TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

We stopped by SFOT for awhile today. I won't bore anyone with a trip full trip report, but a few observations.

NTG and Titan both down to one train operations. Signs up at each saying that this is due to scheduled maintenance. Good look to anyone going during the rest of spring break, especially once it warms up.

Riddler is open and running, although there is some talk about it not running as well as it has in the past. A few folks are saying that it is not reaching quite a high on the swings as before. I rode it and I really didn't notice a difference myself but I have only been on it a handful of time, so I am no Riddler expert.

Oil Derrick is open - sort of - Apparently it opened on Saturday and this was confirmed by multiple people. Today it was closed due to inclement weather (according to the sign). The inclement weather was a about 4 drops of rain and I am barely exaggerating. So who knows what is really going on.

The Spain area was closed during opening weekend due to the EL Diablo construction. It is now reopen and just the construction area is fenced off.

Chop Six still has a ways to go. Signage is up but the interior is just a shell. I added a few phots of the construction.

Nothing new at Yosemite Sam's that I saw.

We had a good time overall. It wasn't too busy due to the cool weather. The food lines were non existent and the longest wait for anything was Riddler at about 30 minutes, which included a breakdown while waiting.

IMG_3678.thumb.JPG.525951382e0c6fd0fcddaf4c12196a9b.JPG

El Diablo Construction 1

IMG_3679.thumb.JPG.93af4b2045af5611cb7208ab46d81c30.JPG

El Diablo Construction 2

IMG_3681.thumb.JPG.b45b63ee8270fa75f9faf83873fe8fd6.JPG

Chop Six 1

IMG_3682.thumb.JPG.6015f2bdb428c00c758cd432d3a5a1f7.JPG

Chop Six 2

where in the Spain section is El Diablo going? I'm not familiar enough with the layout in that portion of the park to be able to tell from the pics. (ie: did they tear something out to make space for it)?

I'm honestly surprised, as i fully expected the new ride to go in between Harley and Batman, in that unused space there. .

From that pic and others I've seen, it looks like it's going on the space between La Vibora and one of the log flumes where the old employee entrance walkway was located. Strange spot, but I heard 3 other rumored locations at some point: the area you mentioned, the old gunfight square where the Rodeo flat ride is located, and the spot where Caddo Lake Barge (rockin' tug) sat.

That is exactly where it is. I am surprised at the location as well. At one point it was 95% going where the Caddo Lake Barge is. The CLB was supposed to be sent to Frontier City but after the major flooding at the park damaged the CLB along with the Cheesesteak place and Yosemite Sam's a decision was made to put it in Spain with a new name.

There were maintenance workers cycling the CLB yesterday, so not sure if or when it is going reopen.

The Cheesesteak place has been reopened already. It is pretty good and a nice change from the usual park offerings, IMHO.

Screamscape said something, yeah, I try to read that every day. Losing a water ride IN TEXAS would be a huge blow, but let’s hope there is a shiny new RMC Raptor on the way in...

On another hand, Yosemite Sam’s was one of the 7 rides I was able to do in only 4 hours at Over Texas on a rainy day. I absolutely loved it — this darkride went on for much longer than I expected, and that’s a good thing; the sets are really detailed and the story makes for such a cute and cheeky ride! I would hate to loose a unique darkride, and a great one at that!

EDIT: Using Google satellite and the pictures Coastercowboy sent, here is where I believe Lone Star Revolution is going. Seems pretty feasible but it looks like that neighboring pathway would have to be modified to fit Lone Star Recolution in.

99583115-8897-492F-A586-8920CF89C03C.thumb.jpeg.30319b9e25a2d53282b38feddd7a6d1d.jpeg

Where I think Lone Star Revolution is going, somewhere in this area.

I'm normally the first one to dance on the grave of a splash boat but I kind of hate that idea. We were there in June and the park was hotter than the surface of the sun (all 10 days in the 10 day forecast were triple digits) and the ride had a packed queue all day long.

We still didn't ride Auquaman because I mean... f*ck those things, but the queue was full almost all day. I wouldn't be shocked if the line topped an hour.

They don't have an attached water park and El Aserradero is right around Coal Cracker and Frozen Ever After on the list of rides where the "You may get wet" warning sign exists purely for decoration or as a practical joke. Assuming they don't replace it with a drenching water ride and replace it with something that's much cheaper to operate and easier to maintain (which I mean... probably) this would leave a park that sees triple digits (or close to it) almost all summer long with one ride that actually gets people wet.

That sounds terrible

That said... it's Screamscape.

They removed Power Surge at SFFT to make way for WWGLC. My guess is the same thing is happening here. Although, I'm not sure an RMC Raptor would be considered a "large footprint" ride.

HUGE difference tho, in that SFFT has an attached/included water park.

so losing one of the THREE water rides on the dry side of Fiesta for a new coaster? yeah, that was a fantastic trade off.

with Hurricane Harbor across the freeway? simply cannot see SFOT removing Aquaman from that spot, directly across from justice League.

guess we will see.

^The rumor mill is definitely swirling right now. They key thing to watch for is some sort of announcement from the park about this being Aquaman's final season ect.

Over Georgia is removing their Shoot the Chutes. It was confirmed at ACE Winter Warm-Up that it “would not be returning this season.”

They removed Power Surge at SFFT to make way for WWGLC. My guess is the same thing is happening here. Although, I'm not sure an RMC Raptor would be considered a "large footprint" ride.

so losing one of the THREE water rides on the dry side of Fiesta for a new coaster? yeah, that was a fantastic trade off.

with Hurricane Harbor across the freeway? simply cannot see SFOT removing Aquaman from that spot, directly across from justice League.

guess we will see.

Aquaman no longer appears on the SFOT website, plus it was confirmed that SFOG is removing theirs. That plus all the surveying going on is a pretty good indication the ride is already out of operation.

Edited by Sportsdude360

guess we will see.

Aquaman no longer appears on the SFOT website, plus it was confirmed that SFOG is removing theirs. That plus all the surveying going on is a pretty good indication the ride is already out of operation.

very surprised.. . guess we'll find out what it's gonna be.. . . could be a new coaster, but would it open in 2020? seems odd to take something out of commission right at start of 2019 season, if they don't have any replacement for it.

I see Riddler *and* Joker both show as "temporarily closed" on the ride list too.. something going on in the Gotham area?