TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

wow. .that looks absolutely amazing.

haven't been following this too closely, as it's not anywhere near me. . but are there planned to be inversions on it? or is just going to have a lot of wave turns, similar to New Texas Giant?

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 inversions iirc. A stall on the hill immediately after the helix, a roll in place of the old mcbr and a roll on the final hills to the station.

thanks! yeah, after posting the above and going back a few pages, it looks like theorized for 1 barrel roll, and two stall inversions.

it looks like it's gonna be fantastic regardless, and the progress thus far is impressive!

That drop looks incredible on its own but WAIT there's a pre drop?! I am so excited to ride it this year! NSL always seemed like an "old school thrills" park to me but they've really taken steps to stand out in the past few years with the B&M flyer, free spin, RMC, and new trains for Steel Dragon.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been lurking around instagram recently and this ride seems to have a lot of haters. Not sure why. That thing looks awesome!

I think it's mostly people b*tching that it doesn't look as good as SV, or that its layout isn't good as their predictions were, but that rings true for pretty much any new coaster.

• 4 weeks later...

^ To be honest, I don't feel that it's completely unwarrented, there was a lot of potential for what could have been done to White Cyclone and it feels a little squandered.

It will still no doubt be a good ride, but it could have been so much better.

Update:

Layout is complete.

IMG_20190303_161358.thumb.jpg.4084ccbc285d2ee53e380309868a5cde.jpg

IMG_20190303_161607.thumb.jpg.21a850b64f9ff2b7bd53fd5680645c04.jpg

RMC's prove their worth in their ride, not necessarily in their look. I'll admit I totally wrote off Storm Chaser because of how short the airtime hills were and seemingly slow the ride was in videos. Actually riding it was a shockingly different story.

Pay no attention to internet haters. This is going to be a really fun ride in a great coaster park.

^ To be honest, I don't feel that it's completely unwarrented, there was a lot of potential for what could have been done to White Cyclone and it feels a little squandered.

Such as?

RMC's prove their worth in their ride, not necessarily in their look. I'll admit I totally wrote off Storm Chaser because of how short the airtime hills were and seemingly slow the ride was in videos. Actually riding it was a shockingly different story.

Pay no attention to internet haters. This is going to be a really fun ride in a great coaster park.

And even if for some reason you hate it, it’s not like the park is short on different flat rides or other types of roller coasters to enjoy.

My thing is most of these folks on the internet will never pony up the time or money to even go to the park to actually experience the ride. Just a bunch of arm chair coaster designers in my opinion . . .

^ and nevermind the park has several other "destination worthy" attractions anyways (besides the fact that it's in Japan!!).

I mean. . even without the White Cyclone RMC, this park has been on my bucket list for years for this sucker here:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

RMC White Cyclone is just icing on cake

Edited by bert425

^ and nevermind the park has several other "destination worthy" attractions anyways (besides the fact that it's in Japan!!).

I mean. . even without the White Cyclone RMC, this park has been on my bucket list for years for this sucker here:

--

RMC White Cyclone is just icing on cake

^This

This park's been on my bucket list for the exact same reason. Being Japanese myself and having lived nearly 6 years of my life there I've been dying to get back to the country anyway. Like has been said, Hakugei is "icing on the cake," an extra credit, and a great addition to the park.

Nagashima's my favorite park that I've yet to go to, and all the haters are just jealous because they'll never get to ride

That layout looks insane, too. Looks to be one of the top RMCs. That outerbank on the first turnaround looks . The park did a relatively good job utilizing a lot of the existing support structure, unlike many of the six flags RMCs. No, they didn't go the extra mile and make the lift hill into some sort of record breaker like CP did (or like BGT will), but they did make it a bit taller and ultimately an excellent job with what they had in my opinion.

Such as?

My problem with Hakugei is just that most of the elements seem so stretched out (The double down after the outward banked wave turn and the overbank being the main examples) compared to the more relentless look of the top RMC's. One of the ones I like to point to for what White Cyclone could have looked like at it's full potential is by CoasterMac305 on YT.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

As I said, as much as it could have been better and I expect Hakugei will end up being an upper-mid tier RMC, It will still be one of the better rides out there.

Hakugei is probably going to end up being my first RMC, so all this lowering of expectations on my part could lead it to absolutely blowing me away.

Even if Hakugei ends up being a mid tier RMC that will still make it one of the best coasters in Japan.

It's just such a different culture and I worry giving them a ride like Steel Vengeance wouldn't have paid off. I'm sure this ride will be great for Japan.