TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where Are You Going in 2019?

Cedar Point is a "must" for me (it's my version of paradise). SFMM is also likely to happen.

Tentative trips would be Dollywood, Hersheypark, SFGA, Carowinds, and/or if there are any trips with an enthusiast group, I'd certainly consider that as an option. (The usual considerations are time off work and budget)

Friendly reminder that if you wind up going to Hershey, also hit up Knoebles. This is mandatory. If you have never been to either, and you must choose one, I would choose Knoebles.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have airplane tickets to Tokyo, so I guess I can't pretend I'm not going there. Don't know if I'll do anything beyond the attractions in the immediate vicinty (Disney, Yomiuriland, Sega Joyopolis, Dome City, Hanayashiki) but I guess we'll see. I kinda want to do Fuji-Q and also don't because it is a pit of despair.

You're also going to Cedar Point. You don't have a choice in the matter.

With the gauntlet thrown down, it looks like Boldikus is going to CP this year.

The only question to be answered then is HOW Boldikus will get there with coasterbill. (choices below).

A) In the back seat of coasterbill's car.

B) Strapped to the roof rack of coasterbill's car.

C) Locked in the trunk of coasterbill's car (while coasterbill cranks Billy Joel's greatest hits on a loop all the way form NY to Sandusky).

D) Charted flight.

Time will tell.

I'll be a bit lighter on the parks I get to this year.

Waldameer, Darien Lake, and maybe Kennywood is probably about it. If I get sent to Atlanta for work I'll probably head to SFOG also.

I've got a one month old at home and that will minimize park opportunities for the year (That sounded like a complaint, but it's not. My children are great, but need a little more time before I take them to amusement parks)

• 2 weeks later...

- Knoebels

- Hershey Park

- Phantasialand (The park I am most excited about visiting in 2019!)

- Busch Gardens Tampa

- Adventure Island

- Sea World Orlando

- Aquatica

- Magic Kingdom

- Animal Kingdom

- Hollywood Studios

- EPOCT

- Six Flags Over Texas

- And of course SDC a few times!

So a few changes have been made... Hershey Park is out because it's closed the time we are going to be there, and has been replaced with KD. And added a few parks to the list in Germany. So here is our new 2019 list:

- Knoebels

- Kings Dominion

- Phantasialand (The park I am most excited about visiting in 2019!)

- Europa-Park (NEW)

- Movie Park (NEW)

- Heide Park (NEW)

- Holiday Park, Germany (NEW)

- Busch Gardens Tampa

- Sea World Orlando

- Aquatica

- Magic Kingdom

- Animal Kingdom

- Hollywood Studios

- EPOCT

- Six Flags Over Texas

- And of course SDC a few times!

I live in Connecticut. I have no large travel plans set in stone yet but a few ideas are being tossed around.

Definitely:

Lake Compounce

Quassy

SFNE

GAdv

Rye Playland

American Dream

Probably:

SFGAm

SFA

Funtown Splashtown

Story Land

Santa's Village

Possibly:

KD and BGW

WDW

Dollywood

SFMM and Disneyland

My list has changed a little bit since October. Great America is out but Dollywood is in and confirmed for April 19th. I'm probably hitting up Adventureland in Long Island in a few weeks as well, and BGT has become a possibility for June. It's gonna be an awesome year!

Welp, looks like I'm visiting a close friend who currently lives down in Orlando at the end of this month, so I guess I'm hitting up SeaWorld at the very least, if not the Fun Spots and possibly even Universal! Going to hold off on Disney until the whole family can join, though. And depending on how much time I have, I may rent a car and drive up to BGT as well. We'll see.