Europe trip planning

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Europe trip planning

Postby AndrewA86 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:47 am

2-3 hours is a piece of cake for me. I drive down to kings Island and Kennywood from Detroit all the time. And that’s a good 4+ hours.

ispeed looks like xcelerator at Knott’s but with the old school Maverick hard restraints, at least according to all the pictures I could find of it.

And yeah the other is a B&M invert, for sure I have to check this place out, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:10 am

AndrewA86 wrote:2-3 hours is a piece of cake for me. I drive down to kings Island and Kennywood from Detroit all the time. And that’s a good 4+ hours.

ispeed looks like xcelerator at Knott’s but with the old school Maverick hard restraints, at least according to all the pictures I could find of it.

It's closer to Maverick than Xcelerator, except the ending kinda sucks. Katun (the invert) is super good. TBH Gardaland is the "better park" but I find it sterile and kinda bleh compared to Mirabilandia and Moveland Park being filled with all the weird.

Seriously, go to Movieland Park. The Knight Rider Jet Boat attraction is one of the greatest things ever.

Postby AndrewA86 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:19 am

Is Movieland like Universal where your just watching screens with motion simulation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:10 am

^No. Movieland is as if Universal was built by some crazy eclectic rich guy who wanted to secretly watch people in extraordinary situations. It is nothing like any other place on earth and you should definitely go.
Last edited by SharkTums on Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:11 am.

Postby AndrewA86 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:27 am

sounds awesome! Can I do both Gardaland and Movieland in 1 day?

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:42 am

AndrewA86 wrote:sounds awesome! Can I do both Gardaland and Movieland in 1 day?

Probably not because this is Europe and parks more often than not close early (like 6PM closings on Saturdays). Gardaland is a big park with a ton to do. Movieland is far less packed but you'll want to do everything, screen attractions included (not tons of em), because they're just bonkers. What screen things do they have? Terminator and Police Academy? I mean dude they have a Police Academy ride. With italian actor lookalikes to the people in the Police Academy series. This is real and exists in Italy in the same place with a knockoff Medieval Times and a knockoff Hard Rock. And the water park with the death slides that don't kill anyone because they don't put metal ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings w/nets over them but just let them fly like 4 feet in the air!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:54 am

Yeah, do not try to do both parks in one day.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:02 pm

Three posts about Movieland and no mention of U-571. You all are doing it wrong.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!