SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 626: Electric Ocean Media Kick-Off Report Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillrider » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:08 am

BintamiM wrote:
anonymouscactus wrote:Nursery was closed a few weeks ago, no mention of when it would be back open anywhere. Infinity Falls was closed for refurb but I think it might be back open now. Almost the entire kids area is closed due to the Sesame Street construction. A lot of stuff closed and not outlined in one spot on the website unfortunately. The other SeaWorld parks have a special page but Orlando does not.

I would call the park or rely on someone who lives close by :-P

Seaworld does have a schedule of when rides will be down.

https://seaworld.com/orlando/rides/

At the top they state about happy harbour being closed now and at the bottom they have the schedule of rides shut down throughout the year

:nina:
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:08 am

SeaWorld Orlando has sent us a press release announcing the Grand Opening of Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando later this month! Mark your calendars because the new land will open to guests on March 27th, 2019!

Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando.jpg
Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando

Announced today, the Grand Opening of the six acre world-class attraction, Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando, will take place on March 27. For the very first time, take a walk down Sesame Street and bring your family to the neighborhood your favorite furry friends call home. Take a stroll down Sesame Street and stop by the famous stoop at 123. Explore the inside of Hooper’s Store, then head for big fun at Big Bird’s Nest.

Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is exactly as you imagined, and with an award-winning parade, wet and dry play areas, rides, and an interactive neighborhood, it’s more fun than you could ever dream. Come play and learn with Elmo, Cookie Monster, Abby and all of their furry friends!

Mark Pauls, President of SeaWorld Orlando Parks said, “We are thrilled to announce the opening date for this much anticipated attraction and we cannot wait to welcome guests to Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando on March 27. With over 30 new ways to play and an award-winning parade, this is an attraction that guests of all ages are going to love.”

As the iconic children’s brand celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2019, this is the perfect time to welcome Sesame Street to SeaWorld Orlando. This addition is the newest must-do experience in Orlando joining the park’s famed attractions--the roller coaster thrills of Mako, Manta and Kraken and the water fun of Infinity Falls and Journey to Atlantis. For more information, please visit: https://seaworld.com/orlando/sesame-street/
Elmo's Choo Choo Train.jpg
Elmo's Choo Choo Train
Food Trucks.jpg
Food Trucks at Sesame Street
Rubber Ducky Water Works - Wet Play Area.jpg
Rubber Ducky Water Works
Elmo's Window.jpg
Elmo's Window
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:09 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Dombot » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:32 am

I'm actually really excited for this, looks fantastic. Insane improvement over Happy Harbor. :)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mine Blower
6. Mako 7. Alpengeist 8. Twisted Cyclone 9. Montu 10. Mindbender

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:43 am

Looks nice! We'll miss it by a few days. Excited to bite into some Mako nonetheless.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby jlp94 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:07 pm

Yes! It's opening the day before my visit!!

Does that mean that I should run to Shamu Express first thing? :lmao: (but actually, should I? I am a bit of a credit whore)

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:33 pm

Because of it's location in the back, I think it may have a staggered opening. Mako doesn't even open with the park as of March of last year.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:31 am

Surprised to see a March open! I am really excited to see how far the theming is pushed with this new land. It is interesting that they have the opening date the exact same as Lego Movie World, which it seems would be direct competition for the demographic Sesame Street hits.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Postby thrillrider » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:08 am

Just in time for our visit. :b
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:55 am

How do the crowds get at Aquatica? Does anyone recommend it? Is QQ a necessity more often than not? We're not really waterpark folks but it looks pretty nice, and since we might have some downtime and we're staying right nearby I was wondering if it was worth it to check out for maybe a few hours. Note: we're platinum passholders so cost isn't a factor. And yes, I see they have beer.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:12 am

I love Aquatica and honestly think it's one of the better water parks around as far as slide selection goes. It's been a few years since I went but like most water parks the crowds can get heavy in the middle of the day but in the morning and towards the end it's usually pretty light. If you're staying nearby and have a Platinum pass I'd say its absolutely worth a few hours.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!