TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

40 acres were clear cut for the solar field.

Part of it is over the employee parking lot, not the guest parking lot.

And yes, there was a settlement with environmental groups as it abuts the Pinelands National Reserve.

https://www.app.com/story/news/local/redevelopment/2018/01/24/six-flags-great-adventure-solar-farm-settlement-reached-250-acres-jackson-saved/1061279001/

I have experienced the Great Adventure parking lot, and you do not want your solar panels anywhere near those drivers.

At least in central California, damn near every school now has panels over the parking lots. If high school kids can navigate them, I think New Jersey's best minivan drivers could as well

I have experienced the Great Adventure parking lot, and you do not want your solar panels anywhere near those drivers.

At least in central California, damn near every school now has panels over the parking lots. If high school kids can navigate them, I think New Jersey's best minivan drivers could as well

The issue is more with people breaking into cars. The panels would render the elevated guard towers that may or may not be manned ineffective.

Cameras can somewhat replace old school elevated guard towers. Either way, cars get broken into everywhere. It's no different from a standard parking garage. Most vehicle burglaries are from unlocked cars from owner stupidity. You'll always get smash and grabs everywhere you go, which would be pretty easy to identify on cameras or by a few extra security staff.

The issue is more with people breaking into cars. The panels would render the elevated guard towers that may or may not be manned ineffective.

LOL there is literally one tower and I can't tell you the last time I saw it staffed. Maybe the early 90s?

*And trust me, of all people who need to be paying attention to security in the lot. lmfao

LOL there is literally one tower and I can't tell you the last time I saw it staffed. Maybe the early 90s?

*And trust me, of all people who need to be paying attention to security in the lot. lmfao

I actually saw the central of the three towers staffed three times this past summer. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Fright Fest dummy someone stuck up there for laffs or someone catching a nap on the clock.

• 3 weeks later...

No matter how SF tried to spin it, it was always about money. SF always felt it was too expensive to put the panels in the parking lot. When the panels were first announced SF had repaving of the whole parking lot in their long turn plans. Trying to do that after the installation of the solar panels would have been even more costly. Then SF was able to negotiate free paving of the parking lot, but the paving was to be completed in installments with an undetermined completion date. SF was able to promise the installation of the panels in a clear cut field much sooner than waiting for the parking lot to be completely repaved. Environmentalists were not happy about the location but SF was willing to delay the start of building to panels in the parking lot as long as possible. Politicians sided with SF, allowed then to quickly clear cut, SF completed the project a little bit ahead of schedule making it harder for the opposition to continue fighting.

SFGAdv has been pretty good with getting their new additions ready to go by Memorial Day. The last one that didn't meet that goal was Zumanjaro, and that was mostly delayed due to NJ inspectors dragging their feet.

Between this video and couple recent rounds of pictures the park released on Twitter, I think this is the most they've updated us on the progress of a park ride in a while.

That said, someone should let them know about the libraries of free music they could use as a bed instead of three minutes of the gentle roar of wind against the camera mics.

That said, someone should let them know about the libraries of free music they could use as a bed instead of three minutes of the gentle roar of wind against the camera mics.

Baby steps. They just remebered that social media is a thing and set a new password for their accounts. Embedding music would be pushing it.

Like they started the video with? I think anyone into this enough to look at mud and concrete might consider the sounds significant. Certainly better than some of the potential music choices! (most of the music in coaster videos is bad!)

I’ll be visiting this park for the first time on 4/13 as a single rider. Before I drive 5hrs across state I just wanted to make sure this park doesn’t have any policies against single riders. I attended SFOT for the first time last month and I did not enjoy my experience at all. I’m not sure if it’s because the park was dead but I got a lot of hassle trying to ride alone.The Mr. Freeze coaster turned me away until another single rider came along. Judge Roy scream and Batman forced me to switch seats because I chose to ride in the back of the train where it was empty and made me move to the front. Can someone please share their single rider experience from the Great Adventure Park?

I don't think they allow single riders on the Skyway or the Giant Wheel but you should be good on everything else. Justice League, Green Lantern, Zumanjaro and Joker have single rider lines (maybe Cyborg too? not sure), none of the other coasters do but you should be fine riding solo, even the back row of El Toro (mentioning this since I know some parks won't allow solo riders in the last row of coasters) but you should sit in the 2nd to last row of El Toro anyway since its the best seat on the train. Don't bother with the SRL on Zumanjaro as they tend to ignore it and the standby line is never that long anyway.

P.S. Don't even think of getting a solo ride on the log flume, they'll cram as many bodies into a log as possible, regardless if you're in the same party.

I don't think they allow single riders on the Skyway or the Giant Wheel but you should be good on everything else. Justice League, Green Lantern, Zumanjaro and Joker have single rider lines (maybe Cyborg too? not sure), none of the other coasters do but you should be fine riding solo, even the back row of El Toro (mentioning this since I know some parks won't allow solo riders in the last row of coasters) but you should sit in the 2nd to last row of El Toro anyway since its the best seat on the train. Don't bother with the SRL on Zumanjaro as they tend to ignore it and the standby line is never that long anyway.

P.S. Don't even think of getting a solo ride on the log flume, they'll cram as many bodies into a log as possible, regardless if you're in the same party.

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback. El Toro is one the main reasons for my visit so that’s great news.

I can confirm that you can ride solo on the Skyway at Six Flags Great Adventure. I did twice during my first visit to the park last July. It definitely provides a nice view of the park and surrounding area.

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback. El Toro is one the main reasons for my visit so that’s great news.

No prob.

Lately I've been enjoying it in the front as its a totally different ride, but without question the 2nd-to-last row is the place to go. The station is long and narrow, and everyone will crowd around the front so most times you have to excuse your way past the crowd to get to the back. The very last row will have a longer wait than the 2nd-to-last and that row is not over a wheel so its considerably smoother and the ride is basically the same (forces, airtime) as sitting in the very, very back.

Can I ask one last question? Since it’ll only be the second week, are they pretty good with getting most of the rides open?

No prob.

Lately I've been enjoying it in the front as its a totally different ride, but without question the 2nd-to-last row is the place to go. The station is long and narrow, and everyone will crowd around the front so most times you have to excuse your way past the crowd to get to the back. The very last row will have a longer wait than the 2nd-to-last and that row is not over a wheel so its considerably smoother and the ride is basically the same (forces, airtime) as sitting in the very, very back.