't do that many days (3-1/2?) at the Magic Kingdom. Still, apart from the rest of your FL visit, the WDW plans look great!

Day 8...the first day of Disney. Magic kingdom with dinner at liberty tree.

Day 9...Hollywood studios, with dinner at 50's prime time.

Day 10...Magic kingdom. Dinner at crystal palace.

Day 11...Epcot, lunch at viaNapoli, dinner at taping edo(sp).

Day 12...Animal kingdom, with dinner at tusker house. We have the package with reserved seating for the night time show.

Day 13...Magic kingdom with dinner at ohana.

Day 14...Hollywood studios/epcot with dinner at sci fi dine in.

Day 15...Magic kingdom with dinner at chef mickeys

Day 16...Morning at animal kingdom, eve at Magic kingdom, With dinner at Boma.

Day 17...Departure day...Half day at park of our choice.

it's going to be up to the individual. . but we needed 2 1/2 days to do everything we wanted at BGT.

if you only care about the rides? then yeah, can be done in 1 day. . but you'll need full day for the animal stuff too.

and the Cheetah run is only done once per day (think it was at 11am) and is highly recommended.

so If possible, I'd try to add a 2nd day to BGT.

but that's just me.

I totally agree with you, but we usually visit Busch gardens Tampa once a year or every other. That being the case, there are a lot of things that we can skip as we have done them before.

This sounds like the best version of this trip you've done so far. I like the length of the Disney portion, really gives enough time to do everything right.

I would suggest St. Pete's Beach over Clearwater, especially if you're going around Spring Break time. Otherwise I think this trip is great.

Nice itinerary. The only thing I'd possibility add is Lake Winnie on the way down after Lookout Mountain. I believe you'd pass right by it and it has some nice classics if you've never been.

Unfortunately, lake Winnie will not be open at the time we are in Chattanooga.

We are actually leaving on March 27th.

Just a comment on the trip down.

The way you have it going, your trip from Shelby Michigan to Orlando will be broken into drive times of approximately:

11 hours

5 hours

3 hours

If it were me, I'd stop somewhere in the Bowling Green, KY, area instead of Chattanooga, to split your first two drives to be 8 hours a piece, and just hit the touristy stuff in Chattanooga along the way. 11 hours on the road (plus time for bathroom and meal breaks) is brutal.

I love Disney, I got married at Disney...that's a lot of Disney! I assume at least on those days you'll also be having some relaxing fun at the resorts!?!?

Oh definitely!

We also have table service meals every day as well. It's nice having lots of time in the parks like this, because you can take your time and enjoy things more.

Just a comment on the trip down.

The way you have it going, your trip from Shelby Michigan to Orlando will be broken into drive times of approximately:

11 hours

5 hours

3 hours

If it were me, I'd stop somewhere in the Bowling Green, KY, area instead of Chattanooga, to split your first two drives to be 8 hours a piece, and just hit the touristy stuff in Chattanooga along the way. 11 hours on the road (plus time for bathroom and meal breaks) is brutal.

We are actually staying in Knoxville Tennessee. Its roughly 2hours from Chattanooga.

I love this trip, it sounds very relaxing and fun!

I have 2 Suggestions:

1. The Downtown Chattanooga Area is wonderful. Walking across the Walnut Street Bridge, the TN aquarium, Coolidge Park, many high quality restaurants and museums...I think the city is worth even more time than just Rock City and Ruby Falls. If you can spare it of course. If you do stay on top of Lookout Mountain only, please take time out to go to the TOP station of the incline railway and park (which should be free) and take advantage of the incredible city view. This spot is much closer to the city itself than the views from Rock City.

2. Kennedy Space Center. If you've never been, it's the best value/experience of any tourist attraction in Central Florida IMO. 5 visits to MK seems like...more than enough?

I'm not sure where you're stayin for the first half of the trip around the SeaWorld/Busch Gardens/Beach days but if you're staying on Orlando and driving to all of those spots the Atlantic Coast beaches are much closer. Clearwater and St. Pete are probably better beaches, but it can be a nightmare getting over there with traffic depending on the day and time you go and all.

Cocoa Beach and Daytona are both just a little over an hour from Orlando where as Clearwater is probably closer to 2+ depending on traffic if that's a factor.

I'm not sure where you're stayin for the first half of the trip around the SeaWorld/Busch Gardens/Beach days but if you're staying on Orlando and driving to all of those spots the Atlantic Coast beaches are much closer. Clearwater and St. Pete are probably better beaches, but it can be a nightmare getting over there with traffic depending on the day and time you go and all.

Cocoa Beach and Daytona are both just a little over an hour from Orlando where as Clearwater is probably closer to 2+ depending on traffic if that's a factor.

We actually have a house rented for 5 days before Disney. The house is in the Kissimmee area. Clearwater beach is a favorite of ours, so we typically try to make it over there every time we are in the sunshine state.

Thanks for all the recommendations. As far as Chattanooga goes, we want to try and get out of there at a time that we will miss the majority of rush hour traffic in Atlanta(if there is even such a thing...lol). We have a bit of a drive to get to valdosta, so we have to keep that in mind. We were toying with the idea of checking out the world of coke if time permitted.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody on here ever eaten at the Edison in Disney springs?

Looking for some Feedback on this place, as I am reading mixed reviews about the place. We picked the Edison because it looks interesting, but I'm starting to hear that the food is average and overpriced.

Have you ever done Wild Adventures? You will be passing right by it

Yea, we just did it last year. We were considering swinging by there for a few hours, but really couldn't find any good deals on tickets.

I think we may wait till next year to visit this park again. It's not really a park that we are begging to get back to so soon.